Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
State: Rhode Island (and environs)
Riding: Usually commuting, long riding/camping vacations, weekend "drop-o-ramas"
Bike: for dirt - Honda XL600V Transalp or CT90 for putting around.
Terrain: Whatever comes next whether I like it or not. I don't really do totally "dirt" unless I get dragged into certain situations. I don't mind anything except deep sand and large babyheads - and that's usually because I'm on a fully loaded "big" bike trying to get somewhere.

Anyway, if any of you are around CT/RI/MA today starts the first Pachaug Camp-n-Ride of the year at Mt Misery Campground near Voluntown, CT. Pachaug has a crazy enduro loop (that I've only done a couple sections of on my TA) along with nice dirt forest roads and rural paved roads. We like to camp so it's a great opportunity to hang out with a bunch of welcoming people and ride whatever ride you want (as long as it's legal).

A map of the enduro loop for anyone interested http://www.blackibags.com/serve/pachaug_enduro,_edited.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Deeters posted:

Yeah. I'm relatively sure the only other places in CT are either motocross tracks or only open for enduro events, and I don't really have a bike for either. I don't mind traveling out of state to find some good trail riding

If your bike is registered (i.e.: street legal and current, it's hard to tell from your post) you can ride Pachaug in CT.

http://www.blackibags.com/serve/pachaug_enduro,_edited.pdf

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
That's awesome, we were riding out in Plymouth a couple days earlier (Thanksgiving) and I'm sure were on some of the same roads. Some of that stuff is rough for my big heavy TA

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

VTNewb posted:

You should have! Where do you live?

Another shot:

Hey, that's my friend Thaddeus's pic. Weird seeing it on SA

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

VTNewb posted:

Awesome! It's posted on the race thread on NEDirtBikes.

Cool, if you guys have any plated bikes you should seriously consider coming to a Pachaug Camp-n-Ride. The next one is our Halloween fun time in a few weeks.

All the info can be found here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=920538

Everyone's welcome and we're not some sort of cliquey clique - in no time you'll be friends with everyone (especially if you can bring some Heady Topper or Hill Farmstead with you).

If you've never tried the Pachaug enduro loop doing it with these guys is the best intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

VTNewb posted:

Now I'll be riding two forty minute motors of woods and Moto at Wareham mx in Mass Sunday. Never moto'd before, but this race series is all off road, so all the other guys'll be in the same boat.

Can you provide any details on this? I know where the track is in Wareham (assuming it's Atwoods) but is this something we can spectate? We may be interested in coming over and taking a look.

EDIT: never mind, I found it on the PSTR website - looks good. We may show up...

cheesebot fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 18, 2014