Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

I spent half an hour trying to make my face better and gave up and loaded the thing it gave me as an ME2 import and turns out that was fine. :v:

Really impressed with the game so far. Not blown away, but it's a lot more solid than I would have imagined. The squad AI is downright amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Argue posted:

Does any of the ME2 DLC have significant impact on ME3, or can I just watch the cutscenes on Youtube?

Hard to tell. Probably not, but it is referenced all over the place. Also Kasumi's swank casual wear is in the game, not sure if it only comes through on import.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Senjuro posted:

Am I supposed to have the pre-order bonus weapons and armor at the start of the game or do I need to find them along the way? Because if I should have them right away then something is screwed up here. Only the KoA:R demo stuff is showing up. Is it because I wasn't supposed to unlock the game before friday?

You get everything by the time you get the Normandy proper. Think the pre-order stuff is all codes you have to enter though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I really doubt it matters, but the format is Name_XY_DDMMYY

Name being the name, X is 1/2/3 for Spacer/Colonist/Earthborn, Y is 1/2/3 for Survivor/Hero/Ruthless, and the date is date of creation.

Also it doesn't sound like you can't find her, but the medi-gel lady is next to the elevator on the left. I've done some stuff since finding it and she was still there, so who knows.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Jarmel posted:

I love the fact that the game never explains this to you. It blows my mind that nobody caught this.

"Hey turns out it's a bad idea to let cerberus siege some school for days on end."

What I find baffling is the complete lack of explanation of the Readiness % stuff. Am I supposed to know what the gently caress this is?

Vagon posted:

Hey! Thought i'd repost this one more time before resigning to calling their awful customer support. Save me from that awful fate!

I'm pretty sure everything I've installed from Origin does a Windows UAC thing to allow Origin to gently caress with your computer. Maybe you need admistrator access or something?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ShineDog posted:

I thought they just replaced the generic "fractured my thumb" conversations with zaeed style ones if they didn't have anything proper and new to say across the board?

Yea, seems like everyone has the Zaeed one-liner about most recent mission and then their own personal poo poo. It's better, no need to break out dialogue trees for no reason.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

Only girly men use their pistol, you should just be charging in, then smashing your enemy's faces in with a fist covered in volatile dark energy. As their lifeless bodies careen into a wall, Garus fires a volley of victory shots into the air and your space waifu sighs in appreciation.

Such is the essence of Shepard.

Or just bring a shotgun. Why wouldn't you bring a shotgun. Shotgunshotgunshotgun. Pistols are irrelevant. Shotgun is the vanguard of your doom.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You can get 200% bonus recharge rate with a shotgun with one of the weight bonus powers. I think the alternative is just some squad powerup. Why would you want that when you could have a shotgun.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

KariOhki posted:

I finished two of them, and am utterly stuck on the third. No clue where to go to continue things. That's my biggest complaint about the game so far, the quest logs are too vague.

Blue Suns? Yes, it's insane. Literally just some random scanning in some random rear end system. It *is* labeled on the nebula map, but sheesh.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Avocados posted:

I just hope if you do most of the sidequests this won't be a problem.
e: Wait reading this article over, it doesn't seem all to positive. Anyone chime in?

Pretty sure that guy's just grinding an axe. It's not meant to be easy but it is confirmed possible. Is this a fair way of making it more difficult? I unno. Would it be better if you just couldn't get the best ending with poor choices?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

SMP posted:

I haven't, and the other [spoiler]terminals aren't working either. I don't even have a marker for it. Looking this up shows a handful of other people are getting this bug. One random internet poster said reloading saves/going to other parts of the citadel fixed it, but that hasn't worked for me. This is the one quest I want to get done out of those 4 :([spoiler].

Are you checking the map to see which terminal to go to? Hope you fix it, that quest ending was awesome.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

kanonvandekempen posted:

Are the DLC guns that you get for preordering on origin supposed to show up in the extra content screen? I can only see from Ashes.

Also what the hell, I had the game downloading overnight and I wake up to find it at 25% downloading at 90kb/sec. Steam usually gets 1mb/sec or higher, what a disappointment, now I have to wait another day.

If it's any consolation, Origin greatly exaggerates your download speed and you aren't getting anywhere near that sweet 90gb!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

hunted by a freak posted:

Still haven't figured it out. :smith:

Mouse wheel. I think arrows work too.

