Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I went and added my two cents on most of the major weird stuff I could find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It'll be interesting to see how this distinguishes itself from the Fallout series.

I remember buying the original Fallout because it billed itself as a spiritual Wasteland sequel.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is it even tenable that 10 dudes, 18 months and ~$1,500,000 produces something of at least fallout quality?

Depends on what you mean by 'Fallout quality'

If you mean the writing and atmosphere, absolutely. The graphics and sound in Fallout were never that good.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I just remembered something, Wasteland's copy protection book had a lot of red herrings inserted in it. There were several sections devoted to a Mars base attack that never occurs ingame.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It really depends on whether they do what they planned to do (top-down) or what the community overwhelmingly wants them to do (isometric).

Isometric implies a lot more graphics work building each area.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Rinkles posted:

That's not really true. Fargo's used top down and isometric interchangeably in interviews.

They're not really the same thing though. It's the difference in perspective between Civilization and Baldur's Gate.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I'm aware, but that doesn't make your assertion correct.

Kickstarter page:

"We’re going back to the original and building from there. No first person shooter, we’re going top down so you get a tactical feel for the situation."

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It actually kinda makes sense to have a bar called No Mutants Allowed in a post-apocalyptic game.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Voice acting is so rarely good I'd rather just read text in a lot of cases.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Megadyptes posted:

The official forums are terrible, I hope the devs mostly ignore it. Seriously, the biggest thread (by dozens of pages) I saw over there was some dumb thread about how important it is to be able to get married and by a house to settle down in and :suicide:

Fuckin' Bioware, you guys ruined everything for everyone.

The idea was pretty overwhelmingly being shot down in that thread judging by poll results.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Smol posted:

That's mainly Bethesda's shtick though, not Bioware's.

Housing is, yes. Marriage is a recent thing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's kinda cool that people are putting 'Mac/Linux port' in as fundraising goals given that such a thing rarely happens with traditional funding models.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd rather just have more content.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

quote:

SXX 32 minutes ago
Give us possibility to kill children! Please! :)

quote:

SXX 27 minutes ago
@Aleksandr Panzin
Yes yes yes! We glad too see native Linux release!
But anyway let us kill children who want to play in boring casual games >_<

God, why is everyone so loving hung up on this poo poo?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Honestly it is a pretty dumb idea. I think Brian Fargo is the only person on earth that thought 'You know what goes great with isometric turn-based RPGs? Social networking!'

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I doubt Richard D James really cares, honestly, since he pulls dumb stunts all the time, but it's still not cool.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What was the last paypal total? They might be closer to $2.1m than you think.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The problem with Fallout is that even though everything would probably look like poo poo 200 years after a nuclear war, that doesn't mean it's nice to look at. I get sick of looking at generic buildings made out of sheet metal pretty quickly.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's some debate about how healthy the wildlife in the exclusion zone are since the government has been wanting to open the area to tourism.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think it's reasonable to get excited when you realize this is the closest we're going to get to a Fallout sequel in the vein of the originals.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I would certainly hope a game created in 2012 with modern design tools is larger than a game made in 1988.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

signalnoise posted:

Arena > Daggerfall > Morrowind etc

It's not that hard to understand.

edit: Meaning, what he meant. Representative of a larger area. If it doesn't actually have more to DO in it then that would be additionally sad.

When I said larger I meant more content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

DrNutt posted:

This is going to be like time I went to my first Star Trek convention as a wee lad and watched as various producers from The Next Generation struggled in vain to come up with satisfactory explanations for continuity errors. They looked absolutely miserable.

Can you think of a task more miserable than arguing over minutae with obsessed Star Trek fans?

• Locked thread