Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Lurdiak posted:

Fallout 3's biggest failing is its aesthetics to me. There's SO MUCH rubble and dirt, far more than any previous fallout game, and there's absolutely no regrowth despite it having been more than 200 years since the bombs fell. It just seems like people would have cleaned up a little bit over time moved some rubble off the roads, etc.

The settlements are super tiny and ramshackle... in general it feels more like the bombs fell 20 years ago rather than 200. I understand they wanted to take the post-apocalypse idea and run with it as far as possible but it kind of negatively impacted the entire feel of the game, if only because it seemed incoherent with how much time had passed and the look of the previous games. It also gets really boring and samey to look at after a while, whereas New Vegas' landscape actually has color and personality and things like that.

This is exactly what broke FO3 for me. I play games more for story than gameplay and when playing that, people even talk like the war was recent. The way some people talk, they act as if it only happened a decade ago. That broke the story in my head and I could no longer enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Someone needs to make a Gamma World game.

• Locked thread