Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

A smile briefly crosses his face as he sees the cart turn away from the chaos, happy to see that the horses might be able to avoid further harm. Miss Lette was full of surprises it seemed.

He decides to follow a few steps behind Martin as he sees the man push forward ahead of him. "Watch yourself" he says, with just a hint of nerves in his voice. "They seek to capture us, getting into close combat may be just what they want."

As he steps forward, he locks eyes with the closest centaur before calling out to him. "We are only the first of many! Reinforcements are coming to join us as we speak! I ask you to turn away now as we will not be taken without a fight. There is no need for further violence!"

Broken record; moving north by three and AoD (Dodge). Diplomacy -14 to C1 for what good it might do

Lo'el
ST-11, DX-12, IQ-12, HT-13
HP 12/12, FP 14/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Weapons: Spear-13 (readied & 2H), 1d+2 imp,thr +3; Sling-12, 1d+1 pi
Armor: DR 5 torso (front); DR 0 torso (rear)/groin/arms/legs/feet, DR 0 face/head
Active Defences: Parry-9, Dodge-11 (preferred)

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

"Take them a little further out," Lette instructs the driver. "Just out of easy range; don't overtax them! I'll see to their wounds after this." At least, she hoped she'd be able to.

She hops from the cart as it completes its turn, before it can build up any speed, and fetches an arrow from her hip quiver. "Lo'el, I fear you credit them too much civility," she calls, preparing to rejoin the fight.

If I didn't uncrouch last turn, doing so now as part of a Ready maneuver. Drawing an arrow and taking a step (upper left hex) to clear the cart.

ST-11, DX-11, IQ-12, HT-12
HP 11/11, FP 12/12, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.00, BM-6
Adv: Fit, Wild Talent 2/2
Weap: Shortbow-13 (readied), 1d-1 imp; Spear-12, 1d+2 imp; knife-13, 1d-1 imp/cut;
Armor: DR 5 torso (front); DR 3/2* groin/legs, DR 2 feet, DR 4 face, DR 5 head;
Active Defenses: Dodge-9 (preferred); Knife/Spear parry 9
14 arrows

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Remarkably, the horses manage to move in a manner that isn't pure chaos, and the one that just took three arrows manages to stay upright. Whatever the lass said to them must have been very encouraging. Or sounded encouraging, since these are horses after all.

With the cart out of the way, things were a little more orthodox. They were still fighting men on horseback who couldn't be separated from the horses, but you can't win every time. The nobleman had managed to enrage one of the closer ones with what should have rolled off his back easily enough. Dolan was interested to see where this would go.

pre:
Moving forward with Martin

ST:10 DX:12 IQ:12 HT:11 SM:-1
HP:10/10 FP:10/12 Will:12 Per:12 Speed:5.75 Move:4
Combat reflexes, Night Vision 5, Weapon Master
Rune Staff: Skill 14, d+4 crushing
Stone Missile: Skill 13, 2d+2 crushing, Acc 2, 1/2D 40
Armor: DR 2 across the board, hands and feet flexible
Defense: Dodge 9, parry 13 in melee

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The girl seemed to have a touch of the heroics in her, or perhaps she was just a decent person. Either way, she quite possibly saved the horses, and perhaps even the driver. However, they still had the damned centaurs to deal with. Well, they talked like they wanted to take them alive, but she had no desire to be stomped to death by some tarted-up donkey queen's blood ritual. Or sold into slavery, which seemed quite more likely. Pushing these lurid thoughts away, Isit whispers a hint of a spell to her arrow before firing it. She had better use this one before the enemy came to close to friendlies.

Standing if not already, then using Scattershot-12 on A2

ST-12, DX-13, IQ-12, HT-12
HP 12/12, FP 11/12, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.25, BM-6
Combat Reflexes, Ambidextrous, Heroic Archer, Imbue 2
Weapons: Bow 13, Composite Bow (readied) 1d+2 imp
Shortsword 13 Shortsword 1d+2 cut
Large Knife(fine) 1d-2 cut
Armor: DR 2 torso (front); groin 2; arms 2; legs 2; feet 2; face/head 2; hands 2
Active Defenses: Dodge-9 (preferred), Parry 8
Gear; hip quiver 19/20, leather armor, bow, knife, sword, leather boots, leather gloves
Fast Draw arrow/knife 14

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Lette rolls out of the cart, the pacified horses trotting with dazed serenity as the driver urges them onward. Though they continue leaving twin trails of blood, the wagon moves steadily onward away from the ambush, making for the safety of a bend in the road some ways away. Lette, when she rises to her feet, finds that only her head and chest rise over the cornfields with the rest of her blocked from view. The thick waves of corn hinder movement, but also provide no small shelter for her to ready her next gambit- and give her a good view of the rest of the fight.

Martin decides to goad a spearman into action, and charges north to try to pull the centaur after him. The spearman obliges, but stays a good ten feet from the swordsman; a powerful stab downwards at Martin's thigh meets only air as the duelist spins away gracefully, spear biting into cloak rather than flesh. The fabric at his hem catches the spearpoint and holds, tug threatening to unbalance Martin- instead it is the centaur who is unbalanced, almost pulling the weapon from his hands. At the least, his grip is now obviously unsuitable to fight with, and with such an unwieldy weapon it'll take him a second to get back to a fighting stance. Alas, Martin's evasion took him far enough away that it would be difficult to capitalize himself.

Ignoring the byplay up north, Isit nocks another arrow, enchants it, and lets fly. It is, sadly, another miss, a good ten feet behind the centaur. The enchantment, however, takes care of that nicely. The arrow explodes into a small cloud of razor-sharp wood shards on hitting the ground, and a few tear through the lighter hind armor and slice into the archer's hindquarters. He lets out a surprised yelp, but doesn't seem to waver even though blood drips down his side; rather, all four archers pull their strings back, taking careful aim on the group of adventurers- Lo'el's entreaty for peace going scornfully unheeded.

Alec decides that this would be a great time to rejoin everyone else and not be exposed on his own. His guards follow, and soon prove the wisdom of not being caught out alone, for one of the guards is slower than the barbarian and falls a few yards behind. Seeing his chance, the other spearman charges in, and with a single vicious thrust slams his spearpoint home through armor, through flesh, armor again, and to the ground as he ruins the man's calf. The centaur pulls his spear back with a splatter of blood, already on his guard for retaliation, and unheeded the guard crumples to the ground with a shriek of pain clutching his ruined lower leg and dropping his sword unheeded to the ground.

Map is HERE

Lo'el moves and all out dodges. Diplomacy attempt fails (barely).
Alec moves.
Isit attempts to imbue an arrow with Shattershot-12; Roll is 5, success. She fires the arrow at A2 (13 (skill) + 3 (aim from heroic archer) - 6 (Range: 19 yards) = 10) roll is 13, miss by 3 hexes to the north, only A2 is in range of fragmentation damage. Frag roll is (15-1(range)=14), roll is 9, hit; Centaur dodge roll is 12, no dodge. Centaur A2 takes <REDACTED> cutting damage. Isit loses 1 FP.
Martin moves.
Lette moves NW into the cornfields; this counts as treacherous ground and will halve her movement while she's inside it, though she has partial but light cover. Arrow is readied.
All Centaur archers take aim; it's difficult to tell who's being aimed at.
Dolan moves.
The guards move.
Spearman 1 takes a step back and stabs at Martin's legs. (Target: 14 - 2 (targeted: legs) = 12), roll is 12, hit. Martin's dodge attempt is at 15 (10+3(retreating)+2(cloak)); roll is a ***3***!!! The spearman rolls on the critical miss table due to having a crit on a defense roll against a melee attack, and rolls a (modified) 12; the weapon turns in his hand and becomes Unready!
Spearman 2 move-and-attacks the hindmost Guard; target is (14 - 4 (move and attack) - 2 (target: leg) = 8), roll is ***4***!!! Critical hit, no dodge possible. Roll on the critical hit table is a 12; normal damage but guard drops everything. 6 penetrating damage to the guard's left leg, which is CRIPPLED- Guard falls down and drops his sword.
The wagon leaves the map.

Guard #4 is Crippled and Prone
Centaur A2 is wounded
Centaur C1's spear is unready

Alec: They're all aiming at you.
Dolan: They've all picked different targets; Isit, Alec, Martin, and you.
Lette: It's hard to see, but you're pretty sure they're not aiming at you.
Others: You can't tell where they're aiming at specifically, but they're all aiming low.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

"At least now they cannot say we did not give them a chance to end this peacefully, Miss Lette." he calls over his shoulder, trying to keep his eyes on the nearest centuar as Martin gracefully dodges it's attack. His breath then catches as he sees the attacker fumble his weapon. This was it. Even from his limited knowledge of combat, he could see Martin had given them a decent chance to attack and he did not want to waste it.

Dirt is kicked up by his hooves as he takes off at a faster pace towards the centaur, raising his spear high to strike it's chest before thrusting with all his strength.

Move and Attack. Moving just below C1 and thrusting with Spear 13 - 4 = 9

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)
Armor: DR 5 torso (front); DR 0 torso (rear)/groin/arms/legs/feet, DR 0 face/head
Active Defences: Parry-9, Dodge-9 (preferred)

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

As the engagement at close quarters begins, Lette watches one guard take a nasty strike to the leg, and Martin narrowly avoid a similar fate. There is no reflection on this, no visceral response from within; the scene is unfolding too quickly to continue to be mortified, and it is all she can do to process it all as bare information.

With hands that had already ceased to tremble, she nocks her second arrow. The archers are no longer the only threat. As such, she looks to the one menacing the fallen guard. Someone has to ruin that one's day.

Readying bow for attack next turn. Do steps still work the same in this terrain, or will it just put me between two hexes? Either way, I am stepping in the direction of the upper-right hex.

For the moment, the plan is to go after C2 next round, but that may change depending on the outcome of this one.

Weap: Shortbow-13 (readied), 1d-1 imp; Spear-12, 1d+2 imp; knife-13, 1d-1 imp/cut;
14 arrows

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec, looks at all of the archers targeting him and smiles, "Good, they finally see me as a threat!" He shouts as he runs forward "Guards, Cover your man! ATTACK! To Glory!" Alec runs forward and hefts his spear ready to prod the centaur that moved in to attack Martin.

Alec heard the cry of a solider in battle and thought nothing of it, it was going to be a glorious and bloody day. Though these monsters had the upper hand, he would fight like wolves and bring them down one by one until they fled like cowards or more of them came. Alec did not fear the dågon of death, nor should he. Weß himself runs after her master everyday, and fights it at times, turning the day into night before the wounded spirit runs again. "I will prove my worth and if I die, I die and reach Cherus's halls" Alec thought with joy. Alec's smile brightened as he finally moved in range of the centaur and thrust his spear it's full length.

movement going to move, attack at C1, try shouting at the guards to save their buddy, even though i doubt they will need help to get motivated to do that
base: 14 - 4 for move/attack = 10 capped at 9 = 9 to get a possible hit
range: two handed spear so 2, just in range
Hit Location: Random

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP-12/12  FP-15/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
Advantages:Fit	High Pain Tolerance Combat Reflexes		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (2h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Broadsword-14	in scabbard	1D+3 cut/ 1D cr		
	Buckler	        on back 	1D-1 cr	
Armor:	Torso: DR 4/2 cr,Skull/Face: DR: 2,Hands: DR:2,Feet: DR:2 
Active Defenses:Dodge-10(14)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                (retreat dodge if possible against charges)
                Parry-11[14][retreat-parry against melee attacks], Block-11

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 20, 2012

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Martin de Mignolet

Martin continues to grin like a madman as he pulls his cloak back, ripping his enraged opponent's spear out of place as he does. "You only get one mistake, my friend," he needles with an almost manic sort of mirth as he steps in to challenge.

Okay, you may want to double-check this with me before you process since I'm not 100% on how this all interacts, but I checked with a couple of them on IRC beforehand. I'm going to explain this in detail since you're not around right now.

I am going to move one hex N and two hexes NE, which puts me two hexes away and blocks me off from the archers. I am going to declare an all-out attack (determined) with rapid strike, using the thrusting attack with the jian (which is range 2) and have the first hit target the vitals; I will also use extra effort on the first attack to add 2 damage if it hits. My impression is it should be two hits at -3 (thanks to weapon master), +4 to the first hit, -3 again to the first hit for the called shot, and +1 all around for the size modifier. So: if I've done the math correctly, it should be 2 hits at effective skill 15 and 14 (with whatever other modifiers are applicable that I don't know about). If I've done this seriously wrong, or if it flat out can't be done at all, let me know on IRC and I'll fix poo poo or re-order.

stat block posted:

ST: 12 DX: 14 IQ: 11 HT: 10
HP: 12/12 FP: 10/10 WILL: 11 PER: 11 Speed: 6 Move: 6
Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Enhanced Parry/Rapier, Rapier Wit, Weapon Master
Weapons: Jian, fine (readied), large knife, shortbow (10 arrows)
Jian damage: skill 16, thr 1d+3, sw 2d+1
Knife damage: skill 14, thr 1d, sw 1d
Bow damage: skill 13, thr 1d-1
Shield: Cloak, Heavy (readied)
Armor: DR2 torso/hands/arms/feet
Defenses: Parry 13 (preferred vs. melee, retreating parry when possible), Block 11, Dodge 10 (preferred vs. ranged/charges, retreating dodge when possible); +2 to all against arcs where cloak applies
Note: I will always add retreating to active defenses where possible, since it's a very fencing thing to do.

