Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

More ending spoilers:

I saw a glowy Lazarus-type scar on his face (while it was being vaporised) but there's no Terminator face. He just...melts.

I don't think I'll be picking this ending any time soon.

Both the Control and Synergy endings are so hard to watch. Bioware is going to force me to watch Shepard die. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

Does Shepard actually die in the control ending though? I thought it was a "shed your mortal form to become master of all the reapers" type deal.

Ending spoilers
It's hard to tell because everything is so vague. I was leaning towards the Control ending for that very reason (God) but now that I see the Citadel's arms closing I wonder if the Shepard A.I. is actually going to be active or simply remain dormant until it's time to restart the cycle. I wish they would explain these things better.

I really don't understand why they thought these ending are in any way satisfying. Look, here's this character you've been growing attached to for 3 games, watch us horrifically injure him and then give him a horrifically painful death! Thanks for playing!

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Dolphin Fetus posted:

How many tracks does the OST have? There's stuff missing on the one uploaded to youtube, there's not even any Citadel music.

Also does anything happen at all if I romanced Thane in ME2? Anything major happen if I save or destroy the collector base? Halfway done with my ME2 playthru I'll be importing and unless something really cool/creepy happens from keeping the base I'm just gonna destroy it. Always regretted saving it.

Collector base: keeping it makes it easier to get one of the endings, and visa versa. You should still be able to get whichever ending you want though by.. uh playing well and war assets and meters and stuff. I don't believe it matters all that much in the end.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Is it possible the NG+ ending is Shepard surviving Destroy? I read somewhere that your war assets transfer to NG+ (don't know if that is true), maybe it's simply impossible to get enough with one playthrough (without playing MP).

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Westen posted:

Exactly this. Seeing Shepard emerge from the rubble was one of the best moments of the series. Even if I can't live this time at least let me feel like everything I did paid off.
Man, it does feel a lot less heroic now. Same with 2's intro.

...did 3's ending really sour the whole series for me? :smith:

I was hoping for an ending similar to that one but on a grander scale.

Westen posted:

...did 3's ending really sour the whole series for me? :smith:

yes :(

General Battuta posted:

I'm thinking about starting a thread just to discuss the ending backlash -- not the endings themselves, necessarily, but to keep tabs on how fans and Bioware handle this.

I think the backlash is a pretty remarkable phenomenon. I've never seen such total agreement on the idea that one particular ten-minute segment could ruin five years of entertainment. BSG and Lost had divisive endings, sure, but this doesn't seem divisive at all.

Would that be dumb?

Personally, I'd find it quite entertaining but..

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

According to the Leviathan spoiler thread on BSN the Leviathans once managed to enslave the entire galaxy and are set up by this DLC to do so again... could we be looking at a new Big Bad?

I certainly hope not. Your thoughts?

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

reagan posted:

I think Bring Down The Sky is free for PC. Or am I mistaken?
It is free, and it's here with instructions: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-9618640-1.html

direct link to EA download: https://help.ea.com/article/mass-effect-bring-down-the-sky-dlc-redemption

I just got it a while ago myself, no problems. :thumbsup:

Buddy Holly fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 15, 2013

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Just download (the English, Spanish, French, Italian, & German link) and install: https://help.ea.com/article/mass-effect-bring-down-the-sky-dlc-redemption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I have Mass Effect on Steam, and had no issues whatsoever installing the DLC from that link. I haven't actually played it yet, though, but it's on the galaxy map, so I assume there won't be a problem.

• Locked thread