Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok, this might be an odd request but during an early conversation with EDI after she gets robo-body, she makes a comment about only forgetting to recycle the Normandy's air if she find something reeeaaalllyy exciting, and Shepard makes this incredible :gonk: face. I don't suppose someone could get a screencap/gif of that please? I would but I'm on xbox.

Not sure if that needed a spoiler but I figured I'd be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Banjodark posted:

If you're playing insanity, I'd take full barrier recharge on charge and half-barrier use on nova. The additional survivability and not blowing out all your shields after a nova can buy you the precious,few seconds you need to survive between charges.

What's a good bonus power for a vanguard? Is barrier worth the cool down reduction for the increased survivability and the detonate power (lift everything around you then charge/nova and blow it up)?

I like Reave as a bonus power for Vanguards, damage reduction is always good, and since it acts as both a source and a detonator for biotic blasts it combos really well with your (team mates) other powers.

Charge and Nova benefit from radius upgrades as well, since staggering nearby enemies is more important than doing a minimal bit more damage. Pierce should be taken for Nova's rank 6, since the damage boost far outweighs the chance of not using barriers. Besides, your cooldown on charge should be so low that you can zip off again immediately anyway.

Personally I don't like half-blast, it messes up my rhythm too much. Besides, between 200% cooldown reduction off the weapons, 25% from Nova rank 5a, and up to 50% from armour bonuses, charge for me is ready to go even before I finish Nova. Honestly, I found that being able to do devastating damage quickly and then zip off and be full-health again to be more useful. The times where I'd have liked to keep some barriers in reserve, like against Atlases or Turrets didn't seem to make a difference, since turrets don't stop firing and will finish you off in the few moments between Novas, and Atlases will either fire a rocket or do a melee smash and knock you back, which seems to leave me with about the same amount of health left no matter how much I had when hit. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something? (This is on insanity also).

Related question: Does anyone have any preference between the Talon and the Disciple for Vanguards? Or would a pistol/assault rifle be better to keep long range options open?

Non-related question: Sometimes squaddies will comment on previous mission, does this change if you took them with you? For example, after meeting up with the Salarian councilor, Javik says something like, I heard about this Kai Leng human you encountered, blah blah, does anyone know if that line changes if he was in your squad during that mission?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

skoolmunkee posted:

Around the ship they'll update after every mission (except the N7 ones I think). So if you want to catch it all you'll end up doing a ship round between each one. They stay put on the Citadel until you finish Priority: Tuchanka, after which some people and stuff get moved around (and will stay put again).

With the mods you have to buy them and find them. You can only get to level 5 in the first playthrough. You do end up with lots of money but not enough to buy and upgrade everything. Pick favorites for upgrading the weapons themselves, but you might as well buy all the upgrades for mods you like since those work across the weapons in a set.

I've had them update after N7 missions, but it seems inconsistent. Sometimes they have something new to say, sometimes not. You can hit the... left trigger? on Xbox/PS3 (don't know computer) to bring up a map, and then use the bumpers to flip through and see squaddie locations on the Normandy/Citadel.

Important to note, make sure you finish off all the Citadel based 'go scan poo poo' quests BEFORE doing the Priority: Tuchanka mission, or you'll be locked out. Also important to know is that sometimes you can't complete those missions right away: the cluster/system/mission is locked off for now. They don't give any indication of which ones you can't do right away.

Weapons themselves can be upgraded at a terminal in the cargo bay, up to level 5, or level 10 on a NG+.
Weapon mods only go to level 5- 2 or 3 levels are found during missions, the rest have to be bought (although not all levels unlock right away).

There's lots of money in the game, as long as you're:
-exploring mission maps for poo poo to find (my favourite is 'salvaging' someone's bank account)
-not respeccing too often
-pick up all weapons/mods/armour/items while on mission, so you don't have to buy them later
-don't buy poo poo you won't use
-some planets give credit rewards when scanned

Sombrerotron posted:

Hahaha, I finally got to see Conrad in ME3, and I'm goddamn glad I had decided not to read any spoilers. When the asari matriarch writings and Elkoss Combine license came up, I just gaped at my monitor in stupefied disbelief. It blows my mind that those variables have been tracked all the way from ME1, and that those utterly pointless things actually end up serving some purpose after all these years. Amazing.

