Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So... I finished the game and you guys weren't joking about the ending. I'd kill for a Broken Steel type DLC where I had drinks on the beach with Garrus and Liara while Wrex and Mordin counted seashells. Seriously one day I would like to play a game where it is at least possible to get a "happily ever after" ending. Granted I would choose the darker endings most of the time but still... no more Matrix speeches and "Hero does the noble sacrifice for no raisin" finishes please. The game was so drat good other than that.

Still wish I had a Krogan for my ending group. Would have killed to have Wrex so I could reunite my Bro Patrol from the first game.

Also how many bloody paragon points do I need to talk TIM down?. I had exactly two renegade moments that really didn't seem that renegade. Because gently caress Udina and gently caress Kai. In the other games the renegade choices were often hilariously over the top and fairly obvious.

For the Can-shooting scene with Garrus and every Mordin bit I can overlook the ending.

"I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the Citadel."

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Mar 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

How do so many people get to the 3rd game in the Mass Effect series and not know to always exhaust the left wheel options first. :confused:

Just so its said I always do. It was greyed out in the last bit of TIM conversation. I don't think you were being snippy but I steadfastly refuse to believe that there are any people out there that has played the game and never figured it out. I don't want to give any weight to the existence of such absurd mythical creatures.

Banjodark posted:

i swear this comes up at least 2-3 times a day now, I think we're at the point where we need to put it in spoilers in the first page of the thread.

you must use a persuade check (either paragon or renegade - and stick to them through the entire game) at every. single. prior. conversation with the illusive man in the game.

For the first mars mission you must use the left-side investigate option to pry open the first of these persuades, it's easy to miss. You must also persuade him at Thessia and at the Cerberus Base. Finally, you need to have nearly maxed reputation and you should be able to successfully persuade him in the final conversation at the very end.

Strange. I did that. I was wondering if it had something to do with total choices in me3 or an old me2 decision. I was max paragon with only two renegade choices taken in the entire third game and and not with him. Reread my post to see what they were. I was thinking it was my two renegade choices. Thanks for the intel.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Viperix posted:

I am always optimistic, but I fear you're not wrong. However, on the other hand, I derive almost no satisfaction from the ending. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't feel right. Sure it can be worse, but the moments ruined right now and that feeling can only be improved upon.

It'll probably be derpy and corny, but I don't think I care.

I was irritated at first but really... it wasn't that bad. I'm with you on it at this point. In my head I remember the ending to Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead and just put Thane, Anderson, Mordin and myself there. Garrus shows up at the end.

Boat Drinks.

Still love this series. So many things they did right. Soldier run was first. I'm debating whether I do Space Racist Infiltrator or Renegade Vanguard next. I'd try Adept but I never finished that in me2.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bruce Leroy posted:

Beyond those awesome flowchart image macros, are there any good class guides or recommendations?

I really enjoyed the soldier in ME 2, and I think I was an engineer in ME 1, but that was so long ago that I don't really remember much about the playstyle and ME 3 seems so different with so many changes that I'm not sure what to pick.

Engineer is a blast in ME3 single or multi. I tried one for shits and giggles and ended up having a blast. Blast or debuff away while tossing in a floating robot buddy. You don't really have to worry about only having X weapon families anymore. I take a Mattock and pistol and do quite nicely. In multi the Salarian Engineer is awesome. Of course I'm rather partial to Salarians...

They did a great job with the classes in ME3. I did Soldier first as well that was my first class and character in the first game. Juggling Engineer and Sentinel now.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Homeless Friend posted:

:ughh:

I'm not sure if I'm more flabbergasted by the fact that either somebody sat down and made the decision to model this or that somebody sat down and told someone to model this.

Can we add EDI's camel toe to the ME thread flow chart? We should strive for accuracy.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aristobulus posted:

Also the guy comes across as a Talimancer and Liara only gets one small scene

I still hold on to hope that a DLC comes along that has a slow scene with Tali taking off her mask to reveal something that resembles the realistic style pic of Zoidberg.

