Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Jesus Christ, gently caress Geth Hunters and Rocket Troopers up the rear end in SP and MP. Is there any real way to counteract them as a soldier besides "fill with lead from a safe distance"? I lose more buddies in MP to them than even Reaper Brutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Holy Cheese posted:

Completed it last night. It was meh. Don't know what the fuss was about. Total overreaction in the fanbase. It wan't a terrible ending, it was just a boring ending.

Fixed.

Honestly, I thought it was pretty lame and you really don't end an ending that causes more "speculation" if you promised to finish of the series, but yeah, I agree.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Why the heck were the Vindicator and Mattock nerfed this time around? Even the M8 had more viable firepower against random Reaper rushes, unlike the Vindicator.

Granted, I was playing a soldier.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Yeah, and the N7 Eagle was basically the new Phalanx. Granted, Collector's Edition, gotta keep up fanboys' expectations of ordering early.

I'm still confused as to why they made the iconic assault rifle not on the Collector's Edition. Either way, the rest of the N7 Collector's Edition weapons are pretty great, even if the shotgun is rear end-heavy and you can barely hit anything with the Hurricane.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't think ME1 is terrible, but I also don't bother playing it on high difficulties except on replay characters with good poo poo.

Edit: I never got the whole "the Mako sucks" thing. It was when you had to get out of the Mako that it sucked, on the random worlds. :v:

It REALLY needs a sprint key that actually sprints instead of doing the dumb roadie run from GOW. Bioware really likes padding out games by making your character as slow as loving possible, for some godawful reason.

Yeah, the Mako itself was a lot better than the Hammerhead, and was pretty agile AND could snipe geth with a machine gun. Then again, I was filthy and played it on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Vigilance posted:

I thought with Me2 they were setting up a plot about the mass effect space magic somehow shorting out stars which would be bad for the universe. So i figured the Reapers were around to make sure nobody used too much space magic up and were harvesting civilizations continuously to try and figure out the problem. Or...something.

It seemed like that little sub plot was gonna be important anyways but they dropped it in Me3.

Am I the only one who didn't like that explanation, either? It felt really weird to apply it to a bunch of space robot ships who are obsessed with power and enslaving anything not a space robot ship.

• Locked thread