Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Really disappointed with my local launch events. Three stores weren't even open and the ones that were just had the game on the rack.

For MW3, we got a giant block party, devs giving away games, free shirts and hats, and there were stacks of CEs.

For this, there was nothing. No giveaways, no devs, no CEs for stores other than GS/BB, and there were very few copies of the game.

My town has over the top releases for every big game (TOR, GoW, MW3 had gigantic launches). I wonder what the hell happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
You know what's awesome? The DLC not being on Xbox Live. Guess I'm just playing MP tonight.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I guess my starter pack loot was a consolation prize for not being able to get the DLC. Hello Asari Vanguard.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Has anyone that bought the regular edition been able to download the DLC? For me it is alternating between being unavailable to buy and giving me an error when I try to buy it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have the CE and despite having installed it, it just tells me it's corrupted when starting the game. Even a repair doesn't fix it.

Yeah, lots of people are reporting major dlc issues on every system. Fun times.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Wow the Kinect commands really are that amazing. I'm sitting a good 10 feet away with the sound up pretty loud and it is flawlessly picking up every command. Ever game should have kinect support like this.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Every part of the game with the kid is just so bad. And then he starts talking...

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
For everyone concerned about xp and being over-leveled with a continued save: it takes an extremely small amount of xp to level, especially at lower levels. Even if you start at one, you'll be in the teens or twenties after a few missions. Even in the 30s, you earn 2 or so levels a mission.

You'll still max your main abilities fairly quickly without an import so there isnt that big of a power difference early on.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 6, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Coughing Hobo posted:

This game is way better than I expected, but [character reveal spoiler]EDI-bot is maximum creepy. Though her joke about forgetting to cycle the Normandy's oxygen was great for Shepard's reaction.

Character Spoiler: After playing a while I didn't find her to be the super creepy part. Joker's reaction to her is the super creepy part. He's about to piss himself with excitement when she first gets into the body. After that he has so many loving creepy comments and long uncomfortable stares.

By herself EDI wouldn't have been that strange. She has some interesting character development and reminds me of a more human Legion. Joked just takes the whole situation to awful places.

Also, the 360 DLC got fixed and should work for everyone now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kater posted:

Or just bring a shotgun. Why wouldn't you bring a shotgun. Shotgunshotgunshotgun. Pistols are irrelevant. Shotgun is the vanguard of your doom.

Because 200% cooldowns is amazing.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Hizawk posted:

I love going to the store, buying a game, coming home and not being able to play it. This loving Origin service is beyond stupid. I've never heard of it before, yet it says my email address is already in the system? And when I request them to send my password to me none arrives.

So I cant install a game I bought and have physical copies of?

Is this thing loving serious?

Welcome to the exciting world of modern PC gaming. Where everyone is a pirate until proven... well, you're just a pirate. Always.

vvvv - The worst part about this character creator (which can be said about several other character creators) is that you really can't tell what your character is actually going to look like. The creator is much darker than most normal settings and the angles really don't allow you to see some features properly. I had to restart and remake my face because my features didn't turn out right (because I couldn't see jaw/cheek depth properly even when turning it to the side).

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 6, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TerminalBlue posted:

Okay, I know this isn't the Origin Complaining Megathread or anything, but man... it really is bad. I was just sorta assuming the reports were exaggerated, but I just had it crash for the umpteenth time while downloading. One of the times was while I was trying to buy 800 funbucks or whatever the poo poo. My account was charged, yet I got no order receipt or points. Awesome!

Now customer service is being bitchy at me because I never got an order receipt. They keep asking for the card number over and over and over again, but I didn't use a card, I used PayPal. What a pain in the rear end. I just want to play the drat game.

Well at least it gives me time to fuss over which ME2 save to import.

Origin completely turned me off of playing ME3 for PC. You just have to put up with too much bullshit. I bought TOR on Origin and didn't get my email receipt until over a month later.

I was a bit concerned about the lack of hotkeys on the 360 version but the Kinect really makes up for it. It makes controlling your teammates so much better. And it's pretty cool to just using voice commands for the dialog sequences.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
^^^^^As long as she is loyal.