The first guy Conrad namedrops (the one Shep did a favour for) was actually a guy who gives you a quest on Feros to scan a computer in the Exogeni building. I can't imagine anyone would not have done that quest, it's so simple.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Ugh, the quest tracking in ME3 is poo poo. How/where do I find artifacts for the Presidium Commons black market salarian so he'll sell weapons to General Oraka so he'll let up on Eclipse so Aria will throw in with me?

I dunno, here's a link with all the planets n poo poo. Mostly accurate I think.

Looks like it's in the Kite's Nest, Vana system.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Banjodark posted:

Ok basically I have to do this in my ng+ as I'm coming up to that entire plot arc now.

I am still trying to figure out what line lets shepard say tell your friends we're coming for you because that's a pretty bad-rear end moment as well.

It's the renegade one.

Then you take the interrupt and Shep finishes with "Nevermind, I'll tell them myself".

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Hidohebhi posted:

Currently on my renegade run. Can't wait for this moment.

Also, my renegade fem-shep looks EXACTLY like Traynor. It's actually kind of creepy and I had no clue until Traynor came up to introduce herself and it was like WHOA MIRRORS.

Sybilla Shep

Ok so you definitely need to post the face code for this.

I already have a ridiculous ~headcannon~ wherein Shep and Traynor are twins separated by the Mindoir raid.

DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME MAN :mad:

vvv no way man no romance they are just siblings. close siblings who... watch each other shower? uhhh that's something siblings do maybe sometimes?

poo poo

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 31, 2012

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Hidohebhi posted:

Ask and ye shall receive!

721.F1F.L21.T81.HDF.1BW.3NA.116.LG6.IC6.2G6.276

I think their lips might be sliiiiightly different but still close enough to be creepily similar.

Alright, thanks a bunch!

Even with the ending I'm still having fun with the rest of the game, on my third playthrough now!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I was surprised that my squad (Liara and Kaidan) were actually able to hold down a Banshee while I solo'd another one during the monastery mission, they're a lot tougher than in ME2. I don't recall ever seeing a single instant kill attack performed on anybody during my entire single player run though, and I was playing as a vanguard so I think I was extremely lucky that a Banshee never grabbed me.

I will say that in addition to what dwazegek said I definitely think the Brute chokeslam and Phantom impale are also instant kills and not just heavy damage because they will put down a maxed out multiplayer krogan with one shot (plus the loading screen says that Brutes can instantly kill you).

I've definitely seen a Banshee pick up a squaddie, and I'm sure phantoms/brutes have got a few, but their animation is so fast it's easy to miss.

I started a new game, not an import this time, and I didn't realize how much a difference starting at level 30 made. You can max out your major skill(s) + the passives pretty much right away at 30, so having to scrape and scrounge my way up makes a lot of the early fights much harder.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Alteisen posted:

What the hell is Paladium and Element Zero used for, I have a 140,000 of Paladium and 80,000 of E-Zero, meanwhile my platinum and Iridium stocks drop constantly.

Eezo's mostly used for biotic based upgrades, plus respeccing Shepard (and squadmates if you have LotSB). You actually only need about 50 000 Eezo as I recall to get all the upgrades, unless you're respeccing after every mission or something.

Palladium is used to upgrade 'cybernetics, shields, heavy pistols, and armor' apparently, needing about 200,000 to upgrade everything fully.

Thing is you might not get any upgrades in either category for a while. Maybe you get a glut of shotgun + sniper rifle upgrades which drains platinum, then a bunch of assault rifle and heavy weapon stuff for iridium. Eventually you'll pick up a bunch of pistol and armour upgrades and then you'll be wondering why you have so much platinum and no palladium.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Vigilance posted:

Is there are a certain point when the Quarian/Geth quest gets unlocked? I don't see a journal entry for that unless I missed it or it's supposed to become available after a certain amount of stuff gets done.

It should be coming up very shortly.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Vigilance posted:

Yeah I allowed him to upload at first and then the dialogue wheel came up and it was basically stop legion or let him upload. There were two options on the left but both were greyed out. Not sure what I did wrong as I did all the side quests on Rannoch first and was being pro peace on all of them.

