Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fart of Presto posted:

Since I was too late to donate to the goon drive, I've added that amount to my original pledge, which is now $215.

Same here :( Oh well, at least I upped my pledge from $15 to $55 for the full digital package. One question though- the $55 package doesn't explicitly mention that it includes the Avellone novella- should I not get it, would it be :filez: to ask for a copy here? :ohdear:

EDIT: Capitalization.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lunaris posted:

I am weak and donated $250. I missed the Double Fine kickstarter, wasnt going to miss this one.

Buddy, if I didn't have as future to worry about (paying for one's own education is expensive, yo), I'd have happily paid (and been able to pay :v: ) the $10,000 pledge. Also, it's great to hear I still get Avellone's novella :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Brown Moses posted:

I vote for
Ninjentleman
Dappertron
A Vicious Pug
Ace Creamcone

As a filthy suck-up/brown-noser/rear end-kisser/(insert sycophantic term here), who am I to disagree with a mod? Seconding this!

Also, hell yeah we made 3 million :rock: ! In your face, EA/Bioware!

I actually bought DA2 and ME3- how sad is that :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Here is our price quote:

radombattle, you are the left side of the "A" in "RANGER"

Can you guys order next month? I get more cash monies then :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Well, there is already WAY more interest in this than I thought... What would be the easiest shipping method? USPS has small flat rate boxes for $5.15, but could I just show up at a UPS store and give them my list of addresses and what I'm shipping?

And won't shipping charges increase like WHOA depending on where it's going to? I live in Malaysia, hence my desire to not spend overmuch this month- buying the t-shirt is okay, but the shipping charges might eat into my emergency funds, and that's not.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fewd posted:

My memory is a bit hazy but I once ordered a goatman assmug from SA mart via USPS and I think the shipping fee for just the one mug was bit under 30 of their strange 'murrican moneys.

That was to Finland so can't be too much worse to Malaysia.

I don't know what's more :stonk: - the 30-odd dollars for Finland shipping, the fact that SA Mart actually has a goatman mug, or the fact that you ordered one.

No offense.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just so's we're clear, we can sign up at the end of the month, right? Just let me get my paycheck in; I can order then!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrProsek posted:

I don't know much about it, but from what I gathered, Fallout was the spiritual successor to the original game, and I love me some Fallout, so in I go!

This is pretty much the reason I donated too :haw: ! I mean, I knew about Wasteland when I first played Fallout, but that was because I heard that Fallout was inspired by it, or summat of the sort. When I heard about Wasteland 2, and heard Chris Avellone :allears: was going to be involved at 2.1 million, out came the credit card!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Quarex posted:

I hope they realize how many people are going to want a new picture of the designers in the desert. I do not care if half the team is now so old that they will be rushed to the hospital as a result--AND NEITHER SHOULD THEY

Agreed- hell, that old picture of the devs in the desert? A bunch of young guys in leather? Kinda generic (though 80s as hell, so it's still awesome :colbert: ).

But a bunch of old dudes in leather against a desert sunset? :black101: as all hell!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oxxidation posted:

One of the developers said outright that they made Graham's introduction as an innocuous, soft-spoken man doing a mundane task because introducing him as some monstrous ogre would have been moronic. And they're right! It would have been moronic. It is a moronic thing to want.

Agreed; I don't know why people want the legends to be true- you have proof enough of his badassery right there under the bandages. Like you said- making Graham a man, a mortal man, was perhaps one of the few things HH got right.

vilkacis posted:

Someone needs to buy this :haw:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Well, what is your email?

Edit: Only 3 people left to respond, I sent a PM to SenseLess, the other two emails are nagastolemybike and stabemokids.

REPONDEZ MAINTENANT SIL VOUS PLAIT

I just placed my order, be advised that I can pay :) We can do it via PayPal or simple credit card, right?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I personally would like a player home- I'm a hoarder, I need someplace to put stuff :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The rat says squee posted:

If there's anything I don't want, it's romance.

Me neither; leave romances to the romance writers, dammit. Any 'romance' that doesn't involve a fade to black after paying some floozy $10 outside the NMA bar should be axed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

The shirts are guaranteed to be here by the 21st of May, at which point I will start taking payments on them, and then subsequently shipping them. I will send out an email with payment instructions, so keep your eyes peeled.

Awesome! I assume whatever payment method you arrange will be Paypal-compatible, yes? Or at least something we can use our card with?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So... do we start voting for the item now? 'Cos I'm 100% down with having the SA Grenade™.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Our 50lb(!!!) package of shirts is due here by tomorrow afternoon.

That's a loooot of shirts :stare: I suppose that's when you'll want our money, you filthy grifter :v: ?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

chiefnewo posted:

T-shirt payment sent. I also couldn't get the Amazon button to work, so I used Paypal.

Same here, RB; check your inbox :)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

12 hours into taking payments, 46 out of 86 people have stepped up. That's impressive.

I've already recouped my up front costs, and so shipping will be no issue at all (once I get everything lined up). A few people gave me no address when they paid through PayPal, so I guess they think I'm a psychic or something. I'll contact them via telepathy email so they can inform me of where they live.

(I'm sitting here typing this while wearing my Wasteland 2 shirt)

You got my message/payment, right? Just wanting to make sure.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

What are your (real) initials?

U.M.

Um Mo for a little more accuracy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

Yessir, you are good to go! :)

HAHA, that's good to hear! :haw:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Quarex posted:

Ummissar Moga.

That is actually very similar to my real name :stare:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The MSJ posted:

Careful there, man. I can just check the names in all of the local anime magazines to find you.

Go ahead, I'm hidden behind seven pen names :smug:

Woebin posted:

I think it's obvious what to do. You need to invite everyone in this thread to join you in Reykjavik and join your anniversary celebration. Wasteland 2 shirt mandatory, of course.

I'm sure your wife would love it.

Oh great, another $30 in postage :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Quarex posted:

In other news, this article was so good, and it made me so upset (as evidenced by my post at the bottom, where I realized just how true it is that people who loved Final Fantasy VII, not Ultima VII, are the ones designing all the mainstream CRPGs these days):

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/08/the-game-that-wasn%E2%80%99t-there/

This is what I'm hoping Kickstarter will help change; show developers that there is a market beyond what their 'market research' (read: pandering to the fandom) says.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AxeManiac posted:

This is a really cool thing you are doing, I hope Brian Fargo notices, and if not, I'll pester him at E3 until he does.

Make him give us free swag :haw:

I keed, I keed, but I know that if I were him, I'd be really chuffed to know people have gone through this much effort thanks to him.

EDIT: And many thanks again to RB for making this happen!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

WHAT?! A delay in emails?! I demand restitution! If I don't receive my shirt with a crisp new $20 bill tucked into the package, then I will consider it nothing less than you spitting in my face, sir. I also didn't order a shirt, so you had better be sending me a free shirt too, along with the $20 bill! These demands must be met, or I will be forced to use force.

By which I mean I shall start my own Kickstarter to raise funds toward procuring and delivering a flaming bag of dog leavings to your front stoop, good sir.

What are your stretch goals?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What kind of shipping are you using, RB, if I may ask? JUst wondering how long it'd take to reach Malaysia (and you Europeans thought YOU had problems waiting :v: ).

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yo, RB, should've warned you I check the forums a lot more often than I check my email :shobon: Sent you my phone number and stuff.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:golfclap: See kids, this is where hard work and dedication gets you! Congrats, Quarex- and yes, we need pictures! Pictures of you with Fargo!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarquinn posted:

How many shirts go to Germany? I'm curious.

And how many to Malaysia? I too would like to know if there's a Malaysian goon out there in Wasteland colours.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Blast- here I thought I'd get to talk to someone local about raging boners. Oh well :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I got mine already! :3: It's an awesome shirt, and only societal rules about personal grooming kept me from wearing it all the time and never bathing :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Quarex posted:

Oh, that and allowing you to type keywords in conversations. What was the last major title to allow that? Fallout 2? I love their whole "we are pretty sure RPGs have been regressing, not progressing, with technology" framework. Go go go!

IIRC, Fallout 2 didn't allow that, but Morrowind did.

And I don't live on the moon, I live in Malaysia. It's a lot more remote :shepface:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mordaedil posted:

Fallout 2 had a tiny button you could click to ask an NPC random questions and they'd tell if they knew anything about that subject or act really weird if you asked something they knew but you weren't supposed to know.

:psyduck: How many years has it been since the Fallouts were released? I never knew this.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Urdnot Fire posted:

Those buildings in the background don't look out of a wasteland at all! :colbert:

Agreed :colbert: Go blow something up!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

YourAverageJoe posted:

It won't. This has been multiply confirmed. Read the material provided.

This only means the other shoe hasn't dropped yet :ohdear:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RagingBoner posted:

I was going to get just one made and send it to Quarex, but the cost is prohibitive on just one being made. If I can get 13 of you to pay me the $20 plus $5 S&H up front, we can do this thing.

Oh goddamit, not another Wasteland product to waste spend money on :suicide: Is it for US citizens only, or can us dirty foreigners join in the fun?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarquinn posted:

Fund me to build a nuclear bomb for recreational purposes - Kickstarter.

Someone come up with a good pitch.

Tarquinn posted:

Fund me to build a nuclear bomb for recreational purposes - Kickstarter.

There's your pitch :colbert:

And how much to ship to Malaysia again?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can't seem to figure out why people are ragging on the screenshot. Maybe I just have low standards, but I like the look- certainly brown enough to be 'wasteland'-ish, but not so much that it looks like Fallout, for example. Also :hawaaaafap: at the Scorpitron.

Bad news is that I can't afford to pay for the belt buckle by next week, sorry :qq: Between the Steam Summer Sale and Ramadhan food purchasing/charity work taking up the vast majority of my budget, I just can't spare anything on the buckle, sorry :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xik posted:

RPS made a post about the screen-shot and there are plenty of negative reactions. There is also a couple of negative comments about the scorpitron, but they seem to be from people who don't understand this is a sequel and the back-story/setting has already been established. :confused:

I think the art style looks great, but it needs some serious AA love to soften those edges.

I don't know; it seems pretty positive to me, albeit with some "But I think it'd be better if...". That said, :roflolmao: at the twits wondering what the Scorpitron is doing there. I've never played the original, but a few minutes' research should show you what to expect from it.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

draper13 posted:

I feel that we are seeing the start of some kind of Wasteland based religion here.

Fargo is the one true God, and Quarex is his prophet.

And the Scorpitrons are the Archangels. Man, Wasteland heaven would be the best thing ever :allears:

Seriously though, Quarex, way to shoot above the average! At this point, when Wasteland 2 is released we might as well call it the Quarex Subforum :golflap:

• Locked thread