Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Davincie posted:

So what is the sniper rifle to save for? I noticed a really expensive one on the citadel and I want to focus all my upgrading on one of them so I can save money.

That one (the Black Widow) is pretty good. It's slightly less powerful than the Mantis and Widow, but it has a 3 shot clip so it can easily outpace them in damage. You might prefer the Widows if you are an Infiltrator as your massive damage bonus only gets applied to the first shot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

RickDaedalus posted:

Edit: If you do piss off reapers while scanning. Do a mission and then the reaper alertness will reset. If you found something while searching but, didn't get a chance to collect it, it will still be marked on the map. A good strategy is to scan every spot in a system quickly and then leave before the reapers get you. Do a mission and then come back to collect since they don't disappear. Saves time and makes scanning a lot easier.

Even if they are pissed off at you, you have more than enough time to enter a sytem, scan a few times or grab a marked item, and then leave the system. You can just do this repeatedly to clear out every system the first time you go there.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Rated PG-34 posted:

Welp, finally inserted the giant space penis into the giant space vagina and beat the game. Is it possible to pick all the paragon options at the ending in the final scene? I think after the third one or so, it was greyed out for me.

Yes, I did all paragon there. I'm not sure what exactly unlocks that option though.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of expenses, is there a maximum number of credits you can possibly get in the game? I remember in ME2 there was a limited number, and it was possible to run out and not be able to purchase everything.

Yes, there is a limited number of credits in this one. Try not to buy more than one of the Spectre weapons or all of those 50K armors and you should be fine to buy/upgrade whatever you want.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

CVagts posted:

Powers remain. Although I thought guns went up to X in a new game+.

You have to reacquire the gun to take it up to X I think. Until then it is capped at VII.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

Where the heck is Dekunna?

Do I need to talk to the Asari councilor first?

It's in the Silean Nebula which doesn't fully open up until you finish the Quarian/Geth part of the story I think.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

I looked for Dekunna for an hour yesterday for a side mission. Ends up it's the Phontes System inside Silean Nebula Cluster.

Turns out after I found it I discovered I had already accomplished the requirements for the side mission at some point without even knowing.

Yeah, this exact thing happened to me and I wasted 15 minutes looking for something I already had. How was I supposed to know that you can't finish a quest as soon as you accept it unless you leave the area and come back.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Primetime posted:

I'm not sure whether I ran into a glitch or not. Barla Von gave me a sidequest that I was supposed to do on Tuchanka. I 100% the Krogan DMZ, and when I returned to the citadel it was, of course, attacked. Now the quest never left my journal, and I can't do anything on Tuchanka, and Barla Von is no longer at the bank. The map still says he's hanging around the bank, but he's nowhere to be found.

It's not a glitch (well maybe him still showing on the map is), you just can't finish that sidequest now. You were supposed to scan a planet in the Krogan DMZ and find a Shadow Broker Squad and then go back to see him before doing Tuchanka.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Illegal Username posted:

Where the butt is the Volus homeworld? I'm supposed to find a book from there, but there's no such planet as Irune in the galaxy :argh:

It's in the Aethon Cluster so just wait for it to open up.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Wow, I got through most of insanity without a hitch as an Engineer, but (near-end spoiler)this Marauder is giving me so much trouble. I've died a dozen times on this thing now.

Edit - And now I beat it. The key was not using the left trigger.

evilalien fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 19, 2012

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

tadashi posted:

I have a question about the Rannoch missions:

I thought I could come back to the admiral debate after I took down the Geth Fighter Squadrons (There is a question about keeping the patrol fleet with the civilian fleet or not). It turns out I was wrong and they weren't debating when I came back after doing a retrieval side quest. It doesn't seem like that had any effect on the Rannoch outcome. Is that just something for rep points?

Yeah, it's just rep points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Andrast posted:

It really isn't that hard. I played my first game with an engineer on insanity and, aside from a few spots, it was far too easy for me.

Same, I did an engineer on insanity on a ME2 import and it was definitely easier than my insanity runs in ME2 (except for the very last enemy).

• Locked thread