Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Alright, I always wanted to see another classic Fallout game, so I put my money where my mouth is and plunked down $15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Quarex posted:

Seriously, no-one has made a :regd12: yet? Astounding. Do people not hate newbies anymore? Yay!

Note there was never a smiley making fun of 2003s :waycool:

Didn't the whole thing start as a backlash against the influx of users in '04 who came only for the file forums?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Oh man, read the comments. This guy responds to everybody, and he can't seem to get it through his thick skull that these projects are not taking dollars away from other Kickstarter projects.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Quarex posted:

SenseLess, thanks for your donation. I hope you do get access to the beta; maybe betas can avoid the rating system? Probably not.

YAAAAAY! That is the spirit.

Between the comments I have gotten about doing a Let's Play in this thread and in private messages, I am feeling increasingly like a Bad Wasteland 2ian. I promise I am weighing my real life not-getting-kicked-out-of-school obligations versus the possibility of beginning one before the Kickstarter ends and some crucial momentum is lost.

No 'forums reputation' is worth putting your future at risk for man, LPing is for those dudes with too much free time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I would prefer he continue stealing whatever he stole for Fallout and Fallout 2, those are good.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't your statistics teacher ever warn you of the dangers of extrapolation?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Funny enough I bet plants would have a harder time growing in the post industrial ruins of Detroit than in an irradiated wasteland. And I base that on absolutely no knowledge of plant biology.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

But they have a decent amount of time, this is a 2-year project. They're not going to crap it out in a few months like Double Fine.

Double Fine is also not doing a rush job, Tim has gone on record saying they are going to invest all the money into the project and make it a more substantial game (with a delayed release date naturally.)

Just because Onyx is not the engine that's going to be used doesn't mean that they are going to start from scratch, there's plenty of engines out there they can license.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you mean the Oblivion engine that runs on Gamebryo then that actually does handle open world streaming fairly well. The only thing I really hate about it is how combat feels, but that wouldn't matter in a turn based game.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dixie Flatline posted:

Haha I just remembered Wasteland Project 0. Why is that funny? Well look at this:

Hmmm well it might be interesting to go around slaying horrible monsters as a giant scorpion, you never know.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
So many of the users from here who would have donated have already done so though, although I suppose I could always withdraw the donation and channel it through the group thing. The problem is that we don't all get copies that way.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
This sounds like fun, I'd kick in :10bux: for the SA fund. Better get something set up soon though.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I upped my contribution just because I want us to get those modding tools.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
An LP played well is way more interesting than one where humor is attempted and poorly or even adequately executed. Don't worry about trying to be entertaining, just point out all the cool little things about the game and show off interesting ways to play.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in for $40 between my own contribution and AxeMan's project.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You guys are not even close to fat enough to be alpha goons. I am disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CommissarMega posted:

Good God that video was awesome; makes me wish I'd donated more than a measly $50! When is the game going to be released? Because it looks damned complete enough to me! :haw:

Surely you want some content other than just a competent battle system?

• Locked thread