Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Haruharuharuko posted:

You mean the smuggler at the docks who says something like "He walked up to him they acted like they knew each other. then shot him." You can chalk it up to game logic but doesn't shep see Saren on Eden Prime at one point its been a while but I seem to remember that.

Nope. Saren's long gone by the time Shep reaches the beacon. Also, it wasn't a smuggler, just a lazy dock-worker who was taking a nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If it's the fight I'm thinking of I remember hearing something about heavy weapons in the surrounding storefronts.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Flipswitch posted:

So what do Goons think of the sound effects in this game? I think my favourite is the fog horns the Reapers use, nearly blew out my eardrums I had it so loud last time I played.

Ever since Terminator: Salvation insisted on punctuating just about every single action scene with noises like that I can't stop thinking of those generic mechanical noises as robot farts.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Banjodark posted:

one of my friends did. Felt immediately dirty when I told him who jessica chobot was.

Her new husband, fellow G4 correspondent Blair Herter, also threatened to find and physically assault anyone who romances her in the game. I believed him.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Doc Dee posted:

Finally got around to finishing SP to see the ending.

People complain too much.

And then you think about it for five minutes and next thing you know you're right back here complaining as loudly as anyone.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RentACop posted:

The invisible cockpit paralysis trap is why I never talk to joker anymore

That one's easy to avoid. The trap is, I think, the slanted bit of deck just behind Joker. When it dumps you out of the conversation, I think it sticks you partly into the deck so you can't move. The solution is just to walk right up next to Joker's chair instead of standing behind him. After I started doing that I never had the problem again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Urdnot Fire posted:

I hope you do have to buy each ending individually, oh the fan reaction.

Personally, I think it would be cool if they released extra missions (like re-taking Omega or exploring another Collector ship) that gave you resources that end up giving you another ending option. For every DLC you bought, you'd have another ending to choose from. Not sure how they'd implement it, but it would be neat...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Capsaicin posted:

Just started, so I'm pretty much going to have to play multiplayer to get the "real" ending? :\

Not really, no. Pretty sure you can get the best ending just doing single-player.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GruntyThrst posted:

The ME3 ending is literally Colonel Sanders from Matrix Reloaded, and that's terrible.

Not really. That was an interesting idea executed poorly. The idea of turning the whole setting on its head like that could have been cool if it hadn't been delivered by two people arguing in a room. It's also thematically consistent, since The Matrix is about choice/control/determinism etc. The ending of Mass Effect 3 is none of those things.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm not sure it will be worse. Signs right now are pointing to a couple of head writers getting swollen heads and appropriating the ending for themselves. If the outcry really does force a re-write, there will probably be more corporate oversight and quality control from both Bioware and EA and, God help me, that might actually be a good thing in this case.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Just did this bit, and it was incredibly badass and satisfying, I can't help but wonder though what happens if you don't do it in time, or miss it deliberately? I assume EDI or your other teammate just shoots him or something, but I don't know.

Nope, you wait with a knowing little smirk on your face until he tries to stab you, then you dodge and cyber-shiv him.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You have to buy new fish in Mass Effect 3, anyways. I guess the ones you had were contraband Cerberus fish, so they had to be detained and questioned.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Crows Turn Off posted:

You can buy more fish, though, even a bad-rear end jellyfish from the Hanar homeworld.

That was a baby hanar, you kidnapping, racist son of a bitch!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ambiguatron posted:

If Bioware intends for us to pick up immediately after that drawn in breath teaser, it's a major dick move on their part to dump me back at the beginning of the two hour long endgame with limited save points. Also it does nothing for Kelly.

Well, they would be dumping you at the end of a two hour long slog with limited save points. You'd be waking up pretty much right after you got blasted by Harbinger. Also, they could implement an endgame that involved re-taking the Citadel and rescuing all the people you helped previously, so it could do something for Kelly. She could have her Ellen Ripley moment and finally face her fears and come out stronger on the other side.

Not that they'll do any of that, of course...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

After beating the game, you can select "restart mission" and it'll drop you out right before the charge to the beam. At least, that's the way I remember it happening for me.

I keep doing it and the ending keeps not changing...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Where does origin put the ME3 OST? I want to add it to my ipod, but I can't find it.

I had to go to the Bioware site, log into my EA account, go to my unlocked content section, download the soundtrack, then convert it from WAV to MP3 before I could get it on my iPhone.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

I enjoyed how Vega and Cortez's argument on the Mako was basically a copy/paste from any thread that ever mentioned it.

You just know they're goons. You should check out Vega's posts in the "Before and After" thread in Watch and Weight.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

NihilCredo posted:

The only Cerberus project ever that didn't turn against them was... Kai Leng. :shepface:

He ate the Illusive Man's cereal. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just don't ever talk to Joker while standing on the slanted floor directly behind him or it'll dump you into the floor after the conversation ends.

• Locked thread