Liara definitely gets props for the most interesting LI. Just got my Space Racist to flirt with Ashley again and she totally makes me wish I had saved Kaiden on this run. She's alright but I hope this is just a slow burn for some nice moments later. Liara and Garrus just always feel like my best buds who forever have my back. I'm pretty indifferent to pixel sex but I dig someone who will back my plays. Even Kaiden didn't seem quite as suspicious. Course this is my semi renegade run so that could be a large factor. Still wish I could take Wrex and Garrus for those final levels.

Is it just me or did they really improve the combat and classes? I've been taking the piss with every class for a bit and drat if I haven't found a bad class yet. I really hope they do more with the universe. I'd enjoy the hell out of playing a Salarian taking a exploratory vessel in a post Gate universe.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 25, 2012

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Frocious posted:

Shepard runs around acting like the only thing that matters is Earth. Seriously? I really wish that the emphasis was on an alliance and the secret weapon, not saving Earth. It would feel much more believable to me.

They kind of give an answer to that later. Since you are beginning I won't say more but it is there.

Insofar as Soldier talk goes I like them but moreso in Me1 and 2. There was something about playing a true tank that amused me. If there was a damage mitigating ability added that would be awesome.I was replaying 1 yet again and found I still enjoy the class. That said I do still enjoy ME1 so take that for what you will. I don't spam AR like most Soldiers I see. More of an emergency button than anything else. I do use the piss out of Concussion Shot. A nice challenge on Insanity that borders on nigh on sodding impossible at times.

MMOs: I bloody hate them. It seems to be a genre that takes everything you like about something and spreading it on a Saltine or a bland piece of bread for mass market appeal. The Vegemite of games. I would still give er a go for at least a month if I could play a Salarian, Krogan or (please o please) a Hanar. Fear my tentacle flurry attack +10!

A sequel could be done. Think about it. Gates are gone so now you would have to struggle to try and reunite all the various pieces of the galaxy. Wrex was away from Tuchanka so who knows what a decade or two of breeding and angry Krogan are up to. The Turians, Asari and Salarians all got hit hard and most of them are probably cut off. It could be a game of exploration and rebuilding. One could always pull up a new race to come around to be the antagonist. I dont trust that shifty space cow. Fucker had to store that money somewhere. I'm thinking pocket dimensional portal. Move on from the Reapers and make the Universe a more dangerous place. I want to see a Leviathan dammit. I really just want more Sci Fi games instead of Tolkien rehash fantasy games. Also Im gay for some of the ME races. I never saw an Elcor or Hanar in battle. :cry:

edit for spoilers= sorry thought I was vague and only going over the known or could have guessed it bits - sorry again

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 1, 2012

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

denimgorilla posted:

Good riddance. They're the worst.

Kal Reeger was cool. They weren't bad once you got them to stop doing genocide. No way Bioware would anger the Talimancers so. I guarantee those guys haven't lessened in their loud obsessiveness for waifus. I would rather have a Geth robot pal any day. As far as Canon goes: destroy would be easiest. Hell have the peace between Geth and Quarian before the destroy ending the canon as well. Quarians feel guilty after regaining their homeworld so decide to try and recreate the Geth. That goes as badly/successfully as one would expect and now you got new enigmatic AI races that could becoming either friendly or antagonist factions later.

Basically I want a robot pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FronzelNeekburm posted:

It's a whole new galaxy. There's penty of room to discover a new, wacky, street-smart, slam-dancing buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8EMVurbrM&t=3s

That is acceptable but I'd rather have HK47 or Soviet Iron Giant. I saw that movie as a kid and I would so toss all my monies at a game if it let me have a giant robot pal (prefrably with giant Megatron arm cannon) that was a combination of pal and ride. ALL MY MONEY! Never understood why there wasn't an RPG mech game where the mech had an AI that you could program/choose from some templates. I would choose Mecha Stalin every time. During combat it would shout out ultra patriotic slogans (I'm Russian but would rather have pro-Soviet than pro Oligarch, ROC and Adidas) like Fallout 3.

• Locked thread