Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Rinkles posted:

This comparison was what convinced me that, yeah, I wasn't just hearing things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi6FdN64mck
Brian Eno's Alternative 3 from "Music For Films"

That's explicit enough that you probably don't need the Morgan piece side by side if you've ever heard it, but here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N68S1rpEjo

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Very blatant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just take it, take all my money. Changed $50 to $100.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

AxeManiac posted:

This tends to happen a lot in video game forums I've noticed.

And thus, the avatar.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Teim posted:

I wish kickstarter took paypal, I was about to pledge $30 too, Goddamn it.

There is an option to donate via PayPal - http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/pledge.php

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Quarex posted:

Every response you received is basically accurate (especially HondaCivet's). I loved Wasteland. You say you have not loved anything this much since being a kid--well, I was a kid when first this excited about this game. The original post gets a little into how Wasteland made me a lifelong fan of not only the post-apocalyptic genre (which the game was my introduction to) but also laser-focused my interest in CRPGs, at a time when CRPGs had just been one of many genres of game I bought (kids are often indiscriminate about these things). For more personal history, well, I have been in the Snake Squeezins Yahoo fan group since the 1990s, and have even gamed with Ken St. Andre (for that personal touch!). Also this is one of the walls of my office:

The exact equation is aesthetic lust + recognizing contagiousness of excitement + irrational passion for hyperbole + enjoyable work break + Proton Ax = Wasteland 2 > food, water, shelter. Maybe if you were working on your dissertation proposal at the same time that a game you have super-loved for 25 years was making its sudden return to prominence, you would be doing this, too.

Oh man, where did you get those Fallout posters? I would kill to have those hung up in my office at home.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Quarex posted:

Oh, I just scanned the boxes in as high a resolution as possible and printed them out in a sort of vaguely easily-framed size. I was going to do the same with 3, but I decided the lunchbox (in the corner of the picture) would suffice.

If it has never occurred to you to do this, do not worry too much about it, as I had access to a high-quality scanner and printer for years before it suddenly dawned on me that I might be able to use these devices in tandem for any particular purpose.

You are a genius. I will be finding a way to do this. Thank you.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ask Me Anything. It's a Reddit thing. I only know this because GW2 just did one.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

From that AMA that NMA summarized -

quote:

locust64: Brian and Chris, How linear are you thinking this game will be? And how to you think the re-play value will be? -Also, if the game is deep and long enough (and i have faith it will be) Have you considered a strategy guide?

Chris F. Avellone: Linearity can suck my balls. Wasteland 1 let you go anywhere and suffer the consequences - or reap the rewards.

Haha. Awesome. Yes, this game will be awesome.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Can't remember if I posted or not, but $100 from me.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Kharmakazy posted:

I know that, but I did not authorize them to post any charges to any of the cards on that account but the one I actually used. They posted pending charges to my checking, my savings, my credit card, my grandmother's checking, my aunt's checking, and probably to my ex-gf's card if it weren't like 5 years expired.

http://it.slashdot.org/story/12/04/02/1248252/up-to-15-million-visa-mastercard-credit-card-numbers-stolen

Give your bank a call. My number was in the batch and someone tried to use it a few days ago.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Man, it is getting harder and harder to not play this beta...

• Locked thread