Also the UI is moronic and will display that arrow if the screen is merely full and there's not actually anything unshown. I had it flickering in the weapon upgrade screen and once I maxed out a gun it revealed... nothing. The blinking light went away and I had an extra space.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Vega AKA Flex Crunchlust hits on me after some homoerotic slap-boxing

I'm pretty sure you have to hit on him first for that to happen.

The Yeoman thing was really awkward and dumb though, so it's a good thing she's Kelly's replacement.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Grey Fox V2 posted:

The one thing that's bothered me so far is how they're trying to sexualize a robot.

Edit: Err I don't know if it's even worth doing at this point, but hey spoilers I guess.

Tricia Helfer Not Being Sexualized was literally the best part of ME2. So many roles have her being some abject token of nerdlust, it was great to see her absolutely nail the VA and nothing other than that. There are no words for how horrible this decision was.

Also I'm fairly certain her silly bobblehead lightbit display in ME2 was more attractive than the loving abomination they cooked up. I love how my FemShep is basically proportioned like a giraffe and Chobot looks far more respectable than expected, but the loving AI is waltzing around as a ridiculous sexbot.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I forget can you have both discs installed to the 360's drive now or is still only one disc per game?

You could always have multiple discs installed, it just doesn't mean much because you still have to disc swap.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The map updates with most of the quests. It's still pretty lovely, but hey.

Man, it's really lovely. It's like they just forgot to enable the bulletpoints that open up for each quest like 1/2 had.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Name one other character that has hit on you that strongly in your introduction conversation.

I agree with you that it is a bit pronounced if you go in with the out of game knowledge of Bioware bragging about it. I thought the dude below decks having a husband was a nice touch, but him being the first dude you go comfort or w/e was kinda hitting on the nose. The Yeoman thing was just silly trash.

But Vega? Just to be clear, you are talking about this right? Yea... not seeing anything. Loco is hardly the most endearing of nicknames.

And to answer the question, the first conversation you have with Liara is 100% double entendre. The conversations with Kaiden/Ashley in ME1 are so ridiculous it's easy to think they removed the homosexual relationship at the last minute. And ME2 was *full* of people complaining about accidentally starting relationships.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

TheGreatDave posted:

This game seems pretty buggy on the PC. Character animations will go from Shepard just randomly flying in air while running, or Shepard getting stuck in loop animations during cutscenes. For one example Shephard was focused on a item in the Normandy so his head was turned 90 degrees to the left while talking to a perosn on the ship. Was creepy. :eek:

Now he's stuck still and I can't get him to move away after talking to Joker and Edi. :qq:

The first time I talked to Liara on the Normandy my Shepard kept staring at the info drone behind her. Her as in shepard. Behind herself. So Liara was talking to the back of Shepard's head while the rest was facing front. Then when the info drone joined in they both started twisting their heads back and forth rapidly and neither of them had pupils in their eyes. The first thing I thought of was The Princess.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

For whoever was asking about SMG/Pistol bonus damage to shields/armor, there is a tooltip in multiplayer at least that says something like "You should consider bringing both slow and fast firing weapons for dealing with various types of resistances."

kater
Nov 16, 2010

steakmancer posted:

Any help would be appreciated. I did fiddle with gibbed's save editor but nothing outside of simple background stuff for ME1.

Which happens to be exactly what you are having problems with?? There are two sets of ME1 flags in gibbed, make sure they are both switched.

Virmire Survivor posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just assumed it got revoked again after Arrival/Alliance detainment.

There's definitely a flag for it and it definitely works. (For some people :v:)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

So is this game good or not, I have it bought and installed and poo poo anyway but I want to know. It'll be easier for me to work if it turns out this game is as disappointing as everyone said it was going to be

Opinions are assholes and all, but I think it's fair to say anyone who says this game compares unfavorably to ME2 has a screw loose.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Popular Human posted:

Can someone please help me, I don't want to use the goddamn default Shepard

I assume you've tried putting it on the xbox hd or flash storage and not just the USB thing, right? Can you load the save in ME2? I remember hearing some poo poo about you need to have the save on the original xbox it was made on or something.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

omg car crash posted:

Any idea why the game crashes every single time I get done watching the video about the stasis pods on Eden Prime? I can't keep playing any further because of this. :(

I'm not sure if it was either doing the videos in reverse order (Just keep looking around) or mashing space button to get past the talk with Liara that got me through this.

Popular Human posted:

I don't even have a PC career. I have a cleared Mass Effect 2 save sitting on my flash drive and Mass Effect 3 refuses to import it. This is on the 360. This save has never been "in the cloud."

