Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
This is a pretty good and funny series of articles on pick up basketball

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2010/06/pickup-diaries-part-1-fat-to-fit.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

I'm 6'2" and just started seriously working out and trying to eat okay about 3 months ago, went from 205lbs to 185. I'm going to try and dedicate the summer to making a serious attempt at dunking a ball.

I can grab a 10' rim fairly easy and can dunk fine on 9' but absolutely no hope in getting a ball over a 10' rim it seems.

My basketballs skills are a strange strange mix of average at everything, I had most of my height really early on and my uncle was my YMCA coach and always had me playing under the rim and actually learned a decent amount of post stuff. But as I got older and kept playing, kids caught up to me so 6'2" wasn't that great and I had to start learning how to dribble, face people up, jump shooting and so on. Just never got great at anything, I spend most of my pickup games under the basket collecting the trash.

streetlamp fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 11, 2012

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Try aiming at the back of the rim

e: /\ beat

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Yaphet posted:

What are your guys' opinions on people screaming/yelling/clapping at someone while they take a jumpshot? I think that poo poo is annoying as hell...

I've probably yelled at a few people taking a jump shot but if your doing it constantly its just annoying and immature.

• Locked thread