I thiiiiink you needed to have:

Kept Tali and Legion alive in ME2
Done both their loyalties
Entered the Matrix apparently(although you said you did this)

These things give you points on a hidden system, 5 points are required

Destroying the Heretics in Legion's loyalty makes peace easier, but is not necessary (+2 vs +1? for saving) (I saved them and still got it)
Saving Admiral Koris (not the civilians) (+1)
Don't get Tali exiled in ME2 (+2)
Use a paragon/renegade coloured option during Tali and Legion's fight in ME2 (+1)

You also need your reputation bar filled out like crazy, needing four bars filled, so right up near the top.

Your actual dialogue choices don't matter. You could call for the Geth's destruction at every turn, but as long as you have those other requirements fulfilled you can broker peace and vice versa.

If you have all that done and still couldn't get it then I dunno man.

edit: apparently there is some confusion regarding what need to be done vs. what just contributes.

I've got the guide book and it says you must destroy the heretics in ME2, but I didn't and still got peace. It also says that not getting Tali exiled isn't a requirement, same with saving Koris.

Brokering peace is impossible with a new game no matter what, since I'm pretty sure the game defaults to Legion being dead, which makes peace impossible?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 7, 2012

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

WarLocke posted:

I think someone just said you can't hijack that one.

Does the Atlas near the end of Grissom Academy count? You can cap the pilot before he actually gets into it.

No, I got the achievement for doing it during the DLC mission. I'm also pretty sure you can do it at the end of Sur'Kesh, I think I did it there, but they disabled it for the demo so that led to some confusion?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Toast Museum posted:

Is that where they were building it? I thought they were just doing some landscaping on Rannoch while they built their Dyson sphere in the middle of nowhere.

Edit:

Dyson spheres surround stars by definition. I just don't think it was that particular star. The sphere itself was to be the server.

Nah when you first get to the Veil or whatever there are three points of interest in space there: The quarian fleet, the geth fleet, and a debris field said to be a partially constructed Dyson sphere. Most of the geth were on it so when the Quarians attacked and destroyed it, they were lost, which is why the geth were so dumb they needed Reaper help.

But uh yeah they could have moved it for sure though

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm at the end of ME2 again, but the suicide mission isn't triggering. The only thing left in my journal to do is Arrival, though usually it forces me into it when I got to do Legion's loyalty mission. Should I just go to Ilium/Tuchanka or something next time I'm on or what?

The suicide mission triggers differently depending on how many active missions you have. If you have 2 or more available missions (including Legion's) then it won't trigger right away I think. If you've done everything else before the IFF mission then it will give Legion's right away (unless you sell him) and then the Suicide mission right after that.

A lot of people use this 'extra' mission to bring Legion on Tali's loyalty. I'm not sure if just landing at a hub counts as a mission. You could try it, but you might have to do Arrival or go find an N7 mission if you haven't done them all.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I played as an infiltrator and I just could not handle those things properly. I tried warp ammo as my extra tack on power and juiced it up, but still no go..I had to hammer the drat thing forever and hope that Javik could tank it long enough for me to empty enough shots into it.

I had an easy enough time kiting them and getting her hung up on geometry, they're just so resilient that the time they stay up becomes a problem, especially during the final push.

Any tips on this?

Bring teammates who can detonate biotic/tech explosions. Liara + Javik/Edi are good, Kaidan if you have him too. If you unlocked Reave from Kaiden it makes an excellent bonus power since it can both set up and detonate.

The Banshee won't go down right away and you have to do some more finagling with team mate cool downs but now you've doubled your damage (sniper + detonations), also detonations do %based damage off of enemy health.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Is there seriously no way to mute people in ME3 multiplayer?
edit: I just mapped all voice chat to a sound output that doesn't have an actual speaker on it.

Ugh, it's super annoying on Xbox at least, since there's no indication of who's talking at any given moment AND to actually mute someone you have to open the start menu, scroll to the person you want, open their gamer profile and mute them from there.

So all I know is someone's making an annoying racket and I want to shut them up. What do I have to do? Spend 15+ seconds (in a time critical game) to mute someone who might not even be the right person since I can't tell who's talking!!!!

Why can't every game have Halo's system :mad:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

I finally beat this game for the first time.

I have one question about future DLC. I accidentally picked the wrong ending at first. I just walked straight into Synthesis when I really wanted Destroy. Once Shepard jumped into the light and I got the Achievements, I said "oh poo poo" and quit the game. Then I played the end-game again, and picked Destroy, and watched everything (even Shep gasping), and it eventually started me back on the Normandy. I'm worried now that any future DLC will now take the wrong choice into account. Or am I fine since I ultimately made the "correct" choice?

I also have a question about the end game, regarding Anderson. The "Anderson lives" thing is just him not getting shot by Illusive Man, and having a short conversation with me as he dies, right? There's no real "Anderson gets up and walks away and lives happily," right?

Also, I know it's probably tiring to hear about it again, but the Indoctrination Theory is the only thing that is even close to making sense with that ending. I'm personally certain that's what they were going for, even if they never flat-out say it.

-All we know about future DLC at this point is that it will probably take place before/during the ending (think like a mission about retaking Omega). So your choice of ending has no impact on any DLC maybe probably.

-yes you are right about everything here

-unfortunately there have been notes and such from the writing stages that basically say, nope what we got is what they were going for

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Scuzzywuffit posted:

I got the impression that a lot of the shadier business stuff came from EA? Someone in here was saying that Bioware had originally intended to have Javik be included in the storyline, but EA made them withhold it for the :10bux:.

That press release, though...drat. "We know that a lot of the fans aren't happy with our ending, but we'd just like to remind you that this game has received several perfect reviews :smug:."

Like, I understand that it must be difficult to see fans think that the last five minutes mars the rest of the (actually pretty great) game, but saying, "I know you think that the game is bad, but please remember that it is actually good," just seems like the wrong way to go about things.

I think Bioware saying something like, 'it seems you don't like some aspects, but please try to remember the good stuff' wouldn't be too bad, I don't think anyone would get bent out of shape over that sentiment. They're not insulting anyone or anything, and they aren't really directly insulting anyone right now either. Thing is that many game reviwers/journalists have, and Bioware going, 'well their opinion is worth more to us than yours' does send a certain message to the fanbase.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

precision posted:

Definitely. But I also think it's the wrong way to go about things to say "Change the ending of this game that is already done." Or to say "Because one writer had a totally idiotic ending in mind for one of your games, I'm not buying your games anymore". To do that is offensive to all the people who worked so hard making the 99% of the game that is great. It's punishing the people who wrote characters like Garrus and Thane and Mordin, the people who voiced them, the artists who made the Citadel look so nice, the scenario writers for terrific things like Overlord or Kasumi's loyalty mission... it's punishing the hard work of all those people who very well might be working on BioWare's next game, which has a nonzero chance of being good, just because Casey Hudson gave free reign over the ending to a guy with a terrible idea. And I don't get that, and can't get behind it.

I don't know, doesn't that effectively remove really the only way customers have of giving feedback to companies that they will actually listen to? If you don't like how a company is progressing then as a customer, you have to a)let them know what you don't like and b)give weight to your words by not buying (or saying you won't in the future). It's the 'don't like it, don't buy it'. Many people couldn't un-buy Mass Effect, so that's just been transferred one down. Now it's up to Bioware to listen and actually prove they've listened if they hope to keep getting money.

And it sucks for the people who did do good work, yeah, but that's life sometimes. Do groupwork, and sometimes there's a weakest link who devalues the rest of the group. It sucks, but noone should have to support something they don't like just because it's linked to something they do. I wouldn't buy a car with faulty steering because the seats were really nice.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ungulateman posted:

By grab, you mean melee killing people from cover, right?

It's hilarious when you can use it, but ultimately next-to-pointless on a Vanguard (or any other class).

Hilarious that you completely missed it like that, though.

You're actually invulnerable while doing it, so you can use it to get some breathing room/shield recharge while your squad/multiplayer allies hopefully maybe (probably not) clear the area.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

More of a general question, but if you took the extra power evolutions on Adrenaline Rush/Tactical Cloak could you stack them with Marksman?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the answers.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Can a Sentinel completely skip Tech Armor and just stick to throwing out warps and cryos and overloads and poo poo or is that pretty much a waste of a sentinel?

In multiplayer maybe, but in singleplayer where Shepard has access to the cooldown reducing intels, armours and such I'd say TA is way more useful than Cryo blast.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Shooting a thing at least felt like the option least likely to have a beneficial outcome for the Reapers!!! Or something

Except you're shooting the thing you built to defeat the Reapers in the first place! I think? I'm not really sure where that last bit takes place.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Cometa Rossa posted:

So I just beat ME2 and I'm about to get on this one. Without spoiling anything, will rewriting the geth instead of destroying them make my Quarian bros pissed off at me?

