Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Yeah, I'll definitely donate to this. Wasteland really was a seminal CRPG and I'd really like to see them do it justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Over $825,000 now, so just 75k short of goal in two days. I hope it ends up breaking that 1.5 million mark, seems a good chance of it.

Kind of fun to go back to the first half of this thread and find the posts that were like "Well, I guess the kickstarter for this obscure old game might just stagger over the finish line a few days before the goal, maybe :smug: "

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

theblackw0lf posted:

Someone just donated $10,000, and it's now at $850,000

This might be funded by the time I go to bed (in 5 hours)

Holy poo poo, all 8 of the 10k donation tier have now sold.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HondaCivet posted:

So is Brian working on an official update email right now or what? Not that I don't believe RPS, I just don't want to get too excited before it's official.

Fargo linked to the RPS article on Twitter with the comment "Here's the news I was hinting at" so yeah, it's legit. Upgrading my pledge now.

I wonder if they can get Avellone to sign the collectors edition boxes?

Also they should put rope kid on this project please.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fintilgin posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's 90% PR.

The mention a big chunk of it is is licensing Obsidian's tools/engine, and then presumably a couple Obsidian devs might do some minor area design/collaboration.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obsidian's primary contribution was supporting the toolset/Onyx(?) engine.

Oh probably. I'm sure a big chunk of the extra $500k goes to licensing the toolkit. But on the flip side, if someone like Avellone is going to have his name associated with the project, he'll likely want to be involved enough to make sure it isn't a complete washout. And he has all those old Van Buren design docs just gathering dust...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rinkles posted:

Not necessarily

Though this'll definitely delay any effort.

In case anyone doubts how much Avellone would like to actually contribute to this, it's neat that he already changed his Twitter icon to a desert ranger badge. And check out this Blog post from mid-February, on how much he loved the original Wasteland:

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/1/entry-160-kickstarter-and-wasteland-2-thoughts/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Most expensive one I know of was the Dirt 3 collector's edition for $300. But that came with a tricked out RC car that normally goes for $300 or more on its own, so I don't know if that really counts. Like the Mortal Kombat tournament edition that came with a really good fight stick for $140 or so.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm not seeing it in my Ranger Central store, did the $50 pledge not include it?

It's under the "donations" tab on the Ranger Center. I don't remember if $50 got it or not, but I think so. Mine's downloading now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Swabbleflange posted:

The email says $55 and above.

Oops, I misread that. Sorry to the $50 donator :smith:

• Locked thread