Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Played some 5v5 fullcourt the other day. The entire other team all camped 3 point lines. They'd even inbound it full court to a half open guy on the 3pt line who chucks it immediately. They did this for 3 straight 13 point games. It was the least fun I've ever had playing pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Anybody have tips on how to not airball constantly? I use my legs, I practice and use proper form, but im all right on the money.... except its short. Is it just a case of practicing more?

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
So I was playing a friendly game of pick up yesterday. It was 5v5, a few little guys were playing, they were like 12. I don't mind, it was super hot and everyone was dicking around having fun.

Now, there's this kid who comes up there everyday. His name is Cam, and he's a douche. He's top 100 in the state, blah blah blah. He's seriously a dick. He brings his 3 man posse with him and decides he wants to play us. Cool, it was getting stale playing with same people.

Now, we normally shoot for teams, just to shake things up. Not Cam. He has to have his posse of friends who are dedicated Cam passers who either cherry pick or ONLY pass to Cam. The worst kind of players.

The game starts and he gets the ball. He runs and dunks it over a freaking 12 year old half his size and knocks him over. Whatever, accident, right? Nope. He then steals the ball from the same kid next position and has his friend oop it of the backboard. Everyone is just watching him be a dick and drive and dunk/layup every shot at full pace like this is some tournament or something. He scores 15 of their 15 and they win 15-8.

We run same teams again. He does the same poo poo again, and it's really unfun. He's starting to do showoff poo poo like failing miserably on 360 dunks. Seriously doesn't even get close but tried it twice. So I made it my goal to piss him off. I started to wrap him up when he went for layups, I'd smother the poo poo out of him on defense. I'm bigger, I'm stronger, but he's 100x the player I am.

The whole reason I'm rambling is because of this one moment: He decided to try and shoot over me but I read his pump fakes like a champ and blocked the ever loving poo poo out of him. I mean, I destroyed that loving ball. He got so pissed that the next time he was driving, he led with his knee and he kneed me right in the chest. I don't call fouls so I just let it go. He looks at me and says "block that" and does some stupid flex your biceps move or something. I don't know what the gently caress. They end up winning 15-6 and he packs up his poo poo and leaves after chestbumping his friends.

If only he wasn't 17. Why do people have to be such unfun pieces of poo poo? It's a goddamn pickupgame with middle schoolers in it.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

BIZORT posted:

A pickup game is supposed to be fun. Stop slapping people. If you get beat, just let it go and play for the next point. The most annoying guy in a pickup game is the one that tries way too hard and ends up slapping everyone

THANK YOU. Jesus christ when will people realize pickup games aren't loving game 7s of nba finals. Have fun. Let other people have fun. I've seen people break bones from hard fouls. And they weren't accidental contact either.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
So after panicking on jumpshots, bricking the poo poo out of them any other time, I've finally decided to not be a little bitch and play in the post. Makes sense, considering im 6'3 215 but im kind of a little bitch when it comes to offence for the most part. I was killing people in there. Sure I had a few ill advised shots that were blocked so hard I wanted to cry, but for the most part I felt comfortable. And I actually got the ball.

It was a very fun day I must say.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

RCarr posted:

I ended up on the poo poo squad. gently caress. FUUUUUUCK. I don't even know why these people show up to play.

To have fun and not get poo poo on for not setting screens and cutting? Not everyone is as diehard as yourself. It irks me too but you gotta realize those guys probably AREN'T good enough to do these things. Hell, I've played with people who didn't know how to layup the ball. So I told them to not try it and just do what they could.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Witnessed my friend blow his ACL out today in a lazy game with coworkers. It really made me reconsider how I move and to have better body control and actually take care of myself out there. It was horrific.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
I was diagnosed with tendonitis in both achilles, plantar fasciitis in both feet, and bone spurs on my left ankle. I'm 21 and while I stand all day on the job, I've only been working for almost 4 years of my life. I'm getting night splints and have to ice my feet every time I'm standing for more than an hour. They said I may need to get my tendons loosened by surgery

Bye bye basketball for the year. Had a fall league set up and everything, too.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Hand of the King posted:

While we're on the talks of injuries from playing such tough pick-up games, here's my story: I've been dealing with plantar fasciitis for a few months now. Last week of July was when I finally gave in and stopped playing due to the pain (so stupid of me to keep going), and it's been a couple of weeks, and I feel better. The pain isn't debilitating in the morning anymore, and the new insoles and penetrex have been proving to be useful. However, the recovery seems to be still a slow process. I just ordered some night splints so hopefully, these will expedite the healing process a little. I'm still taking at least the rest of August off, but I wanted to get some people's insights on what their experiences have been with dealing with the injury, the treatment, and recovery.

Sup fellow plantar faciitis buddy :smith: :hf: :smith:. I purchased the night splints not too long ago and so far the pain in the morning is gone, whereas it was pretty bad before hand. The pain still comes back, albeit not as bad, by the end of the day but it helps for the most part. Pretty much for now my doctor tells me to ice the poo poo out of it, use my splints, and take NSAIDs and hopefully I won't have to get surgery.

You mentioned Penetrex, do you recommend it?

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Hand of the King posted:

Hey there. It seems to help. Besides the great reviews on Amazon, Penetrex says it doesn't just mask out the pain. It's not supposed to just be a pain reliever, but it aids in the healing process by reducing inflammation. People seem to swear by it, and I've definitely noticed a difference.

For some dumb reason I haven't tried icing my feet. I should get on it.

Are you still playing, or have you been sitting out?

I've retired for the rest of summer/fall. I could probably still play but limping around after 2 hours of basketball isn't usually too fun haha. I played on it all summer though. I was really stupid and it probably made it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

mynameisjohn posted:

i went to vegas this weekend and walked the length of the strip like 4 times back and forth (8 miles) and the bottom of my right arch is just killing me to the extent that it hurts to walk let alone ball. I really hope this doesn't keep me out for too long but it sounds kinda like plantar fascitis.

What's up faccitis bro. I got it in both feet along with Achilles tendinitis in both ankles. Invest in night braces. I got mine at a local drugstore for 50 each. They work wonders

• Locked thread