It makes it slightly harder, but not impossible get everyone happy. So yeah they're a little pissed but not insurmountably if you do everything else right.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Craig Spradlin posted:

I get the feeling that the scope of ME3 is meant to be larger/longer than it feels - the player just doesn't experience it that way because all the non-mission stuff is edited out of our experience - and so episodes of shore leave and R&R make sense.

Yeah I agree pretty much. The main quest line is go go go all the time, so you're always thinking 'is scanning this system as important as going to Rannoch' or something, so doing sidequests vs the main quest.

I think if there was some downtime or something in between say, the citadel attack and the Rannoch arc where you were encouraged to scan/do sidequests that'd help the pacing a bit? Or maybe not, I'm just spitballing here. Just that it sort of makes sense that there'd be a period of time where there isn't much plot going on, like why would to Quarians attack just as you finish up the Citadel defense?

I'm sort of thinking about Morrowind here, where several times in the main quest it encourages you to just go explore or do some guild work or something instead of rushing the main plot. Now Morrowind's much more free form so it works better than it would in Mass Effect, but I just think it might help give side missions a better place.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Viridiant posted:

Edit: I'm dumb, for some reason when I read "Garrus" I read "Grunt".

You can do that too, in the combat simulator, along with all other surviving ME2 squaddies.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

Which squad mates can you choose from?

In the main dlc mission, just the ME3 crew + Wrex, I think*.
After you unlock the combat simulator, you can earn tokens to use any surviving ME2 squadmates (besides Mordin**, Legion and Thane of course) in the simulator.

The MSJ posted:

What do you need to do to get this?

There are 'challenges' (ie. Reaper solo, geth elites on a certain map, no med gel, etc) for the simulator that get mailed to you (check the set up screen where you choose what enemy and map and such). Complete them all and the hidden thing unlocks.

*I know that your LI will show up during the initial part, but will that include possible ME2 LI's? If yes, will they be available for the next few sections?
**I forget, has anyone confirmed if Mordin will show up if he's available?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 7, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

As a Vanguard player, I still have no idea what this "stealth" word means.

Serious Edit: For some reason I never got one on one emails from Jack or Wrex during the whole pre-party build up. Am I missing something or do they just not have these?

Jack should, Wrex doesn't have an email but he does have a meeting (Joker and Kasumi don't have emails either) check out the bar, top floor of the casino, and scan the main casino floor thoroughly)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

^^^ I don't think so, I for sure did some after the party, James' even changed some dialogue to reflect it was after

404GoonNotFound posted:

Do all these go away after the party? :ohdear:

Actually, where does Jack's start? I might just try to trigger it manually.

They shouldn't! I think I only did one or two before the party and they weren't any of those guys I just mentioned. Just keep refreshing the computer, maybe try some zone transitions or something?

Jack's is at the combat simulator, I think just at the top of the stairs leading to the set up room anyway.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Canadian, it's nice that the game finally embraces the fact Kaidan is one of them.

Doing the tango on the 'first date' with Garrus is also one one of the best things ever. That, and finally meeting Blasto.

Are the multiplayer character cameos the same in all playthroughs? My favourite has to be the Human Infiltrator woman and a Vorcha Soldier. There are also two Sentinels in the Arcade, a turian and a salarian.

I think they're the same, there's also two asari in the casino, a fury somewhere outside and a human soldier and engineer I think outside the casino on the second level.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Are there any vanguards anywhere? Or the new collector guy? :v:

One of the asari was, and the human infiltrator talking to the vorcha bitches has justified complaints about an ex-cerberus vanguard.

The latest multiplayer stuff referenced I heard was the last dlc before this one, that introduced collectors, jetboot turians and volus.

Considering the newest mp dlc was only released a week before and was done by a different studio (?) it's not surprising to me if the single player crew didn't even know some of the stuff being introduced in time to reference it in Citadel.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Nah, the Human soldier guy outside the 2nd story entrance to the casino mentions the jetboots.

That's... what I said? Jetboots were introduced back in like, september, along with Volus and the collectors, and all three of those get referenced.

The new stuff like juggernauts, hammer krogans, and AeIoU's don't get referenced.

vvv oh, no problem

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 8, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

EDI's actually surprisingly useful. Never really saw the appeal of the decoy skill in a non-MP setting though.

