Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Is there any hidden timers in the game, like the IFF mission in ME2? I like dicking around the galaxy and doing sidequests, but I want to know if I will be penalized for it down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
So I just discovered this bullshit: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/06/a-mass-effect-3-psa-multiplayer-affects-the-ending/#more-97706

What's the threshold for getting a "good" ending in singleplayer? I've got the war readiness bar completely full due to obsessive probing, but all my galaxy regions are stuck at 50%.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
How far along in the game am I when the Protean VI just got stolen by Space Adam Jensen?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Why does Minos Wasteland flash like I got a quest there? And when I travel there, Aequitas is labeled, but I can't probe or land there.

Also, is it normal to have some Reapers show up on the galaxy map that you can't travel to?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Just finished the game. I loved it, though I still would criticize the main plot line for being a bit short, just like in the previous two games. One thing I'm really impressed with is the insane amount of references to what you've done in the previous games. I really should play them again from the start doing an all-renegade run that gets everyone killed, just to see how different the game would become.

But...the endings. Bleh.

What exactly is affected by war readiness? Is it just that you can choose the "unity" ending? Because I didn't really see any of the endings as good.

Either Shepard takes control of the Reapers, which for some reason appears to be the paragon ending (at least when looking at the color of the lights around the platform) even though it was exactly what the Illusive Man tried to do, which can only end in failure. Then there's the "unified DNA and harmony" ending which also sucks because forcibly rewriting the biology of everyone in the galaxy without asking is simply not something you do. There's also the part about the gates being destroyed, probably because Bioware didn't want the ending to seem too utopian.

Then there's what I assume is the renegade ending, which I picked even though I were like 95% paragon. Kill all synthetics, which includes the Reapers, the Geth, and...EDI? Small price to pay for (temporary) peace. Also, the ending videos showed the relays getting destroyed for some reason, which I wasn't informed about. Bad Bioware.

edit:

Sober posted:

[*]There are also two videos labelled End03_Shepard_Alive_Fem and End03_Shepard_Alive_Male showing your broken armour across the rubble, regaining consciousness - was this unused for the part after Harbinger/that Reaper shot at you when you ran for the Conduit?

This showed up for me in the good red ending, after seeing the Normandy crashed on some paradise planet (with crew intact), then after that it showed the clip of burnt Shepard taking a gasp of air.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 8, 2012

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Is there any way to fix it so the "skip dialog" key isn't the same as the "pick next conversation topic" one? I seriously can't understand why the hell they haven't fixed this problem over the course of three games. Maybe it's just Bioware's punishment for daring to skip past the voice acting.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Utritum posted:

Just to clarify further: The event is saving Anderson's life during the final debate with the Illusive Man.

What does "saving" mean in this context? I had a pretty good war score, but TIM still controlled me so I gutshot Anderson, then I later got a renegade prompt to kill TIM before he could execute Anderson. But he appeared to die, some minutes later, due to the stomach wound.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Lloyd Boner posted:

It barely affects the game. You can get every ending without it except Shepard living in Destroy but Destroy kills all the Geth so you're a genociding space racist if you choose it :colbert:. The best ending is clearly Synthesis. The loving kid even outright says it is..

For certain definitions of "best", I guess. (Cue "I never asked for this" times a trillion)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

serewit posted:

Just play some multiplayer, it's not going to kill your dog or something. Set it to bronze and you only really need a few hours - if that. I think I've played maybe 10 games or so and my GAW is around 80%.

Even on Bronze, it's a completely different game than single player. I barely died in single player on Normal, but in multiplayer I've lost probably 75% of the bronze matches I've participated in. Doesn't help that the default weapons are awful compared to what you get in single player.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Setting the enemies to anything but Reapers makes things easier. (I find the Geth the easiest)

Actually I find the Geth harder. loving rocket soldiers.

(I also suck at playing, but let's not discuss that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

thetrin posted:

Geth are definitely the easiest. Cerberus has Phantoms that can seriously gently caress a team up.

But I don't know. I finished Silver when I played the demo. It's not THAT hard. You just need teammates that aren't total idiots.

But I am that idiot.

Speaking of which, how are you supposed to use Concussion Shot? I feel it's basically useless, and the time you spend sending it could be better used with Adrenaline Rush and some hot lead instead.

• Locked thread