Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I just beat the game.

I'm pretty sure I did every single sidequest, and got every system to 100% (except for ones without anything in them, assuming I didn't just miss all the stuff hiding in the corners when I spent 15 minutes at a time scanning every inch), and I got neither of the achievements related to the war effort. (getting "most" of the assets and maxing out everything)

I don't really care that much since they're just achievements, and the atrocious ending kind of killed any desire I had to ever put the game back in my 360, but I'm kind of wondering what I was supposed to do to get them? Are there a bunch of really obscure sidequests that affect the war effort or something? I made a full sweep of the entire Citadel every time I finished a mission and listened to every NPC conversation to its end just in case I would get a chance to accept a quest, and it seemed like all my choices in the main story were the ones that would affect the war in the most positive manner, so I'm really confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

canada jezus posted:

So how likely, does everyone think ending dlc is? Broken steel took a pretty long while and i'm not sure if bioware would be up for something similar.

Considering Bioware and EA's track record with DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if ending DLC is already in the works.

I sure can't wait to spend $10 for the ending to a game I already spent $80 on.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

TJO posted:

Could someone let me know with as little spoilers as possible when the point of no return is? Like how you could tell someone that in ME2 the acronym 'IFF' was the end-game.

When you try to activate it, you'll be given a choice of whether or not you want to start now or wait and prepare. Once you start this mission, all sidequests are closed.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Blinks77 posted:

I'm pretty sure the Quarian liveships came with their fleet as well so the Turians/Quarians in the sol system are not necessarily completely screwed.

I don't remember exactly where I read it, maybe on the War Assets screen, but I'm pretty sure the liveships stayed behind at their home planet (can't remember its name right now) along with a portion of the patrol fleet, and the rest went into battle.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ImpAtom posted:

I will say that I liked the Kaiden romance "ended" (at least I got the cheevo for it) when Kaiden and Shepard went out to a bar together and talked, instead of the most important thing being THEY HAD SEX. Yeah, there's still a sex scene later on, but it isn't treated as the all-important defining romance thing.

I liked that you could get the Paramour achievement for Traynor, and maybe other non-squadmates if you can get with them, making those romance options feel more legitimate than Kelly ever did. I actually got it completely unexpectedly and by accident when I decided to hop into the shower with Traynor because "I just saved, and if her taking a shower in her underwear is any indication, this is going to be very silly and worth seeing once."

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
One thing a DLC that fixes the ending should do is make it possible to raise Galactic Readiness without playing multiplayer, especially if the outcome of the decent ending rides on your effective war assets. It would be really bullshit to say "Pay $10 for this DLC and also $10 for an online pass if you're on a used copy (plus Xbox Live Gold fees for 360 owners) if you want a proper resolution to the trilogy." besides, you'd have to pay for the DLC anyway, so they're still getting the $10 they would have got from an online pass.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Shadowborn posted:

So, I'm doing Aria's mission on the Citadel and for some reason I can't do anything at the C-Sec office in the Commons. Have I done something wrong or did anyone else run into a bug here?

I got tripped up here, too. You have to go talk to Bailey first, even though the game points you directly to the Commons.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dominic White posted:

And if you were to pick the Paragon ending there's a whole galaxy of Shepard-controlled Reapers tooling around, meaning that nobody even needs the mass relays anymore! That's why it's unquestionably the closest to a straight 'heroic' ending. Yes, you sacrifice yourself, but fix pretty much everything in the process without having to wipe out any species.

But does she become a sort-of immortal commander controlling the Reapers at all times, or does she tell them to get the gently caress out of the galaxy and never return as the Crucible tears her body apart?

nthalp posted:

Ha. Interesting when you see your own quote on a different forum..

No they aren't repulsive. It was an analogy, get over it.

How could you possibly think outing yourself as the guy who wrote that was a good idea after seeing how everyone here thinks you're a horrible person?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Psyker posted:

But Shep doesn't die doing that. Shep basically does what the Reapers do - adds his/her consciousness to Catalyst/Crucible and assumes direct control. Shepard, in turn, becomes a heavily-armed intergalactic peacekeeper.

At least, that's one way to write it off?

