Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

RagingBoner posted:

Also, the donation amount spiked again during the night:

(red finger tells you where to look you dummy)

So apparently word is spreading... again.

Might just be eastern europe waking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This was kind of interesting for a while, but then Obsidian came up and my wallet seemed a bit heavier than usual. :allears:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dixie Flatline posted:

There were alot of dumb things in FO2, like a sentient radscorpion that wears glasses and attacks you when you beat him at chess with advice you get from a talking sentient plant.

I really liked a whole lot of things in Fallout 2, but that plant REALLY felt out of place. I could accept talking deathclaws and a scientist training a radscorpion to be smart seemed SCIENCEy enough, but no. Talking plant was dumb.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's like his dreams are coming true. Wouldn't you be happy, too?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

We're elitist snobs who charge people money for posting. We should charge an entrance fee to our pub and when they are in there, they are required to pay for every little thing and at the end of the day we beat them up, take their stuff and leave them naked in the gutter.

And they thank us for it.

So, a 1950s New York beatnik jazz club? That still sounds derivative to me. The Zybourne Clock Tower sounds much nicer.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Smol posted:

New project update is up.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/205964

No info which tier has the shirt yet though.

$150 and up, according to the list on the right.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I was strictly a guns guy every time I played the first Fallouts, but I might go for an all-melee squad if Toxx Claws make it in.

vvv They reached their goal.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 12, 2012

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cez6vkBc1l0

It's pretty much top-of-the-line tech, but I agree with pyrotek, creating the kinds of assets that show what you can do with this kind of engine takes a lot of resources, one of the MANY reasons why publishers don't like to take as many risks as they did in the past.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

isometric shooters

I thought Fallout 2 was a CRPG :confused:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

doomfunk posted:

It is, but if you really wanted to you could play FO2 in realtime like Crusader or something.

Funny story, when I first played the FOT demo, I tried to find the option for that in both FO1 and 2. It wasn't there. :smith:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The wrong sci-fi genre won. We live in a world of mega corporations who misuse gadgets and the internet to sedate the public, while rebellious hackers try to fight back with cyber-guerilla warfare.

We live in a cyberpunk world. I kind of wish it'd be a Wasteland instead. :science:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

Unreal is 'good' because we liked that one WW2 shooter

Unreal Engine 2.5 was pretty dang amazing, not just for its excellent optimisation or ability to handle huge environments, but for the modularity of it. Anything from simple game rules to a full-on armory could be injected into the game code with incredible ease, and the editor was very easy to use.

Red Orchestra can gently caress right off, though.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The biggest concern in the other thread, really, was not to make it too obvious and stand out from the setting. An NPC named "Quarex", as cool as the guy is, would stand out like a sore thumb.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 18, 2012

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

cullan posted:

I got the Amazon payment attachment to work once I saved the file to my hard drive and opened it manually.

This.

Amazon payment sent, pretty sure I'm the only Icelander to order.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Quarex posted:

I ... I just do not know what to do.

Sorry. :(

I might still pop over to the town over a weekend or three, so who knows.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Quarex posted:

As for Iceland, I cannot possibly recommend going there enough. Though Mr. Iceland up there might have a different opinion. Mr./Ms. Iceland.

All I have to say is, if you wanna go, go for the nature and extreme sports opportunities. Reykjavík is an interesting town for sure (it's also drat ugly), but it's not a town you can get acquainted with just by visiting over the weekend. Iceland's in such a weird part of the world it actually has 3 distinct climates and is volcanically active, so I'd definitely recommend taking a week to drive the main road around the island, just to see the stark contrasts in the mountains and plant life.

RagingBoner posted:

(I just want you international guys to know that this is a learning process for me, but I hope to get everything ironed out soon, and the last international order should go out NO LATER than June 18th. Please be patient with me in the mean time.)

So long as all the info is there, usually the post offices can take care of the rest. If you're not sure if a particular bit of info is supposed to be there or not, just put it on anyway and hope for the best. :v:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The MSJ posted:

I feel sorry for newsreaders everywhere any time anything interesting happen in a place like Iceland.

Crosscontaminant posted:

I don't see what the problem is, I can pronounce Eyjafjallajökull just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRnnJ45sCIw

In any case, the post offices here are used to dealing with missing letters, they know to send (the completely arbitrary example being) *safj*r*ur to Ísafjörður.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Convex posted:

I was just thinking this. Perhaps Wasteland 2 will be Origin only :(

It won't. This has been multiply confirmed. Read the material provided.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Beefeater1980 posted:

Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Boo will miss you.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

I would hope they had sense enough to test whatever they were doing on something they don't mind being ruined first. But honestly you don't really need a "proper" acid and base. It's just a matter of testing, and altering dilution and duration.

This applies equally to the off the shelf products. You don't want to trust it to do what you want without some testing first... not with something you are going to be pissed off about if you ruin it.

:science:post if there ever was one and I love it. Almost as much as I'm loving that Mark Morgan track.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I got the shirts and I love em

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It was mentioned that this is an artifact and not an in-game item. What does that mean?

You can find it. Finding it might be difficult. You can look at it, but you can't use it. You might be able to sell it, though.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Will there be a switch to turn the frequency of goat screams down? I don't mind them screaming, I just don't want them doing it all the time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Furism posted:

In France anyway you can choose between debit and credit card - by default you get debit, true, but personally I had to switch to credit since I travel a lot and get my expenses done only at the end of the month. I assume it's because in countries besides the US and UK you don't usually spend what you don't already have, it's much less debt-driven than the Anglo-Saxon countries - cultural differences I guess.

I didn't realize KS was a problem if you had a debit card, that's kind of stupid. Can't you just pre-approve a debit and actually charge it later?

If you're old enough for a credit card, you're old enough for a pre-paid credit card. They don't drive you into debt, but they don't carry interest, either.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Brother None posted:

Josh already mentioned Brian Menze as an underrated genius behind these, but I feel like another oft-forgotten name worth mentioning is Charles Deenen, the sound designer behind Fallout 1/2 (and many of Interplay's games at the time). Who among us doesn't fondly recall the delightful meaty sound of a pigrat's body exploding.

That loving high caliber pistol sound in F1 was way too loud, woke up everyone in the house when I played it. Sounded brutal as gently caress, though, kinda missed it when F2 came around.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Broose posted:

I'm starting to get a turn-based tactics game itch again. Unfortunately, I've grown bored of Fallout 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 at the moment. I saw this game on steam and have read the last few pages, so I have got to ask:

Is this game worth $60? Is what is done now so good that it gives a good indication that the quality the finished product would be worth $60?

I mean, I look at the steam videos and some youtube videos and it looks good, but I would like some other opinions before I spend $60.

Get Fallout Tactics. It's more turn-based tactics, it's cheaper and it's feature-complete. The get Wasteland 2 when it's out.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Welp, I'd installed W2 when the beta became open to my KS tier, and last night finally got around to playing crashing to desktop on start. :v: Fix turned out to be the "make RAM chunk bigger" (32bit Win7, 4 gig RAM) and actually played up through the Radio Tower. I'll probably lightly screw around some spergily grind the entire beta in the time left before release - I'm pretty sure I underpaid for what I'm getting. :toot:

Why the hell are you using 32-bit in TYOOL 2014?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

poo poo, even if you only have 4 gigs of RAM, 800 megs of it is shut off because 32-bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I know I had some legit reason for using 32 instead of 64-bit

Natiive compatibility with 16-bit programs is literally the only reason to do that, and it's a terrible reason when DOSBOX exists.

• Locked thread