There are two parts to the scanning. The pulse will reveal any war assets nearby and then you have to go collect them. In open space, it most often reveals a derelict ship that can refuel you. Around planets you may get ruins, artifacts, or resources. Just keep trying it near every planet/asteroid belt you can. You only need to scan each area once.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Plot spoilers:

There are so many awesome set pieces and parts to the game like Tuchanka and Javik. Then you have poo poo like the dream sequences. They add nothing positive to the game and just pull you out of the immersive world.

Javik is amazing though and I am so happy I got him immediately. His little quips about each race are hilarious. After his conversation with Wrex about eating Salarian livers, he be and a permanent member of the shore party.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Putting fortification on Vanguard Shepard is absolutely insane. You have massively increased damage and take very little. Then you can purge it and beat and Atlas to death with you fists. On Insanity.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Brackhar posted:

My apologies if this has been answered, but I don't want to read through the thread with potential spoilers to try and find an answer. I imported my save from ME2 and want to play as the same class, but when I do I start the game at level 30. Is there any means currently to prevent this from happening? Understand that this isn't a matter of me wanting to make the game harder by starting at level 1 (I know the game scales), but I personally really enjoy the action of placing skill points and unlocking abilities.

Without editing the save, no. However, this doesn't make that big of a difference because levels 1-30 take very little experience each and you get boatloads early on. After 30 things slow down but you still progress pretty fast.

After a few missions you would be pretty high level anyway. There's enough experience in the game to get from 1-50.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lotish posted:

How badly does Fortification slow down your biotic charge?

The slowdown is a but confusing. I don't know whether it's supposed to slowdown cast time or cooldowns. If its cast time, the it straight up doesn't affect charge and nova.

If it is cooldown and if you have very little weight and other power reducing effects, it doesn't slow it down at all. My charge still comes up about 1 second after nova. I'm actually using three weapons as well and still have extremely quick cooldowns (because the weapons are all weightless thanks to my powers and mods).

Fortification is just so good. Virtually no cooldown for 25% damage reduction (30% if you don't want the melee damage bonus) and 20% damage and force. Then you can expend it for 100% melee damage bonus. Combined with other +melee from powers, bonuses, and weapons, this makes you melee for incredible amounts.

With this setup, I don't have to be that cautious on insanity like I was in 2. Other than a handful of situations, I've been able to just charge around and explode people with melee.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Edit: Beaten.

Also, Kelly didn't show up in my game at the beginning. Hopefully it was just a bug and she will in Ng+

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It's possible to heal all you old scars if you want. You get some medical supplies as part of a side mission an you can spend them on that.

Also I just loaded my maximum fuckups Shepard and the memorial wall on the Normandy is so long....

Edit: Anyone know if there is a purpose to the wandering crew member that you get a red interaction circle with? Other than him just saluting you?

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 7, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Pressly is on the wall. 4th down k the left side for me in my regular game. Charles Pressly.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Side quest spoilers (Samara): In 2 Didn't Samara say the only Ardat-Yakshi were extremely rare and the only ones in existence were her three kids? But now there is a monastery full of them?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lotish posted:

You pop it just like Tech Armor, right? So best decision would be to map Fortification to the LB and Nova to RB and pop the armor when you need to beat something to death Nova didn't kill? Not sure how often you need to do that.

I look forward to trying this out.

That's exactly how I have it mapped. I do charge, nova, pop, heavy melee, reapply if I have time then charge/nova again. The buff last 20 seconds so you can do a few charges before needing to pop of again. A heavy melee with it popped will instantly kill a normal troop, or a centurion after a charge. It makes heavy melee take out multiple stylus health bars too.

While the armor is on and not popped you also get a power damage and force boost. This leads to some really amusing nova and charge knockbacks.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Schubalts posted:

No, she just said that all three of her daughters are Ardat-Yakshi.

Samara specifically says that three are three Ardat-Yakshi in existence and that she has three daughters. In the LOTSB you can view her communications to her daughters and they say how isolated and alone they are. The dozens/hundreds of them in monasteries is a retcon.

It's a positive retcon that makes sense unlike Cerberus being evil and working with the Reapers all along.

Eej posted:

I feel like every time I try Nova I just die instantly when my shields go down. As a result my playstyle is with 100% barrier Charge, 15% bonus damage shotgun to the face followed by Heavy Melee that resets cooldown on Charge and gives insane melee damage buff for like 30 seconds. Also Shotgun bayonet looks so god drat cool in cutscenes.

There are some enemies that can really gently caress you up if nova but you can get away with it 90% of the time. You just have to keep everything knocked down.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 7, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dystonym posted:

In response to ending spoiler things
The kid says that you are partly synthetic and so you will die if you choose to kill all synthetics. Flimsy explanation, but that's the one they give.

Which is opposite to what EDI said when you ask her if you are synthetic earlier in the game. She say you aren't.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

murder all posters posted:

So you need 5000 war score to get the ending where Shepard lives? My score is 5800 but shep is still dead.

5000 effective assets. That's after they are reduced by readiness.

There are also other factors that effect the assets required for certain endings. Like whether you saved the collector base.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It should be all.

1stGear posted:

Are there any other ME2 party members that can die? I got Thane, Mordin, Legion, and Tali and they were all pretty painful.

Grunt can if he's not loyal. Same with Kasumu, Zaeed, and Samara.

Related, that teenage girl waiting for her parents on the Citadel is pretty depressing. Each visit, she is more and more depressed.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 8, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Nckdictator posted:

Welp, Kelly still hasn't appeared and the next mission I have is right before You find the Genophage cure. Any advice or is the game just bugged?

Happened to me too. I assume it is just something not flagging properly.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TheJoker138 posted:

There's a point of no return for side quests in this like there was in ME2, right? How far away am I from it, in number of main story missions, if the next main mission I have is curing the Genophage and the Krogan homeworld?

E: ^^^ In regards to your second spoiler I was really dreading her, having read the spoilers about it from the leak, but the way that her and Joker's interaction is mostly played for laughs is actually kind of endearing. Although her "what is this hu-man emotion you call...'love?'" poo poo is kind of cliched.

Just do every side quest you receive before doing a priority quest. You shouldn't lose quests if you do it that way.

This won't work for some of the scanning quests though because they are dumb and don't give you the cluster you need to go to until several priority missions later... I'm looking at you Hades Nexus.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 8, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TheJoker138 posted:

Thanks guys. I've been doing it Lawlicaust's way anyway, but there are certain points I just want to do something of importance cause maybe it will actually unlock some new poo poo for my crew to say (it won't, they'll still refuse to say anything but "commander" to me for the rest of the loving game I bet. Jesus christ, you would think that halving the amount of squad mates would have made them give the ones that are there twice as much dialogue, but nope, that seems loving halved too. Bioware :argh:)

The companion dialogue is inconsistent too. Some conversations are repeatable for a while and others are one-shots.

I think the biggest change is that there are maybe 10 persuades in the entire game. If you do all the side staff, you'll probably go a good 5 hours or more without seeing a persuade or interrupt. I nearly missed a really important interrupt because I had pretty much forgotten they existed in main plot.

Edit: Unless you talk to Cortez. He has one or more interrupts every conversation to console him.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 8, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

BiohazrD posted:

Got sent two of the Best Buy Preorder codes for 360

W3YXQ-6V4CC-GTVVG-TRKD7-2D66Z

For whoever

Someone already used it. :(

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I'm really debating if I want to do a NG+ now or wait to see what the future dlc will be. I kinda want to do a NG+ now because I had so many bugs that broken quests and characters.

I had about 5 missions that would update, I had a mission that wasn't fully implemented (I got access to a cluster that was flashing and had a planet with one of the big quest boxes but I couldn't interact with the planet at all), a few characters that didn't spawn (Most of the pre-invasion citadel events like Kelly weren't available), I had some really strange cutscenes/dialogue skips, and like most people I had the love interest ending bug (shows Liara instead of your LI).

After the ending, I just don't feel much motivation to do NG+ though. If that secret ending for NG+ rumor were true, I might give it a shot. Guess it's time to play a fuckton of multiplayer while the bugs get sorted out.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 8, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

keyframe posted:

Goddamn the game got hard. gently caress the brutes and banshees so much. :arghfist::qq:

I found ravagers to be way more annoying than brutes or banshees. They have explosive sniper plasma rockets and explode into poison clouds that do 90% of your hp over time.

