Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Do people call over the back in pickup games? I haven't played pickup in a few years, since I moved away from the college town, and I have been scarred by one rear end in a top hat going over the back on me every rebound. I am talking one hand on my back using me as a springboard type over the back, not just once in a while, focused on the ball, type poo poo. I never called it because half the time I got the rebound and the other half it was a toss up between whether he got it or I tipped it to a teammate, but one guy we played with was like "You need to call the over the back man" and I never had before, and haven't heard a rule/etiquette one way or the other on it.

Also, just got a pass to the YMCA, ready to ball it up with some old white dudes Saturday morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

rscott posted:

I wear a sweatband because if I don't sweat gets in my eyes! I should really get some goggles too, my glasses are getting hosed up from being knocked off by hands and I can't see a drat thing otherwise.

Contacts man, got to get contacts. Best purchase I made.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Guys, I need some help. I play post with the pickup group I play with because I am 6' which is close to the tallest and I'm 200 lbs from weight lifting (not just eating Cheetoes and drink Mountain Dew), and I have a terrible, god awful, ugly outside shot from anything farther than six feet. I have a pretty good pump fake that I use to get my guy off his feet and then pivot to get an easy layup, but I have a really bad problem with traveling. I don't even know I am doing it, but I get called for it a couple times every game. Is there some big man travel move that I don't know about but am doing? I've asked the people I'm playing with and all I get is a "You traveled dude, how do you not see that" or "Stop shuffling your feet" or something like that but I don't do it on purpose or know I am doing it, so it's pretty worthless.

Edit - mrpurplecat, I play in the NW burbs (Park Ridge) if you are interested in joining us for outdoor games (weather permitting).

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 2, 2012

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This week must have been the week for elbows. I was playing some two on two with my friend and two other people and one of the guys on the other team was playing out of control and kept running face first into elbows. If I went up for a rebound and came down with my elbows out, this guy would reach/run from behind to try and steal it and get an elbow in the face. Dribbling and using my other hand to clear room, run into an elbow. I wasn't throwing them into him, dude just would not slow down. I think I'm going to invest in a mouthguard; I had braces 15 years ago and don't have dental insurance.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

HooverDam posted:

My new office has a basketball court in the building but its 3/4 size. I've never played on a 3/4 court before, I'm excited to be less winded, but I he whoever plays in the office isn't doing 5 on 5 games, that seems crowded and awful. I imagine anything more than 3 v 3 would be a mess.

I've played on 3/4 before, 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 is perfect. 5 v 5 is too crowded, but when I played there were 12-15 people that would show up so it almost always ended up being 5v5 with guys rotating in/out after each game.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Some of you guys have the most pants on head stupid rules in your games. When is a travel not a travel? loving never, that's when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I am excited to read the follow up on that game.

• Locked thread