Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
What's happening is that you're killing your reaction speed. Taking a second to think about your next move is always going to take way longer than just reacting, which is probably what everyone else on the floor is doing.

Count your makes and misses when you're practicing or shooting around. Figure out where you can be most consistent from the floor. In a game, focus on whether or not you're taking good shots. Don't shoot too much and don't shoot every time you touch the ball but don't stop shooting just because you missed a shot either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

havelock posted:

Especially when the ball dominating guys who play get super pissed when you miss after they finally decide to pass on the 5th time down the court.

Can you find guys to play with that aren't assholes? That would probably help a lot too.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

stephelopholus posted:

I find it beneath myself to even talk to this guy since I am substantially above his talent level, in addition to being 6 years older than him (He is 22). I don't talk trash ever, but If someone is getting on my nerves I will stare him down after scoring on him.

Shame him. At first, whenever he shoots yell, "REBOUND! REBOUND!" Then eventually whenever he releases just yell, "BRICK!" and run for the board. This will really, really piss him off but he probably won't say anything until after he misses like ten shots and by then most people will be laughing at him and maybe doing the same thing. If you play with any of your friends have them do the same thing.

• Locked thread