Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So on the PC, can you import from any post-Collector (this better not be a loving spoiler) save-game? Because I just went and reloaded my Adept and oh God what did I do to his face :gonk: So I used Gibbed to swap in the default face because at least that doesn't look like :pwn: Can I import from that modified save file? Or only the one directly after the final mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I just want to know if I can pick the save game I import from :(

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yes, you can. It gives you a list of all of the viable saves.

So fearless Joe Shepard defeats the Collectors and then spends the next 20 save games dicking around the galaxy; do I get to choose from any of the 20 save files?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

hypocrite lecteur posted:

FPSes like 6 generations ago didn't have enemies that magically respawn in your field of view, but apparently we're regressing

How do you like the idea of dudes who can spawn other dudes who are tough to kill and highly capable of killing you just magically appearing whenever the game feels it's appropriate?? Well, buy ME3, and enjoy the Cerberus Engineer/combat turret train. Good design, and enjoyable!!

They knew people didn't like this design and they still :psyduck:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

CaptainCarrot posted:

must go to sleep so I can get up at 6 and play another 12 or 15 hours of Mass Effect 3...

Play straight through. Do you think Commander Shepard gets to sleep? No, (s)he's busy saving the galaxy!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

hypocrite lecteur posted:

Enemies drop from skylights and from doors you can't go through. Your statement's basically wilfully wrong. Keep on being apologetic for some pretty awful design, not sure what it gets for you but go nuts

So what would the right solution be?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Haven't read all 38 pages, but I wanted to say that goddamn this game is amazing so far, and that I added my Origin :smug: ID to the list. I started off just sending friend invites to the folks at the bottom of the list; I figure that if you're newly added like me then you're looking for people to play the multiplayer with :)

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Brackhar posted:

My apologies if this has been answered, but I don't want to read through the thread with potential spoilers to try and find an answer. I imported my save from ME2 and want to play as the same class, but when I do I start the game at level 30. Is there any means currently to prevent this from happening? Understand that this isn't a matter of me wanting to make the game harder by starting at level 1 (I know the game scales), but I personally really enjoy the action of placing skill points and unlocking abilities.

Also, if you have your ME2 discs still, go find your save file and pay the credits to respec yourself, and don't spend any points. It's under advanced training or something in the tech lab. Then make a new save and import it to ME3, and you start with like 1 point allocated.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Brackhar posted:

This sounds awesome. Thanks for the help!

Disclaimer: I did this on the PC. Don't know how the console handles save imports.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So I got a side mission to hit up a planet in the Krogan DMZ, but I can't find the system on the star map :( Does it unlock later or something?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Can I delete a multiplayer character? I didn't see a way to :(

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

You can edit the name and appearance, but resetting skills can only be done via cards you get from item packs. Level and skills are reset when you promote them.

That's fine, getting stuck with a dude named Blargh because I just wanted to check things out would suck :(

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Worth saving up for the Black Widow rifle on my Infiltrator?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Holy dick is ME1's combat harder than 2 or 3 :( I was cleaning up in 3 and decided to go back to 1 and play through as a female Shepard, and I'm getting my rear end kicked non-stop as a Soldier on normal difficulty :saddowns:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Rincewind posted:

Speaking of locking in romances, in my latest ME1 game I... kind of... accidentally banged Kaidan. I was just trying to be polite! Anyway, how do I make sure I stay with Garrus in ME3?

You go back and load up an old save, then tell Kaiden that you're not interested with a nuke :shepface:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Why do so many players apparently take the boring route and pick Soldier? It's hardly any different than any normal third person shooter character, so why not try something more unique?

I'll admit that I used to roll with Soldier in ME1 and used it at first in ME2, but can't bear to go back after trying the other classes. I think that first time players are really skewing the numbers on these polls.

Because after playing through the all three games as a space-Jedi or a space-mechanic, sometimes I want a different playstyle.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Have Shepard delete it for her. It was her boyfriend's last wish and she'll be unhealthily attached to it otherwise. It'll be hard, but better for her to start moving on instead of obsessing over a memory of Keiji forever.

