Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Disargeria posted:

Why is the journal and mail system SO BAD?

If I've forgotten the context of the original conversation, some of the journal missions are impossible to figure out. They also don't update to the current situation and are incredibly vague. Some missions will tell you where to go but others won't. It's like there were 5 different people working on it, and they were all back in the 90's in the day where you bought strategy guides just to be able to complete games because of obscure info.

Yeah it sucks, you pretty much have to go to the galaxy map and see if the galaxy the thing mentions is 100% or go to every part of the citadel and look at the map in each one. Anyone showing up by name is probably part of a quest that you've got the parts for.

I just got a research project that either gives me an extra 5% weapon damage or an extra 5% ammo capacity for my thermal clips. Does that increase how much ammo I can carry total or the ammo in each clip? Cause if it'll make my disciple go from 4 shots per load to 5 I'll go for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

But you can switch maps on the citadel? It has buttons on both sides to flip between the maps of all floors?

Motherfucker.

Usually I laugh at people who miss possibly obvious stuff like this. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ok so I'm right at the end, got the choice to make and I can totally see why people are pissed if this plays out like it seems like it will. What should I do? I had the last paragon/renegade option greyed out for the Illusive Man so I shot him with the interrupt before he could kill Anderson. Now I'm standing at the point where you have to make the decision, I had to go do something so I just left it with the autosave there. I have all 3 available to me and had a strength rating of like 6000. Are any of the endings going to satisfy if I just want Shepherd to have a party with most of the crew? Might just go with the destroy ending if that's really the only way Shepherd doesn't die, shame about the Geth though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I thought that might be the case. Jeez, it doesn't invalidate the awesome time I've had with all 3 games but drat.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

See you in the other thread for some emotional support. :lol:

Meh it was pretty bad but bitching about it won't really help. I'll just ignore it and pretend that right before the approach to Earth is where it ends and it's all decided by your fleet strength. That is the cutoff point for any future playthrough anyway.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

LibbyM posted:

Wait, is there a way to not have this happen? Kelly was alive on my file, but after the cerberus raid on the citadel, I overheard refugee's talking about her dying.

Apparently you can get her to change her name if you meet her on the citadel, then she doesn't die.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Do you get a bonus for beating the game? I remember in ME1 you get something for pretty much every achievement in subsequent playthroughs and in ME2 you got an experience bonus for beating the game.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Davincie posted:

Quick question, what happens if you don't renegade interrupt Gerrel? Dude is a dick but I don't want to screw up my paragon run.

Is he the Quarrian admiral? I think my Shepherd just sort of went "Ah whatever gently caress it" and walked away when I didn't take the interrupt.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Red Mundus posted:

I wonder if the ending is worse than The Matrix: Path of Neo? THAT game had one hell of a lovely ending.

Isn't that the one where you fight a giant agent Smith made up of all the tiny agent Smiths with a giant pair of sunglasses he takes off a billboard? Then all the people in Zion celebrate your success by singing "We Will Rock You"? Yeah the ME3 ending is worse than that because that was amazing and ME3s ending wasn't. Seriously it's like they looked at the famously hated Fallout 3, Borderlands or Fable 2/3 endings and said "we can do this way worse".

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Harlock posted:

What's the easiest class to beat ME2 Insanity on? It's the last achievement I need for that game.

I found engineer pretty easy, enemies sure do like ignoring you and your squad to attack your drones and you get anti shield and armour powers. I did every side mission and never really had too much trouble.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

Just finished the game. One question:

Is there any way to get the final Paragon/Renegade choice in the Illusive Man conversation in the first run? Even after importing a character and getting the reputation bar to what I thought was max, both options were grayed out.

Apparently you have to make some certain decisions in 2 and explore all of that characters dialogue in every instance you talk with him in 3 making sure to take every paragon or renegade option that comes up.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is it actually possible to get to level 60 in a playthrough? I imported a pretty comprehensive Shepherd at 30 with nearly everything done in ME1 and 2 (never bought Pinnacle Station but I doubt that means poo poo) and maxed out at 56. I think I did every sidequest as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

When does the game check your Effective War Asset number? Is it when you choose the final mission, or during it, or what?

I imagine it's after you finish the assault the Cerberus base missionbecause you get a war asset in that mission.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

I would have loved having Jack back as a squad member, so i could have rolled with my Liara/Jack/Vanguard biotic girl squad again. :c00l:

Again? When could you have Jack and Liara in the same squad before?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Lair of the Shadow Broker!

Thought that was just you and Liara the whole time. Man that DLC will feel brand new when I replay it judging by how well I remember it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I know it's going to be a massive ballache but if I want to get the insanity achievement in ME1 what class should I play as and should I start at 1 or import an already completed the game once Shepherd? Think I have an Engineer at 50 and a vanguard at 56. If I imported that would get me the level 60 achievement as well so I suppose that's probably the best way to go.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Aristobulus posted:

If it helps, apparently you only need to blame the lead writer, Mac Walters. He apparently wrote the beginning, dream sequences, Kai Leng, and the ending. He also apparently completely cut off the rest of the writing team from having any input on the ending and did it all himself.

Jesus did they lock him in the Overlook hotel while he was writing or something?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

War Pig posted:

So I just finished Thessia and got the assignment to seek out Cerberus/Kai Leng on Sanctum or some sort of refugee colony. About how far am I through the main quest? I have only one active sidequest right now and I'm worried that the game is going to end when I still want much more out of it.

I'm going to say about 85% of the way through. You're pretty near the point of no return.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They should have let you shoot Kai Leng out of hand without even breaking your stride like the sword twirling guy in Indiana Jones.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Just finished the Rannoch missions. I felt like I made the most agreeable decisions, given the circumstances. I let Legion upload the Reaper code and warned the Fleet - somehow that was the Renegade option? I lost Legion in the process but it seemed like there was no way to simultaneously save him and not lose the Quarian Fleet. What happens if Tali is dead in ME2? Do you just not go to Rannoch at all?

I think Legion always dies, if you don't resolve the standoff he goes to strangle you and Tali stabs him in the back with that boot knife she's always had but never used. If Tali is dead then you don't get any squadmate to replace her but her place in that set of missions is replaced by a stand in who might as well be called Tali B.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

skoolmunkee posted:

Pretty sure the turian c-sec guy had a thing for the human gal in the refugee bay though.

I don't think that was a romance thing, more a professional cop looking out for a new kid in a big city who hasn't realised her parents are probably dead yet.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's so accurate! :swoon:

Dumb question that occurred to me while on the shitter. The Reapers have a hell of a lot of ground forces, but seem to create them from the races they are purging. This means that the shock troops from the previous Reaper invasion must have been left behind when they returned to dark space.

What happened to all the left over indoctrinated creatures? :confused: Surely if they "died" then archaeologists would have discovered the remains or something.

I assumed they got mulched for food or fuel or that when the reapers leave they disintegrate everything they used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So if I want to play the whole Mass Effect trilogy with all the DLC in the future on my new super awesome PC I have to buy them on Origin right? Then get the DLC off the Bioware site that I remember people griping about a couple years ago since I can't see it anywhere on Origin? Why can't they just put it all on Steam like big boys.

• Locked thread