Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
_Dav
Dec 24, 2008

Linedance posted:

My challenge, since I'm now going to get an expensive coffee from Monmouth Coffee in borough market is as follows:

:siren: take a picture outside a hip urban coffee shop with an espresso based beverage :siren:

if you haven't got one of those, I guess a Tim Hortons will have to do!

Monmouth is awesome..

Is it expensive really? The one on Monmouth street is 1.80 for a double espresso/macchiato which is the same as starbucks and the other unmentionables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

_Dav posted:

Monmouth is awesome..

Is it expensive really? The one on Monmouth street is 1.80 for a double espresso/macchiato which is the same as starbucks and the other unmentionables.

2.35 for a filter coffee, so not massively expensive, but still about a pound more than a sb filter and you get less, but yeah Monmouth is still awesome. An island of good coffee in a nation of instant drinkers. Their whole beans are excellent. If you're in borough market and after a coffee though, I highly recommend getting a mocha from rabot estate. It is loving delicious. Usually less busy than Monmouth too.
/coffee chat

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Linedance posted:

My challenge, since I'm now going to get an expensive coffee from Monmouth Coffee in borough market is as follows:

:siren: take a picture outside a hip urban coffee shop with an espresso based beverage :siren:

if you haven't got one of those, I guess a Tim Hortons will have to do!

That is a cool boat. Thanks for skipping the rowboat.

Of all days for me to not ride into work, a coffee shop challenge? I'm in Seattle, goddamnit. I can't even count how many I pass on my (2.5 mile) ride to work. My office is a mile away from Starbucks HQ :argh:

Someone better beat me to this

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Linedance posted:

Aprilia Pegaso Strada. The wheels are blue, if you can believe it! (it needs a bath).
650 single, shared with various Yamahas and other smaller makes. It makes about 50HP and kicks rear end for urban riding and country lanes.

It's sexy.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

TheScott2K posted:

God drat it I was JUST parked within visible distance of an aircraft carrier! Hope this is still here tomorrow night.

This would have been my angle, I am looking at the Nimitz out my back door as I type this.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

That is a cool boat. Thanks for skipping the rowboat.

Of all days for me to not ride into work, a coffee shop challenge? I'm in Seattle, goddamnit. I can't even count how many I pass on my (2.5 mile) ride to work. My office is a mile away from Starbucks HQ :argh:

Do you pass more dispensaries or more coffee shops otw to work?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Silly othertowner, the Emerald City sees no distinction

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

I may pass more coffee shops, but I probably smell weed more than I smell coffee.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

clutchpuck posted:

This would have been my angle, I am looking at the Nimitz out my back door as I type this.

If I had my bike right now I could get a picture in front of the Cable tonight. Except it's in Portland so you'd see the bike and a wall of rain.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Good timing on this last one, I just rode my bike out to the local indie coffeeshop, ill get a picture when I leave.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Fine ill take mine around back to the sailboat.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Lots of talk, not many pics. Mammoth on Monmouth st. here

Take my word that the espresso is in my hand... Next challenge :siren: is an airfield:siren:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 15, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

e:gently caress I missed that he already got the boat.

Can we have the current challenge in SIRENS in the OP?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

invision posted:

SV650s + abused Hobie14.

Do I get to pick next?

We're on to the coffee challenge, which nsaP won, and never gave us a new challenge

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Let's get a new one nsaP, I gotta ride home from work and need to show of my beautiful LA weather.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I had to move out of the loading zone ;)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

invision posted:

Can we have the current challenge in SIRENS in the OP?

I think just putting it in sirens in the post itself is fine. Personally I like seeing all the duplicates in this kind of game because you see different interpretations of the same thing.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I think just putting it in sirens in the post itself is fine. Personally I like seeing all the duplicates in this kind of game because you see different interpretations of the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OWn0OCs0h-E#t=12s

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

I went out to the most hipster coffee place I know of in this part of Connecticut. Beaten, but gently caress if I'm not posting the pic since I went through all the effort and bought a dumb coffee for this dumb forum. I also got to hit up the twisties near this place, though, so it's all good.