And then someone else can sexually harass Jacob :q:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I missed clicking on the space hamster when he was running around the lower deck. How do I make him reappear? I miss my hamster :(

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

1st AD posted:

Just use gibbed to edit him into your cabin.

360 :(

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I just stop talking to Jacob after his loyalty mission. Problem solved :shepface:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I did the same my last playthrough. I really liked him the first time, but the last time he just rubbed me the wrong way. I ignored him for the vast majority of the game. I also liked Miranda much more this time.

Not like his boring rear end has anything interesting to say anyways. And some help he is. Facing a galaxy, civilization-ending conflict and "I'm gonna hang out in the hospital, we cool Shepard?" NO WE ARE NOT :argh:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Some what. I know if you had a gal Shep who romanced him you can call him out, and either reconcile or not.

And leave his current gal a single-mom? drat Shep, you're heartless!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Femshep can bag a blue lady, a hallucinogenic lizardman, the last member of an extinct species, and a dinobirdman.

Liara, Thane, Javik, and Garrus?

Guess who's missing :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

My original plan was to be a complete space-racist and only be nice to humans and screw over aliens as much as possible, but then I bumped into Garrus and he said,"Can I come too?" and I couldn't say no to my space-bro :shobon:

I'd feel bad about Wrex but I manipulated Ashley into killing him, yelled at her and then left her to die on Virmire :angel:

Some space-racist you are, if you left Ashley to die. Consider she probably moderated space-Stormfront or whatever, how could leave behind that kindred spirit?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Ashley isn't racist, remember in ME1 she starts a sentence with,"I'm not racist, but...." and we all know that makes her immune for the accusation!

You're a space-racist, not a moron.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Burning Mustache posted:

Keep the game paused indefinitely from this point, because it's only going to go downhill from here.
Actually, finish up Tuchanka and then stop playing :I

Someone hasn't played Citadel :shepface:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Finally intend to finish 3 on 360 after several restarts and MP sidetracks. Finally saved cash for the Black Widow and oh my it's so awesome in SP.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Forgotten how rage-inducing invulnerable Kai Leng is :argh:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Bring Down The Sky for 1, Shadow Broker and the squadmates for 2, and all of them for 3.

Omega is skippable.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Zoran posted:

Everyone seems to love Lair of the Shadow Broker so much, but if you asked me to rate my first experience with it, I'd have to give it a zero. :iamafag:

Why did I make this awful joke?

I don't get it :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Zoran posted:

I really should have said one and a half billion zeros.

Huh. I didn't even know that happened!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Well I finally just finished ME3 on 360. I blew through 3 on PC when it first came out and remember being so mad about the ending that I couldn't play it again. Got the trilogy when it came out and have been slowly playing through it. Well, twice, I restarted 3 just before the final assault.

I wasn't as upset this time around :unsmith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

There isn't one. That's a major part of why I asked. The intent of the endings was to encourage speculation and discussion, by the writer's own admission, so I think it was an intentional choice.

Well, they definitely succeeded at that.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Mario was never a Spectre. That tattoo is not canon.

I'm now imagining Mario tooling around in the Normandy with Peach, Luigi, Yoshi (as Grunt / Wrex), and other assorted characters from that universe. It's glorious.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

GFBeach posted:

Actually, I think Bowser would make more sense as a Krogan. Not sure where that leaves Yoshi, though... maybe Drell? Hanar? ...Elcor? :shrug:

VV EDIT: OK, works for me. :v:

Bowser as Harbinger, duh :colbert:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Burning Mustache posted:

I dig the Shadow Broker concept.

Mass Effect in general should have had way more obese characters :colbert:

No fatties because Mass Effect fields :science:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Mass Effect 2 just updated again through Origin. What was that about?

In other news: Infamous fetish artist Arania finally made some Mass Effect stuff.

Why would you do this terrible thing :gonk:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I like what someone said on the Giant Bomb podcast, "It should've been you :mad:"

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Fifty Three posted:

Try to buy it. :haw:

Review :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Helith posted:

Well. That's certainly something. She's joking, right? :stonklol:

It's a he :ssh: