Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have a problem on Origin that has their ME3 as "Ready to Install" but does nothing when you click it? I clicked ready to install, it changed to Installing, then after a few windows thinking moments it goes back to ready to install.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE PIRATE GAMES. Add me to the official Origin haters club now. Anyone know how to fix this so I can actually install the game? The Origin live help is obviously outsourced to India an they don't have a grasp on English to understand what the gently caress my problem is. Sorry Sujeet Kumjar. loving EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hamburger Test posted:

If the answer is yes, I hope you forgive me for asking, but have you tried restarting Origin? I had the restart before it would pre-load on Friday.

Yep, thanks but that's not the problem I explained. :) Though what's funny is that I had that one too! When I bought the game initially it didn't let me preload. That was solved by restarting just like you said. This is something different.

Now that it has preloaded I'm trying to install it. I click it install, it says it's installing, the correct folders are added to the directories but the ME exe does nothing and origin says ready to install still (and yes even after restarting origin and my computron). Guys, I think I'm looking at an entire redownload. :(

I called customer service and they have no idea what went wrong. I think something hosed up trying to decode the preload and since Origin sucks dick it doesn't even know that it didn't install properly it just knows it's ready to install again! Good times.

BTW At the end of the CS phone call the rep said "thanks for choosing EA" and I got a "I didn't! I forced to use this!" before she hung up out. :colbert:

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 6, 2012

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vagon posted:

I'm afraid not. Origin just pops up with "Mass Effect 3 is Launching." When it closes nothing happens afterwards.

edit: I've also tried running as administrator to no avail. Frustration!

Well, at least I feel better knowing that it's not just me. This is def an Origin loving up thing. Not that it's less frustrating by any means.

E: I said gently caress it, I uninstalled the demo in case that caused any issues and I'm 10% into a new download!

• Locked thread