Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SMP posted:

I started Planescape: Torment today to familiarize myself with the genre. I think I made a good choice :allears:

You made the best choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Orange Devil posted:

I hate the engine, especially the way the combat feels and couldn't get more than 30 minutes into it.

New Vegas is better than its engine, the writing, the quests, the story are all pretty good.

I fought the combat was better in NV too, in any case NV deserves more than 30 minutes, I don't think I even left Goodsprings in 30 minutes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

thetrin posted:

I like Fallout as a universe (post-apocalyptic universes are kind of a downer for me, and stifle my urge to explore, because everything is destroyed and ugly anyway, but at least Fallout is funny) and enjoyed Fallout 1 and 2 (and 3 to a lesser extent), but for some reason I couldn't get into New Vegas. Maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I felt like everywhere I went I was dying violently very quickly. I wasn't even sure where to go or what to do after the first town. I just kinda gave up after that and sold the game to a friend.

You probably went into Deathclaw/Cazadores territory, which is a hard path to take even though it's not impossible.

The game gives you clues as to where you're "supposed" to go, but you can go wherever you want.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wolfsheim posted:

Its going to be by Bethesda, mang. Expect Fallout 3 but on the Skyrim engine. Doesn't mean it won't be fun, just don't expect any kind of thematic depth, real reactivity or good writing in general.

I hope they take notes from NV with the reputation system at least.

Though I have my doubts, considering how the Imperial/Stormcloak plot worked in Skyrim.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just redeemed my Wasteland 2 code from my Torment pledge, is it normal that I'm able to download the game? I thought it was due to be released on friday?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fintilgin posted:

You can download the backer beta now. Which is ~half the game and NOT save game transferable. It will reduce the download time on Friday though, I think, so you might as well download now and just wait until the full unlock. :)

Wasn't the beta a separate pledge? Otherwise, cool, just downloading it while waiting for the full release to drop.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Welmu posted:

Everyone who buys the game got access to the Beta since a few months back.

Ah :v:

• Locked thread