Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Holy gently caress I'm about to just go rob Wal-mart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Hi how do I buy xbox 360 DLC please help. Want the extra character before I start.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
There is a god drat poker table in the area that was Kasumi's room. If there is a scene with a Star Trek Next Generation reference I will be able to die a happy man.

Also loved the shooting range on the Citadel. There are a lot of little details that are making this loving awesome for me.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

TheSpiritFox posted:

I just was wondering, I'm installing it now after having just finished my renegade import, do I need to do anything special to get the Kingdom of Amalur items? They don't show up under DLC or anything, I haven't actually fired up the game yet but I was just wondering if anyone else on XBox has noticed or cared whats up with those?

I got mine after I got control of myself in the Normandy.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
THE loving GUY GOT HIS loving REFUND AND IT WAS FIFTEEN CREDITS

Game of the loving Year

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I've been on the Citadel for at least an hour. They're definitely delivered on the promise of making it bigger and more important.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I just got to drive an Atlas :tviv:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Man I feel sorry for you PC users. All we xbox folks have to deal with is constant disc switching if we want to do sidequests in a timely manner.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
So without spoiling too much, holy poo poo bring EDI to Sur'Kesh and talk to Wrex.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
EDI loving owns if you're an engineer. She can be specced for extra squad tech damage :dance: Oh and setting off tech bursts and massive explosions everywhere.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

assfro posted:

Just did the intro for the third time.

Demo

Then began playing through as new game character because I had lost all my old saves. Discovered, to my horror, that Wrex was dead. Unacceptable, had to DL a new ME2 save that would rectify this. Wrex show now be alive and kicking. Hell yeah.

Wrex is absolutely worth keeping alive for ME3.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Just spent 24k credits on a fancy rear end aquarium Worth every penny :colbert:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Just a quick note, I am able to buy armor at Citadel shops that I didn't actually have in ME2, so it seems that if you didn't get much DLC, have no fear! They've greatly improved the variety of what the armors do as well. The Inferno armor increases power damage and cooldown, and the Blood Dragon give power damage and shields, which is what I'm going with. Don't give a gently caress about the rest since I'm an engineer, but I saw melee damage and health and poo poo if you wierdos care about that :shepface:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
:staredog: Grunt :staredog:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

tadashi posted:

Engineer owns so much in the early game. I literally never get shot. Importing a level 30 character probably helped a little, too. I have no idea how to spec my side-kicks but it seems like Reave can explode Singularity now? Maybe it's just the animation that happens when someone gets hit with Reave that makes it appear that way...

Engineers are so awesome, there's so many ways you can go with it. I have to try the drone bonus thing in Tech Mastery sometime so I can have badass turrets. I pretty much roll with Cryo Blast and Incinerate most of the time though.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

keyframe posted:

Is the inferno armor any good? I almost have enough money for it.

Inferno Armor is +30% to power damage and cooldown reduction. With a light loadout, I'm not sure how useful the cooldown reduction is, so I went with Blood Dragon, which gives power damage and shields.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Well hot dog I just visited our good friend Firebase Ghost in the singleplayer. It's literally the exact same map, but it is an interesting sidequest.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:ohdear: Grunt :ohdear:

:cry: Grunt :cry:

:black101: Grunt :black101:

:911: Grunt :911:

:tviv: Grunt :tviv:

:dance: GRUNT! :dance:

No joke, I seriously thought he was pulling a Boromir there :unsmith:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Noni posted:

Is anyone else seeing occasional neck issues? Sometimes when I run past a character, they pull an Exorcist on me. Or do I have to buy some DLC pack that includes everyone's spines?

Yes, and make sure you pick up the Cockpit Throw Rug DLC so you can cover up the spot Joker put honey on trying to get kinky with his new co-pilot.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Jiro posted:

Alright I'm at work you need to explain this poo poo. Please??? :smith:

Grunt spoilers! They aren't too specific, so they're somewhat safe to read, but they spoil the end of his mission sort of. You have him hold off a bunch of bad dudes while you run like a wuss, and he pretty much goes into Krogan Extra Beast Mode and smashes the gently caress out of a whole bunch of bad dudes, getting hurt but still getting up and wrecking poo poo, then he suddenly tumbles over a cliff with more bad dudes chasing him. You get to your shuttle like "drat bro that was epic, poo poo sucks tho" but suddenly he comes around a corner all bloody and sort of collapses into Shepard all "Does anyone have something to eat?" :black101:

More specific spoiler: the bad dudes are REAPERFIED GUDDAMN RACHNI

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I really like how Cortez's character is portrayed so far. I'm playing Femshep so I won't be banging him, but the part where you catch him listening to the recording of his husband dying at Ferris Fields is a genuinely tender and moving moment. Also the ribbing between him and Vega is great.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Noni posted:

I'm on the quest involving helping Aria unite the mercs and can't get Jona Sederis out of C-sec jail because I ended the dialogue by saying, "I'll find another way."

But it's been a while and I haven't found another way. I also can't talk to Jona again and both Bailey and Aria don't seem to offer any options, not even to change my mind.

Is there another way out of this?

Look on your map for a dude named Sayn

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Aphrodite posted:

I don't mean to choose it (Fortification is useless to my Infilitrator), I just mean unlocking them.