Bazacko
Nov 23, 2008

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I can see the space needle reflected in the window :3:

Do you ride real :airquote: bikes? If not, you're missing out.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

nsaP posted:

Lots of talk, not many pics. Mammoth on Monmouth st. here

Take my word that the espresso is in my hand... Next challenge :siren: is an airfield:siren:

Does an air<i>port</i> count? I guess even if it did I'd somehow have to get airside which would be impossible...
This is fun, it's like a worldwide motorcycle scavenger hunt!

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

You're probably better off finding a smaller airport/airfield because you'd be able to get right up to the fence and be in sight of the flight line and such.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
gently caress, I live 200' ft from paine field and my bike isn't with me, argh...

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gullous posted:

gently caress, I live 200' ft from paine field and my bike isn't with me, argh...

"Take a picture of your pussy wagon in front of an air field"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Linedance posted:

Does an air<i>port</i> count? I guess even if it did I'd somehow have to get airside which would be impossible...
This is fun, it's like a worldwide motorcycle scavenger hunt!

If you go on google maps, you might be surprised at how many little airfields there are in the area around your city. It's quite common to find uncontrolled airfields that are little more than a packed grass strip for glider pilots to recover on, for instance.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Spiffness posted:

"Take a picture of your pussy wagon in front of an air field"

"Don't mind me, officer. It's for the internet!"

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Sup Sodo buddy, new dispensary just opened up on 4th and Orcas. Can't wait to get one then require a picture with both a dispensary AND a coffee shop connected to each other.

Also, glad I didn't ride today, holy gently caress is it ever raining. I'd love to take a picture at Boeing field, though.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Airfield. Bonus matching jet.

I'm posting this from a bar so how boot your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon!

Edit: that's a 787 Dreamliner!

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 16, 2012

Bazacko
Nov 23, 2008

clutchpuck posted:

I'm posting this from a bar so how boot your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon!

Does a video of me riding past a bar called "The Cafe Racer" (green building on the left) count?

If so, :siren:Take a pic of your bike next to an animal statue:siren:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Bazacko posted:

Does a video of me riding past a bar called "The Cafe Racer" (green building on the left) count?

If so, :siren:Take a pic of your bike next to an animal statue:siren:

It's too bad that bar isn't done right. It has so much potential, but is very weak in execution.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

This guy gets the win with :siren:how boot your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon!:siren:

Good effort with the video though

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Spiffness posted:

It's too bad that bar isn't done right. It has so much potential, but is very weak in execution.

I end up there pretty often for scooter events, the owner is involved in Vespa Club of Seattle. I love the crystal ball P/PX occasionally parked inside, but the establishment itself is pretty underwhelming.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That's Paine field by the way. Hi gullous, did you hear me?

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

clutchpuck posted:

That's Paine field by the way. Hi gullous, did you hear me?

I did not, I was out of the house!

If I win, I'm choosing your bike in a million pieces or your bike in an impound lot

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Gullous posted:

If I win, I'm choosing your bike in a million pieces or your bike in an impound lot

The first one I have down but the second one might be difficult now that I own a SV rather than a KTM :v:

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Gullous posted:

To a lesser extent, I was thinking of doing "your bike taking a nap in the grass" to weed out the scaredy-cats who don't want to tip their bike over and pick it back up.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

This guy gets the win with :siren:how boot your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon!:siren:

Good effort with the video though

Thought id do 2 in 1 - hotel in the background (no parking left in front of it or to the side) and the optional animal statue.

Does it count?

e: Home now - provided it does :siren:Pic of your bike in front of a police station:siren:

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 16, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a bar, a pub, a tavern or a saloon in that picture?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Is there a bar, a pub, a tavern or a saloon in that picture?

Laidley Hotel is a pub/bar with lodging so I think it's a Tavern as well.

The old building behind the horse is also a pub - sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Then I guess you're technically correct, the best kind of correct!!

• Locked thread