Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008
Changed mine from $15 to $50. Not that I think the game is going to be a technological powerhouse, but I hope the minimum specs are reasonably low so I can actually run this and Banner Saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008

Sigma-X posted:

I might of missed it but Quarex what the hell is with the amount of personal interest and evangelism you're putting into this? What's your personal history with Wasteland such that you are putting this much effort into it?

Might have. And you apparently missed it by not reading the very first post. What a crazy thing, the OP continuing to contribute to their own thread.

The whole point of a Kickstarter campaign is to get fanatical people to help fund things they love. I don't even have a PC built for gaming right now, but this guy pretty much got me to back this because of how seriously he took getting this game made. We're at an interesting point where dream projects can be fully financed by the public instead of publishers. He has a right to be excited by something he AND the developers never thought would be possible.

Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008
The last time I posted in here, I'd upped my pledge to $50, solely because of Quarex. Near the end of the Kickstarter campaign, my car broke down while on vacation. Given I was hundreds of miles from home and owed over a thousand dollars to get it repaired, I opted to cancel my pledge so I wouldn't end up overdrawn. I felt bad about it, but I put it in the back of my mind.

Then that shirt got made. My name is on it.

I saw that you could still pledge through PayPal, and I couldn't let people walk around wearing a lie. I don't even kind of regret how I feel obligated to throw money at a passion project because of a shirt I didn't buy and two people I've never met. I hope this game is amazing just for you all.

Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008
I really love these updates. With this and the Double Fine adventure game, the transparency in development and getting to really understand the process of game development is worth just as much to me as the game I'm getting in the end. Even if by some freak chance this ends up being a disaster, I'll still consider it a beautiful disaster knowing the amount of work and attention to detail that went into it.

Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008
This seems like a really good strategy that I hope more companies adopt in the future, albeit a bit more openly. That isn't a knock on inxile, I know they're pretty much figuring this out as they go. I just mean it seems very beneficial to offer tiers with alpha or early beta access to the hardest of the hardcore and then open up beta during crunch to hopefully cut down as many bugs as possible before release. Kickstarter is all about helping to fully realize IDEAS rather than just serving as a pre-order system, and this absolutely falls in line with that.

Shmitty fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 20, 2014

• Locked thread