Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
What really impresses me is that the average backer contribution is almost $57 per at this point. I think Double Fine's ended up around the high 30's, but it was impressive to watch it crawl up from the 20's.

Never played the original Wasteland, but I remember the magazine ad of the cover very well. Had I known it was created by some of the same guys that did The Bard's Tale (played the poo poo out of those on my Apple IIc) I'd have tried to acquire it.

Gonna throw my $50 in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

victrix posted:

I wonder if that (and the slower rate of progress) could be attributed to a smaller but much more die hard fanbase

Probably that coupled with the killer reward tiers. Also, not everyone had computers back then compared to the hay-day of Schafer's adventure games (around when everyone and their grandma was figuring out how to use them and the internet was crawling out of the ooze,) so I'd imagine Wasteland's demographic back then to be mostly made up of technologically-savvy teens and young adults. They have money now and they haven't forgotten their favorite gaming memories of a genre passed by in favor of consoles, 3D perspectives and other publisher focuses.

One of my favorite things to do in TBT was to use the import character feature, using random floppies. The garbled data would unlock some insanely leveled characters and rare, powerful items.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Brian Fargo @ Twitter posted:

$1.5 million is achieved! Thank you !! We will now make some Mac and Linux owners happy. Stay tuned for what happens at 2 mil....

:f5:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Thors Bitch! posted:

I've been following this thread for a while now, having seen the goals being reached again and again, my heart swelling with every landmark goal and the warm fuzzy feeling i get from reading every last one of you guy's comments, not to mention every little cheerleading moment of Quarex of course! Its made me fervently hope id see it go even higher with each passing day, a hope that has been fullfilled with gusto.

I played through all the Fallout games, with Fallout 1 being the first one at the tender age of 11.The memories and associations i have with those games (and the other Interplay games too of course!) have been more than enough to make me want to give to this kickstarter, the only trouble being that i am, right now, more or less out of money, having been unemployed for four months until just a few weeks ago..

This is pretty much me exactly, except still unemployed...but I have a job interview Monday! Kicked in 15 hard-earned unemployment bux to preemptively celebrate. :toot:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Naky posted:

Hey look. I've been immortalized in a shirt. Too bad that creepy Axemaniac guy is directly under me always trying to look up my pants or something.

Could be worse, I'm riding Quarex like a pony over here.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Red, to go with the boots.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Already looks amazing. I like the little sign with christmas lights there: "Keep The gently caress OUT!"

Also there's another one of those (gang/faction?) icons on the side of the gas station; it looks like a boat's steering wheel. I never saw it brought up, but it was also on the side of the overturned truck in the last wallpaper that was released along with a few other subtly-placed icons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Or infuse them with all sorts of nasty, caustic stuff. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread