Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They only take money from my card when it hits the funding date, right? I want to pledge another 50 to hit the 100 bucks mark, but it's also not payday just yet.

That is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

HondaCivet posted:

Everyone should chip in because this is probably the closest we'll get to an Obsidian Kickstarter.

That's why I put in my $15. I may not care much for iso-RPG's, but Obsidian. :3:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Davos posted:

I really want to put in the $50 for the boxed version, but I'm a poor college student who just got laid off from my part time job :(

I'm in the same boat, dude.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I've never played an isometric RPG before, but I loved Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas and am looking forward to the South Park RPG. Convince me that my $15 will be well-spent.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

trw posted:

Also, if the reason why you enjoyed New Vegas and Alpha Protocol was the writing and the 'choice gameplay' (not the action parts) those are the things that the classic isometric games got famous for. So even if you don't particularly like the isometric combat, you might like it enough to enjoy the other stuff in the games.

Well I certainly didn't love AP for its combat system :v:

Are there any free iso-RPG's you guys would recommend to try out this system?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

This was probably brought up on previous pages but its weird to think there will be all these shrines and statues to donators in Wasteland 2 (nineteen by my count) just littered about or whatever.

Or maybe they'll shove them all in one hidden room somewhere.

The Legendary Hall of Wasteland Fanatics.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Alpha Protocol's conversation system in Wasteland 2! :swoon:

YES PLEASE. That would justify me throwing money into a genre I've never played before.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bonus posted:

This looks like it's gonna be cool, but I'm a bit worried about the kickstarter offering 250 people some sort of self-insertion in the game, whether it be weapons, NPCs or statues or whatever. I know the team try to integrate them into the look and feel of the game, but I still think it compromises the integrity of the game, I dont know

It helps that it costs so much to place such things in-game that it should be mostly limited to big fans of the original/people who want the game to be the best it can be.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

dvorak posted:

Chris Avellone: "At 12 million we can turn it into an Alpha Protocol sequel!"

I wish :smith:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

dvorak posted:

Maybe in a couple years when this is all wrapped up, who knows what can happen? Maybe by then Kickstarter will be the driving force of games. Or, maybe they will suffer some untimely scandal and disappear.

That wouldn't fix SEGA owning the rights to AP. Oh well, maybe they could make a spiritual sequel called Beta Procedure or something if this goes well.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm sure I said this before, but I wasn't on Raging Boner's list earlier so I'll restate it: I donated $50. I did this having never played an isometric RPG before, but loving stuff like New Vegas and Alpha Protocol. Quarex's enthusiasm won me over, I suppose. And old-fashioned PHYSICAL instruction manuals don't hurt either.

On that note, I too would totally love to see an LP from you, Quarex. I'm sure your enthusiasm would only add to the entertainment and quality of it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

little girl with a dog: "I'm working on wasteland."

Don't joke, I learned from Fallout that dogs can be valuable partners.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

mixitwithblop posted:

I'm surprised you didn't learn this from an earlier source!

Thank you for giving me something to add to my Netflix backlog.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Quarex would have had to have been sedated if he were at the party.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 17, 2012

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

My vote is for Pug, Dappertron, Ace, and Ninjentleman.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

HondaCivet posted:

gently caress the West Wind, everyone knows it's the biggest weakling of the four winds. Pugs can't breathe because of their horrible deformed faces so screw them. And how the hell is an ice cream cone going to survive in the desert?? This isn't the DESSERT Rangers y'know. Heh.

Great, now I'll always think of them as being the Dessert Rangers.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

ShinAli posted:

Why doesn't everyone in my financial situation be as terrible as I am with money and put in at least $50 dollars?! :colbert:

EDIT: me, I am terrible with money :(

I did this too, despite being a poor college student. Hopefully I can find a summer job to help recoup my losses on all these Kickstarters. :ohdear:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

T-Shirt:

If anyone really wants a shirt, maybe we can get a group print done? I'm definitely getting 2 done.

:swoon: I'd probably order one if a sizable enough group does as well.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm proud to say I'm a part of the backbone. Not as glorious as being next to Quarex, but ultimately necessary. Fitting for my modest $50 donation.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

Here is our price quote:

Very reasonable indeed, especially if we can get 25.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

After looking at the way the have it set up, I'd have get the order shipped to me, and then ship them all individually after I recieve them.

A bit clunky, but they have a much larger print area and far better print quality than any other site I checked.

If you're willing to do that, it would be awesome to own that piece of art you created (which could only be more accurate if Quarex's name took up the whole thing/was repeated multiple times).

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

randombattle posted:

What if we do a kickstarter for the t-shirts! :downs:

It couldn't be worse than this one or this one.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Quarex posted:

I was just thinking about all this again the other day, and I started getting super-excited all over again. SERIOUSLY, WASTELAND 2 IS A THING THAT IS HAPPENING AND WE HELPED YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWW

Thanks to you, even weirdos like me who weren't alive when Wasteland came out and have never played an isometric RPG still spent $50 on this game. Well-played, sir, well-played indeed.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Quarex posted:

Hell yeah, Urdnot Fire. I cannot wait until you think it is the best game ever. Or loathe it and by proxy loathe me as well :cool:

Eh, even if I don't end up caring for the game itself that much I still get CLOTH MAP and INSTRUCTION BOOK. And those novellas sound pretty nifty too.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Jonny Retro posted:

Signed up for a shirt an sent you and e-mail.

I told my girlfriend I was getting a shirt with my name on it, and she stared at me. Then I told her it wasn't going to be my real name, but my internet name. I think she left me.

At least you get a neat t-shirt! With your (internet) name on it and everything!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I got mine today as well, only to put it away before my family sees it :ohdear:

Looks great, though. I suppose I'll wear it to a convention if I ever end up going to one.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

cullan posted:

I thought about it but I didn't want to ruin the surprise for non-USA goons.
Same, but it is a wonderful little touch. I don't really want to throw out the envelope now :allears:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm not sure how often we need to repeat that Quarex is Brian Fargo.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

:golfclap: See kids, this is where hard work and dedication gets you! Congrats, Quarex- and yes, we need pictures! Pictures of you with Fargo!
If only to prove that they are two separate people.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Those buildings in the background don't look out of a wasteland at all! :colbert:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome. I can't help but wonder how Quarex will react to this news :allears:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'll fill a spot if there aren't enough others. Hell, this might be less embarrassing than a shirt with poo poo like "RagingBoner" on it anyways :v:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Well, THE BEST Wasteland LP is currently in progress, right Quarex?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

dvorak posted:

Not saying they are the very best, but some new gamebooks were recently published, and I think there is a Kickstarter going right now for a pretty huge one.
Which Kickstarter is this?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I picked A just to support brightness and color in games, but B is definitely the best compromise.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It turns out that it was fake anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Smol posted:

It's not fake.
Apparently not, as they've laid off 50% of their staff and gotten bought out by someone. Which makes me feel bad as I just got SPAZ from them for free :smith:

• Locked thread