Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Kharmakazy posted:

NOOOOO! The republicans think life begins at erection! You have to have some in character motivation to kill those kids. They must have been secret muslims. They were probably communists...

Nah it's cool. Pro life ends at birth.

On topic, I managed to be too young for this game, the right age for fallout but was too busy with the baldurs gate and Diablo series and wasn't keen on fallout 3. Still three my 15 in because of other games (bg and planescape) Fargo was involved in. Anticipating a month of delays it'll be a nice 29th birthday present for me when it's released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
At 5 million inexile are actually going to set off a dirty bomb in a small desert town creating a genuine (albeit rather small) wasteland experience.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So what's this I hear about the game being passed on to the Bad Rats team unless it hits $3million?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Category Fun! posted:

Brian Fargo speaking, if our kickstarter project gets 4 million dollars then I will detonate a nuclear device in Arizona and make a real Wasteland.

Fixed that for you.

Ps. Talked a fellow goon into donating today. Next weeks job is to convince my wow guild it's a great idea. I only have 15 thrown in myself but that's pretty much my budget this month thanks to missing 2 weeks work for a funeral abroad.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Sweet, at $3.5million we get Bioware on board to write the romances!

sorry. That was mean.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

randombattle posted:

I'm saying Mass Effect 3 had a lovely ending.

The joke is I don't want Wasteland to have a lovely ending. I don't think this is a tough joke to grasp.

The ending will be choosing which of three coloured bras the eventual antagonist wears for your game finishing sex scene. There will be a virtual nipple slip. And a cockroach on her left thigh, to keep things edgy and post apocalyptic.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I think every single one of us should tweet fargo telling him to let Quarex come to the party anyway.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

bloodynose posted:

I'd toss a little bit in. I say we just start a donation pool and the top 30 contributors get the digital copies, and the biggest contributor will get the signed box and whatnot. Everyone else will have to just be happy with helping to get the statue in the game, and consider their donation a little extra tossed Fargo's way on top of the contribution they already have on Kickstarter.

It's not a lot, but I'd PayPal over an extra $10 towards a goonshrine.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Ban Hammer is, quite frankly, non-SA central. I'm sure I remember references to wielding the ban hammer before it's apparent SA origins. I could go for the Maniac's Axe, as a thank you for Axe Maniac's involvement in this, but would probably suggest the SAclopedia for the artifact. A book containing the worst aspects of the pre-apocalyptic world, assumed by many to be a warning to the future.

Or the grenade which does "Something Awful". I think this is better as an artifact than a weapon.

As for the person/weapon/location, The Helldump would be my choice.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

Yeah, I'll add you guys.

Edit: Btw, $45,005 official goon total now.

My 15 became a 30 late on.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

They are all off to the Cayman Islands for, uh... research. :v:

Researching what colour Fargo's Ferrari should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

FRINGE posted:

I swear that things like this were great learning tricks for my young brain. :v Especially since the format allowed you to keep your finger in a page and multi-path and explore "what if, what if" styles. Encouraging reading and teaching that decisions have repercussions?! ...and now its dead. :(

I think this was the first one I had:

All this nostalgia chat finally got me to remember the other one of these that I could not recall for a long time - "Dragon Tales". Every other book switched the gender of the protagonist from the readers PoV. Another good gimmick to throw into kids books.

The white covers had a female character and the black covers had a male character. They were from the same era (give or take) as the Endless Quest books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragontales
http://www.gamebooks.org/dtales.htm

Too bad copyright lasts like a century now for all this decades-out-of-print stuff that will never see the light of day again. :/

The worst thing is that they'd work so well with the kindle. Links rather than page numbers!

• Locked thread