Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For me it was Fallout 1 and 2 that were the real formative experiences for me where PC RPGs are concerned. But as soon as I learned about Fallout's genesis I went out and played Wasteland and (god help me) Fountain of Dreams.

I've never finished Wasteland, but I still fondly remember the dozens and dozens of hours I spent playing it back in high school. Hearing that Avellone is gonna be joining in with Brian Fargo on this project, well, this more than justifies my having pledged $65 on Wasteland 2 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I toss out a post saying I pledged just like so many others, and then I come back a couple weeks later and there's a cool shirt with my name (and so many others) on it. I am sold. :3:

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

vilkacis posted:

I don't think it's going to get much better than that with so few pixels.

Now we just need some kind goon to buy this smiley. :30bux:

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Weren't we supposed to have an apocalyptic nuclear war back in the 90s? Pop culture let me down again!

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's a Desert Dweller, and from what little I remember there were no real details behind those things. They were just some random mutants you could run into in the overworld.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

crashdome posted:

I got mine! I am wearing it everywhere! I WANT people to ask me why my shirt says "Pussy Cartel" and "Galilee Chairchucker" so I can make up awesome stories.

I hear if you say my name or Galilee's three times while facing a mirror, Quarex comes this much closer to doing a Wasteland LP.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Holy shitsnacks, you lucky son of a bitch. Congrats!

Also you'd bloody well better take some pics. :argh:

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tufty posted:

Stop it! You guys are making me want to play a MUD.

Well I guess it's time to play a Wasteland MUD to tide you over until Wasteland 2 comes out!

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RagingBoner posted:

Naw, that's cool, I'm sure someone will want one large shirt.

Right people?

Man, and I'm still waiting on my shirt up here in Canada.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Woo, just got my shirt in! And with a miniature Scorpitron on the envelope, too.

As for the belt buckle, I think option A with the letters coloured would be best. I'd wear it with (painfully goony) pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So, I've seen mention of traits of some sort on some Wasteland wikis and I've heard a few mentioned here and there on the Wasteland 2 forums. Does anyone know if traits or perks of some kind are still in the works for the game, or is it a feature that's since been shelved for whatever reason?

• Locked thread