Banshees and brutes are extremely predictable. If you learn their attack animations you can avoid everything.

Though I think the supreme rear end in a top hat award goes to Centurions. Grenades are probably directly or indirectly the number one source of my death. If you drop in cover at all in insanity, every cent throws a grenade. When you pull out of cover to escape them, something else kills you.

I really found any part with Cerberus much harder than any other enemy. With the other enemy forces, you can just coast around killing then. Cerberus forces are a pain in the rear end unless you kill them as soon as they spawn. It's probably because they are so varied. You have lots of potential enemy types and abilities to watch out for.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 8, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Romes128 posted:

The AI seems a lot better than ME2. I'm getting grenades thrown at me while being outflanked. Although I get the occasional guy standing up out of cover for no reason.

I also like that all the weapon upgrades can be bought, as well as found. But there needs to be some way of knowing if you already found an upgrade so you don't buy it again.

You can't buy them again. You just upgrade them to a higher quality. Some are on terminals and some are found. If you miss an upgrade when on a mission, it will later be added to a terminal just like intel.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Gadzuko posted:

Ok, the ending guide is either incorrect or is talking about total strength and not effective strength. I just re-ran the ending with 7k total strength and 70% readiness for 4900 effective strength. Ending spoilers: I didn't save Anderson (no idea how to do this, I passed all paragon checks with TIM), I chose to destroy the Reapers and Shepard survived. According to the guide I needed 5k strength in order to do that, so maybe it only requires 2500 effective?

Tank mentioned this in the other thread. There's one event that reduces the required assets by 1000.

The thing that most people are missing about total strength and the ending is it's only 5k if you don't get the final conversation with Anderson. If you do it's 4k. What's really dumb about this is that you don't need to persuade TIM. You need to interrupt him. I interrupted him and had around 8k strength. My destroy ending was Shepherd lives.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Question for XBOX 360 players: Is there a patch in the works that makes it so you have to change discs more frequently? I'm sick of only having to swap discs out every fifteen minutes.

That goes away after about 10 hours. The long load times and frequent dialogue stalls are there to stay though.

Against my better judgement... I just started NG+

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
You can do Locust + Disciple + Carnifex and still have 200% CDs.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

epenthesis posted:

I'm surprised by how much I dislike her, given that I didn't understand what people found objectionable about the character when she was leaked. She doesn't look or sound remotely credible as a war reporter.

I'm just going to pretend Emily Wong is in there, alive and well.

Everything about Allers is bad. Her model is so poorly made that its worse than ME2 Miranda. Her voice acting sounds like they just go some random person off the street to read lines. And her writing is pretty awful too.

My only guess about her design is that they wanted a reporter love interest and decided to make her different from the other reporters. 'We already have a confident and good report and we have a tabloid journalist. I know what we need! A complete airhead that sounds like she's has a giant wad of gum in her mouth at all times. Brilliant!'

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Amish Ninja posted:

Fair enough.

Somebody mentioned that the infiltrator slow-zoom doesn't work anymore, right? I've barely played, but started up sentinel and the number of different abilities was kind of annoying. Versatility is nice and all, and I don't mind having more buttons to press but they seem kind of redundant.

What other classes are people having the most fun with? I see a lot of endorsement for vanguard. Is it more interesting than just charge->nova all day?

It's more interesting if you want it to be. You can setup for melee damage and run around punching Brutes to death. Or you can go more weapon damage and get Carnage. Or go heavy biotic.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Aberrant posted:

Well, you can't really expect much from Jessica "Licked a PSP" Chobot or w/e the gently caress her name is.

That character just makes me think of Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time. I don't know if it's her voice, her word choice, her 'I didn't like you anyway' when you turn her down, or the massive puffiness of her face. I keep expecting her to say whatever and huff off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CaptainCarrot posted:

This is a lie. Plain and simple. You cannot get the best ending without 5000 warscore, and you can't do that without multiplayer.

You can get it with 4k though which is doable without MP (though you have to perfectly make every decision in 1,2, and 3). You have to use MP if you mess up some decisions.

• Locked thread