Personally I found her recharge times to be really slow, and I couldn't figure out why. Like Liara could get 3 second cooldown on singularity but EDI would have like one overload every 10+ seconds.

Her multiplayer AIU ripoffs are way better.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Just as good is after you pick your party for the final mission, the two people moping are determined by your gameplay stats for that playthrough. It's always the person you picked most and the person you picked least.

I think the person most used is only if you don't take Wrex, otherwise it's him and the least used... I didn't take him, I know I know, but honestly I didn't really like his skill set. Seemed like it'd be great on a player controlled character but kind of wasted on a squaddy. Same with some of the other returning ME2 peeps, they just can't compare to Liara's singularity-warp bombs, or Kaiden and Javik Dark Channel+Reaving everything (really helpful for Vanguards!).

They somehow managed to make Miranda even better though (she dropped slam and picked up reave and incinerate!).

Jerusalem posted:

Looking at a different DLC for the moment, I kinda like that so far in the game, Javik hates everybody but Garrus (who quite clearly can't stand Javik). It's kinda adorable and if I can't have the old school Shepard/Garrus/Wrex team then Shepard/Garrus/Javik is a pretty good alternative.

Dunno if you've seen this but in Citadel Javik will really get along with Zaeed, Wrex and Grunt. They have a bottle shooting competition with hilarious poses as they take cover behind the couch.
If you take a different path during the party then Zaeed and Garrus will bro out trying to turn the apartment into a death fortress. Garrus has a hilarious line "rig the refrigerator :aaa:"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

TheLoser posted:

I'm now playing through ME1 for the first time. drat, this game handles so differently; it's unreal. I must've died 3-4 times in my Normal run of ME3 and I've already doubled that count in the first few levels here.

Yeah, ME1's difficulty is a lot more front loaded because you're much more dependant on gear level and skill point investment. Gun accuracy dependant on skill points, the long initial cooldowns meaning skills won't be used so often at first, your armour actually being the basis for your defense instead of a bonus...

Once you get some levels and better gear (around level 10? Certainly by the 20s) it gets better, and after 30 or 40 you're just unstoppable.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

What's actually really nice about Citadel is that you're never locked out of stuff for not having romanced someone, like you were in ME2. For example, in both of the Cortez scenes BrianWilly just mentioned, you can still do them even if you haven't romanced him! It's just that in one case you'd be all flirty and poo poo and in the other you're not.

I think the one with the biggest change would probably be Jack's second one Not-romance Jack shows up with a biotically powered Varren that's totally a metaphor for her own life Romance Jack gives Shepard a tattoo. Maybe Garrus' too Either you play wingman for him or you do the tango

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, MP did the same to me.

"Heh, an atlas?" :smug:

Makes the combat simulator in Citadel hilarious.

"Round start...

Kill streak two-three-four-f-si-sev-eig-MAXIMUM KILL STREAK

Round goes to Shepard"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Jabarto posted:

Yeah, I played it yesterday and loved it. It was a really nice change of scenery.

While we're on the subject, was Overlord good? I never got it and in fact completely forgot that it existed.

Cons: -plot isn't that special (Cerberus experiment gone wrong) and doesn't really tie into anything else
-just fighting geth and mechs (although maybe you like fighting geth and mechs so could be a plus)
-no squad mate interaction
-hammerhead platforming sections ugh

Pros: -great atmosphere
-good music
-gorgeous vistas
-fun and interesting set pieces
-sets up one of the most emotional scenes in ME3 I think
-some pretty humorous moments

So yeah good but not great. It's got a very similar atmosphere to Leviathan so you'll probably like it. The last few sequences are probably the most creative set pieces in the series in my opinion though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

You actually allude to it one of the pros, but I disagree on that one. The general idea of a cerberus experiment gone wrong is a bit generic, yes, but the actual details of what happens are at least above-average for video game writing, in my opinion.

You also get a little bit of extra closure to the story in ME3, where the doctor fills you in on the consequences of what happens as a result of the choice you make at the end of the ME2 DLC.

Ok yeah that's fair enough. It is a really good ride. What I should have said was it's very self-contained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Because after playing through the all three games as a space-Jedi or a space-mechanic, sometimes I want a different playstyle.

Which is fine and what I did too, it's that soldier apparently accounts for almost half the playerbase, far outstripping everything else.

• Locked thread