Have you tried moving the save to the actual xbox on your wife's (not just usb)? Maybe that's the voodoo that will work. Also you need to use the same xbox profile as the save.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nucular Carmul posted:

So without spoiling too much, holy poo poo bring EDI to Sur'Kesh and talk to Wrex.

Just wondering, what the hell is this? It's so random... Is it supposed to be a joke about ME1?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

EDI I still really loving hate what you've done to yourself but keep making jokes like the transhuman one and maybe I'll let it slide.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How do I stop this game from having ridiculously low volume levels?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

thetrin posted:

I think he's playing on PC. The PC version has awful sound levels, even at max.

Yea. Even with headphones I have to jack up the volume so loud that I get static because they are wireless. And even if that was acceptable it doesn't work because going to the galaxy map reduces the sound even further and the game doesn't revert back on it's own.

There's a whole hell of a lot about this game that feels incredibly cheap and rushed. I guess quality control doesn't matter because I've already given them my money. :v:

thetrin posted:

The whole concept of using multiplayer to affect the ending is astronomically stupid. They can't possibly not know that the majority of people who play video games play through the single player and THEN play the multiplayer.

The way how having individual sections of the galaxy is so incredibly meaningless just feels like there was supposed to be some single-player component of readiness that got cut.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

thetrin posted:

So then if that's the case, what is the minimum line on the bar? There doesn't seem to be any other visual representation for how much EMS you need for the best ending.

I'd just like to know what I should shoot for.

The dialogue box in More Info or w/e flat out says how good of an ending you will get.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

thetrin posted:

Hmm, I don't think I know what dialogue box you're talking about.

I assume you're talking about a dialogue box in the war room display that I've somehow missed.

Yea, top level of War Assets screen, there's an option that will overview your chances.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

DMBFan23 posted:

Sur'Kesh question:

The game is pretty explicit about what having Maelon's data does. The cure was derived from the Krogan Maelon cured, not his data. Mordin repeatedly states that having it is helping her recover though. Which I'm fine with. I haven't progressed much past that point but it's elegant and feelsgud and seems like it *might* be important later.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nitramster posted:

Oh idk, aside from wrex and kaiden in the first game, noone else died (minor NPC's and the drat council not included, bwahahah).

I'm actually having trouble thinking of a quest you couldn't resolve by killing everyone in ME1.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Marx posted:

I hate to be one of 'those guys' but it's totally just pandering to the nerdiest portion of their base.

I don't see how. Her character model is frumpy as gently caress. I thought it was cute how one of her lines was some version of "They just make me attractive in post."

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Badassfully: The Blasto 6 audiolog is amazing. It's so hidden away, I would never have found it if I didn't regret being nice to Miranda and reloaded.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I just hit the maximum save limit. I mean, sure, it's an absurdly high number but... why does this exist?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The Goon posted:

Just starting up the game, finally. For those that have done it, would you recommend Adept or Vanguard? I played as an Adept in the first two games, and am wondering how people found those classes in this game.

And how much multiplayer do I need to play to be able to get my War Assets to the proper level?

I was all about the Vanguard in ME1/2, but it felt really boring in ME3. I spent the endgame sniping most of the time because that was so much more fun than Charging everywhere. The shield recharge still saved my rear end plenty of times though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Regarding Miranda:

It's a mandatory story mission you get later.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it actually possible to get to level 60 in a playthrough? I imported a pretty comprehensive Shepherd at 30 with nearly everything done in ME1 and 2 (never bought Pinnacle Station but I doubt that means poo poo) and maxed out at 56. I think I did every sidequest as well.

You can't import a character higher than 30, that's what ME2 maxes at. I don't think it's possible to cap in one game.

Not that it matters, I had at least 40 points unassigned because the only thing I used was my sniper rifle and biotic charge.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I love the Shepard/Jacob scenes, because they're like something out of a "Sexual Harassment in the Workplace" educational video

Oh my god they really are. Shepard even gets that demented smirk, and Jason jumps around all uncomfortable searching for what to say.

I always got the impression Femshep was like this with Kaiden/Ash in ME1 too. Dismissed Chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The best thing about infiltrators is taking the Geth shotgun and priming it before cloaking and then firing a full charge AND STILL BE CLOAKED. What's that, big dumb stupid Geth Prime machine? You want to lose all your shields in a single shotgun + melee combo? Okay I will oblige.

Man infiltrators are the best. Even vanguards are wimpering cowards so long as those red moons aren't connected. Infiltrators know that meleeing pyros is how you kill them.

• Locked thread