Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What are your guys rules for moving offensive players out of the lane as defense. I push them with a non extended arm. This ends up pissing some people off. But am I supposed to just let them stand in the lane?

Edit

To be clearer, I am not saying they have established position and I come out of nowhere and push them. I mean when fighting for position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If he already has position you cant push.

But it gets hard if he is still pushing you closer to the basket. I don't know. Some guys like to fight and don't care and some guys get real pissy and call fouls.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sneaky move: when a shot goes up and you are boxing out hook your elbow around the inside of a guys arm so he cant raise his arm or jump.

Another one: if you are guarding a guy but looking at the ball handler, grab your guardees pants so if he moves you know.

Act innocent if he complains.

Also: pump fakes are devastating on interior shots. It is so hard for people not to bite.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If by intense D you mean fouling on every play, yeah people dont like that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When my friend and me ran PNR once it worked but all the kids laughed us and called us old white men and then didn't let us play anymore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No, outside shooting is disproportionally better than normal basketball because of the rules.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are playing full court run fat guys into the ground. Just keep running.

Even if half court this works ok. Aerobic fitness can make a huge difference.

Stand behind the 3 point line and then crash the boards when the shot goes up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In January 2011 I rolled my ankle and it hurt for 6 months. I couldn't walk for a week. It sucked. I did not play basketball for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After I rolled my ankle (the first time) the pain was outrageous and it takes forever to heal. Then I watch the NBA and you see NBA players miss like a quarter or one game with a sprained ankle. What the christ. Those guys in the NBA are insane (and they have great trainers.)

Then there is Spencer Hawes who has missed most of the season.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 13, 2012

• Locked thread