Does the game actually explain it this way? I beat it kind of late and wasn't really all there mentally, I actually completely misunderstood the options presented to me and thought the only one that would destroy the Mass Relays was the synthesis option (Imagine my surprise when they exploded anyway!), so I'm willing to believe I completely misinterpreted it.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

BLACK AIDS ORGY posted:

All classes can handle any form of weaponry right, just with the restrictions of weight? What I like the most in the game is upgrading armor types, will becoming adept or sentinel or what have you keep me from using heavy armor due to weight restrictions? What class would you recommend overall?

Armor doesn't factor into weight at all, just weapons. But yes, any class can use any weapon.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dan Didio posted:

He should show up there as Mordin Solus. New additions don't always appear at the bottom, it's worth noting.

The list is in alphabetical order by first name, for some reason.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Jesus..4k EMS? :psyduck: Hopefully I'm still really early in the game then. As long as I just do all the sidequests I get and do everything I can before a priority mission I should be fine right? Or do I have to do poo poo like talk to every single crew member and scan every galaxy to 100% even when I don't have quests?

I did everything without touching multiplayer, and I'm pretty sure I topped out in the upper 3000s.

Which makes me realize, in the future when either the servers are down, or everyone's moved on from ME3 multiplayer to some other game, it'll be impossible to get the best ending, won't it?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

GulMadred posted:

you really should give multiplayer a try if you haven't already. Don't let your perceptions be poisoned by questionable design decisions[/list]

I've been playing the multiplayer now that I'm done with the main game, just for the 100% galactic readiness achievement (I don't know why, I normally don't care about achievements, but the Mass Effect games give me a compulsive desire to get them all.) and it's a lot of fun, but I feel bad because I'm terrible and I'm dragging the whole team down. :(

Speaking of achievement whoring, how do you get the Master and Commander achievement? I completed all the sidequests, scanned every system to 100%, and got every race in the galaxy to join me for the war effort, even the minor ones like the Hanar and the Volus (dunno if this is a spoiler, tagging it just to be safe.), but I didn't get it. Do I have to do something with multiplayer for this too, or is it one of those achievements that can't be done on a vanilla game because new game plus gives you a bonus to war assets or something?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Two Finger posted:

Seriously the more I think about it the more I hate Banshees. They are so aggressive with their mini-charge and the moment they get near you you're hosed. That final survive until you can fire the missiles fight was loving torture because I kept backing away and getting smoked by the Reaper's laser. I don't mind Marauders, Brutes, any of the other enemies but gently caress I hate Banshees.

Banshees aren't that bad. I play Vanguard and was dancing in and out of their melee range the whole time. The only time I got instant killed by one was when I didn't know they had an instant kill. You just gotta be careful.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Anonononomous posted:

Quarian question: Did punching the admiral keep me from getting to save the Quarians? I gave Legion the go ahead to upgrade the geth and the Quarians wouldn't stop attacking them. Tali tried telling them to stop but they didn't listen. I hear that I was supposed to get a persuade option on the matter but that never came up.

Punching the admiral doesn't matter, and I suggest you do it every time because he deserves it.

You have to complete both missions on Rannoch before going to do the one with the Reaper, and you had to save the admiral (I think that's his rank), and not his men. Otherwise it's impossible to make the scene play out right for peace. You might also have to make certain choices in ME2, I'm not sure.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

RBA Starblade posted:

How hamhanded does Bioware handle you having multiple relationships? Liara's already asked me whether I want to stay with her or who I wooed in ME2, but I want to know if it's going to get really awkward and dumb later on. Especially since I thought Shadow Broker already covered that. :shepface:

When Liara asked me who I wanted to be with I picked my ME2 love interest, and after that it seemed like the game just forgot I romanced her at all, if that's what you're asking.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

twistedmentat posted:

If on the galactic map, you see a reaper, but no system, that means you didn't get the quest for that system?

Nah, those are systems you just go through momentarily when using the Relays. You can never visit them, but they do end up under Reaper control.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm downloading it now, and I'm avoiding the other thread for fear of spoilers. Can anyone tell me if my EMS is important at all? My galactic readiness is at 50% (but I have like, 7000 TMS) and I want to make sure my ending isn't going to be cut short because I don't have Xbox Live Gold. (I've got a two day pass though, so I can totally grind it out if I have to.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

sassassin posted:

It's not going to make a difference, no.

I think the threshold is 3100 now. But it's all much the same, anyway.

Alright, thanks! I'm glad to see they lowered the EMS threshold, forcing you to play multiplayer was kind of bullshit, even if it didn't really change anything significant.

• Locked thread