Is it just through dialogue by going through the story now?

There may be some hidden loyalty meter with each person, my Shepard was in a relationship with Liara through the first two games, and I got Warp Ammo right away in like one or two conversations. I did get Fortification also, seems that Vega is pretty amicable. As a side note to that, did you do the fight with him in the shuttle bay? I imagine if you hit most of the interrupts in that it impresses him enough to like you almost immediately.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
So I just got confirmation on a bit of speculation from the Shadow Broker DLC from ME2 the bartender from Ilium is actually her father

And we had a very interesting chat. :allears:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Holy god drat Joker and Garrus telling racist jokes :tviv:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Utnayan posted:

Super happy with this game so far. I was really worried after the release of DA2 and TOR. Great atmosphere again and as long as everything retains this level of excitement and depth it's a great purchase.

All of the detail poured into this game is incredible and really puts to bed the complaints of ME2 not feeling important and not carrying enough stuff over outside of emails.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Beefstew posted:

Are heavy weapons making a comeback at all? I haven't seen any.

They seem to be mission based. I got the flamenwerfer on a mission with Rachni, but only for that mission I also got a blackstar thing? On Tuchanka on the Turian extraction mission. I think I was supposed to kill a Harvester with it, but I just Incinerated the gently caress out of it and then found the weapon after it was dead :shepface:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
The issue with faces not importing properly, as the guy with the robot dog avatar who works for Bioware said, is that ME1 didn't use the face code system, so if you imported from 1 to 2, there isn't any information that ME3 can read. He was quite apologetic about it and at the time said he wasn't sure how they could fix it. To be honest I wouldn't expect a timely patch for this, if you rabble rouse enough they might make it a priority, but I honestly wouldn't expect anything for months.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I just shot Udina Game of The Decade

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Yeah, Conrad, you helped. Game of the loving Century

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Welp I just talked Balak from Bring Down the Sky into commanding the Batarian fleet to help us. Also the Leviathan of Dis was mentioned, for you wierdos that never shut up about that.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Birudojin posted:

stuff

Hey man, would you mind dropping some insight on how Bonus Powers are doled out? I got Fortification from Vega early in the game, and I just now got Carnage from him, too (without loving him, in case anyone was wondering :v: )

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

LazyDivey posted:

drat this game. I teared up when Mordin died :cry: I loved that Salarian

I literally said "Oh god please don't sing" :smith:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
So I just went to an Ardot Yakshi monastery I really wish there had been an option to nuke the place without landing because :stonk:

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

MisterBibs posted:

How does one quickly kill the Cerberus Soldiers Carrying Shields without a biotic lift ability?

Related, is anyone else finding the combat in the game a significantly more difficult? I'm dying a lot more as a Soldier than I have in either game, and not in a "Oh, I should have done X or Y instead" way.

Mail Slot. To clarify, there is a small opening near the top of their shields you can shoot through. Alternately, you can put piercing mods on your gun of choice.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Ahahahaha Ashley is all hungover from some booze Vega gave her what a great exchange. Game of the Millenium!

edit: And now Adams and Donelly are debating... something :psypop:

Nucular Carmul fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 7, 2012

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

FairGame posted:

So...carrying 1 weapon (a shotgun) is precisely the wrong thing against them. Great.

You can roll with EDI and make her blow up turrets for you.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
For quests, especially on the Citadel, just look at your map, all NPCs and notable objects are listed. The "Talk to everyone" convention of old school RPGing applies here. If you can talk to them they probably have a quest or the next step of your quest.

Perhaps this should be bolded and :siren:ed in the OP, and maybe throw up a few billboards, carve it into the moon maybe?

It's kinda funny to hear some of this, a lot of times people whine about too much hand holding in games these days, and now we've got people (not necessarily the same people I know, but still) whining that this game isn't holding their hand enough.

edit: heh Cortez just said Vega loves "grizzly bears" and Vega was totally clueless. But I got it, Cortez. I got it :nyd:

Loving Life Partner posted:

Also what the hell is up with that charred body in the AI room? Is it the girl from Mars? I mean it looks like her, but we're just leaving this corpse lay around? Also the music in that room is creepy.
Oh you naive young thing. You don't know, do you? It gets creepier. You ain't seen poo poo.

Nucular Carmul fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 7, 2012

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

SolarFire2 posted:

I laughed my rear end off at the fact that there's a VI for sale for the sole purpose of keeping your fish alive.

And then of course I bought it, extortionist prices be damned! Shepard's lovenasium cant be full of dead fish.

I've probably spent at least 100k credits on the aquarium and the model ships. There's an eel that costs 10k by itself. I have a veritable ecosystem in that drat tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
/\/\ I am a little over 24 hours in and I am not sure how much I have to go, but I have to appease one more race it looks like, plus whatever final stuff. Just as a ballpark estimate I would guess there's five to six hours left at least. Depends on how much I decide to tie up sidequests, I expect.

Coughing Hobo posted:

The (geth mission spoiler)virtual reality mission to shut down the server felt like I was fulfilling the description of the illegal Shepard VI from ME2. I delete data like you on the way to real errors :black101:

As I did that mission I was loving praying they would reference that. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that.

• Locked thread