Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

:siren: a sculpture or statue :siren:

Wish I owned a Dnepr or Ural so I could park in front of the Lenin statue in Fremont. :ussr:

Bout to head out and get some food, I'm gonna try to get a statue picture.

e: meh, maybe tomorrow. Working on a final project had me inside 'til the sun went down.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does this count? All the big trucks were inside. :(

If it does, :siren:Your bike in front of a graffiti mural:siren:

Edit: Just some decent graffiti, no lovely gang tags or "wagner loves the cock" scribblings, please.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 22, 2012

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, no one yet? I'm gonna take the bike out just to do this challenge, microbreweries are almost as numerous as coffee shops here.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alright, here you go. Not one, but THREE microbreweries, and none of that Ram bullshit, either.

Fremont Brewery

Hale's Ales

Hilliard's. A newcomer to the area, less than a year old.

Let's get you guys back in the game. :siren:Go plank on your bike in your riding gear!:siren: If you're worried about tipping it I guess you could plank something next to it, but like I always say, go big or go home.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I haven't been there since the last backfire event I went to in October when they first opened up. Good beer, but I'm never in Ballard long enough to remember to pick up a growler.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rack focus EVERYTHING, depth of field is for chumps.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hurry up before I roll my bike out to a crushed snail on the sidewalk and call it good

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I've got a paint shop a half mile down the road, I'll roll down to SIK WERKS in the morning and snap a picture before class.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're on! I forgot to get one on the way to or from school, but remembered I needed to pick up something at the tailor's so thought I'd get a pic with my DSLR then. Go to snap a shot, no card in camera. poo poo. Okay, a camera pic will have to do. Battery's too loving low to take a picture, gently caress!

So it's only a minute down the road, I'm saying 'gently caress it' and gonna go get one with a loving CF card in the camera this time.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There we go. What a bitch that was.

:siren:Your bike next to a lesser-known landmark:siren:

For instance, Seattle has the space needle, but not a lot of people know we have a bronze statue of Lenin hanging out in the area, too. Something like that.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The troll's sooooo mainstream, bro, there's an internet video of some dude dancing next to it and everything

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sure, even though Cedar Point is the only real landmark Ohio has. :v:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So if my Ducati's not in front of a coffee shop and not getting worked on, it counts, right? :v:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
bike-photoshopped-into-goatse.jpg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eight-douche is almost as bad as the marines when it comes to having a huge ego to go along with a poo poo job and unit. Congrats dude, you learned how to fall out of an airplane. You're pretty special for passing a course with a lower attrition rate than most high schools.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When I went through, the biggest reason for failure was physical. The most 'challenging' part of the PT test was to hold a pullup in the up position for 10 seconds or something. I think only one or two women failed it, which is dumb since you shouldn't be sent there unless you can for-sure pass it. We lost a few others due to jump refusals, maybe an injury or two, but I think we still had around a 90% graduation rate. It's not hard, just kinda scary and dangerous.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe that giant-rear end duck on top of Ride the Ducks counts?

That's the only giant animal I can think of right now, and I ride by it every day. I'll get a picture of it later today.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's a giant loving cartoon duck, you slackers. Meet me in the thunderdome if you wanna dispute it. :colbert:
Really, if someone gets an actual animal but giant sized, they can claim the win

:siren:Get a knee down!:siren: On your bike if you really want, but I'll accept those springy playground toys, toilets, pushbikes, etc.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I imagine they're universally hated by each city's inhabitants as well?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, those pictures looked like garbage. It doesn't look like he even attempted to change anything in post. I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots in auto mode and has no idea what a raw file is.

*buys $5,000 camera* look, I'm a photographer!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Braincloud posted:

In a day or two? poo poo, the "two ends of a road" challenge was up for quite a while before I did it.

Anyway, I may take a ride up to the border from Seattle tomorrow to see if they'll let me into Canada.

I'd probably do the same, but it'll be at least a week before I can make the trip.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

grunthaas posted:

:siren:Your bike with a lot of other bikes:siren:

And by 'a lot' of bikes, I mean 50+ and preferably some sort of event rather than just in a car park..

Seattle riders probably got this one in a couple days. Backfire's every third Wednesday of the month, and usually attracts around 100 bikes as long as the weather's not complete poo poo.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The monster with a cup of starbucks would've been perfect for this game, but the game's stalled out so this'll have to do. My running TS400 with a cup of coffee.

Since it seems appropriate, :siren:Your bike kicking fall/winter's rear end!:siren:

Rain, sub-50's thermometer in the background, show your bike in conditions the garage queens dare not go.

And if no one does that after a week, your bike packed away for the season :smith:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's more like a really long cone of shame. Legs don't tend to grow back after 7 months.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On spring break finally, maybe we'll get some sun and I can rejoin the game :woop:

It's too bad backfire already happened, they attract 100+ bikes on a good day once a month.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I gonna be a complete oval office and get a picture at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park?

You betcha.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Linedance posted:

Not before I get my post in! :getin:

You're dead to me.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Enhance!

Looks like a fish.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gotta find one of those shores where Orcas beach themselves so they can eat seals before squirming back in the water.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ok hold on let me go ride my bike a block away

Seattle

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Safety Dance posted:

I didn't know you had a Ducati!

Funny story, I actually can't ride it anywhere because of an electrical issue. If I wanted to continue with the stereotypes I'd have to throw on a flannel and go jump off Aurora bridge(After driving my subaru there).

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awe, I had a good idea for this one. I was gonna take the enduro onto one of these closed ramps.

http://goo.gl/maps/BmwsX

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It looks like such a cool spot to explore, only problem is getting there before 5 to avoid the tolls.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or maybe next month.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the challenge still stands by monday, I wanna go get this one:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally replaced the starter relay on my bike, I'm tempted to go all the way to Tacoma to get a sandwich and picture at ElevenEleven at 1111 11th Ave. :v:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A day later than I hoped, but here it is.

ElevenEleven, on 1111 11th Ave. Just off of MLK Way, yes, but their sandwiches are the best and worth the detour if you're in Tacoma for any reason. It's the first silly name I could think of, I don't know if there's any Tricky Dick's or Bearded Clams around here.

:siren:Go exploring!:siren:
Go somewhere vehicles wouldn't usually go. Ride inside of an abandoned hospital, park on the flat section of a long set of stairs, or just go a ways down a footpath.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it counts. I had road-going vehicles in mind, not farm equipment. Unless someone posts a radder one today, you got it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Oh, drat. I was there, but didn't see the new challenge. Oh well!

I think I saw Slim Pickens wave at me as I rode by, maybe he'll get it!

I didn't check this thread before heading to Backfire, either. :( I was just about to leave when I saw you looking for a spot to park and was trying to wave you in.

Maybe I'll just have to ride over to the Lenin statue for the new challenge. :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Mildly :nws: http://i.imgur.com/7trnyMq.gif :nws:

Also, note the random clutch-grab I never noticed before I started riding :v:

Also notice the tiedown straps at about the same time as the clutch grab. :v:

• Locked thread