REVISED ORDER: no rapid strike. AOA (determined), called shot to vitals. Should be effective skill 18.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 20, 2012

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Dolan marvels at the surprising grace of the nobleman, with his small blade and his weapon-grabbing cloak. He refuses to believe that the man did that on purpose, but the opening was there, and he would take it. Rushing forward, he moves in without the fanfair of his northern companion, looking to finish the job that the nobleman began. Blood had been drawn; it was time for payment.

pre:
Move and attack, will end up 1 hex NW of Alec's proposed move.
Targetting the hand holding the weapon.

HP:10/10 FP:10/12 Will:12 Per:12 Speed:5.75 Move:4

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

Isit winces when the guard goes down. The wound he had was pretty similar to the one that felled her during the war. He'd probably survive if they ended it soon. Seeing the archers aim, the elf decided they were either trying to finish off the poor man for some inexplicable reason, or trying to hit their legs. Hopefully they were bad shots. They needed to end this, and quickly. Taking a deep breath, Isit bellows her best drill Sargent impersonation. "Guards! Defend your brother! Send that creature to hell!" Drawing back her bow, she aims at the wounded archer once more. If they got shots off, this would not end well for them.

quote:

A2 getting shot at again.

HP 12/12, FP 10/12, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.25, BM-6
Weapons: Bow 13, Composite Bow (readied) 1d+2 imp
Armor: DR 2 torso (front); groin 2; arms 2; legs 2; feet 2; face/head 2; hands 2
Active Defenses: Dodge-9 (preferred), Parry 8
Gear; hip quiver 19/20, leather armor, bow, knife, sword, leather boots, leather gloves
Fast Draw arrow/knife 14

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

The tide of adventurers surges forward, trying to bear down the centaur with a mass of flailing, weaker attacks. The spearman in question doesn't bother trying to get his spear ready to defend himself, but dances and pivots like a quadrupedal dancer to avoid a seemingly endless series of blows. One particularly fierce thrust, right at where the lung should be, is met with the spearman actually jumping two feet to the side in a standing clattering leap; so powerful was his thrust that Martin almost falls on his face when the tip of his sword meets air instead of flesh, but he manages not to fall. Isit fires an arrow, and Lette prepares to; but the elf's arrow misses again, her aim perhaps thrown off by being unfamiliar with how to properly lead such a large and oddly-shaped target.

Seeing that the farm girl is not obviously doing anything threatening, and that the other centaurs are holding their own against the others, the other spearman leaves the guard to bleed in peace and begins a thundering, looping charge around the swarm of guards that tries to halt him- though for a frightening second he appears willing to run down Isit and impale her on his spear, he instead comes to an abrupt halt a few yards away and lashes out at her leg as he had just the guard's. This time, however, his aim is askew, and the spearhead thuds hard into the loose stone of the road.

And then the archers let fly. Every one of them targeting a different person- with one of the archers edging just to one side to get a better view- and every one of them aiming for the lower legs. Two arrows clatter off the ground harmlessly, missing Alec and Isit easily, but the other two bite hard. Martin- who still remains standing- and the dwarf feel a flare of pain as arrowheads plunge into their legs. Both of them can still move and support weight, but the pain is severe and the wounds already starting to bleed.

"Reeee-load!" the hindmost archer bellows.

Lo'el 6.5
Alec 6.25
Isit 6.25
Martin 6.0 (7/12 HP)
Lette 6.0
Centaur Archers 1-4 6.0 (A2: injured, unready)
Dolan 5.75 (6/10 HP)
Guards 1-4 5.75 (Guard 4: 5/11 HP, crippled, prone, unarmed)
Centaur Spearmen 1-2 5.5

Lo'el moves and attacks with a target of 9: Roll is 10, miss.
Alec moves and attacks, also with a target of 9: Roll is 16, miss.
Isit draws and fires at A2; Target is (13 + 3 (Aim) - 6 (Range) + 1 (SM)) = 11) roll is 14, miss.
Martin moves as specified and takes an all out attack with a target of (16 + 1 (SM) + 4(AoA) - 3 (Vitals) = 18), roll is 13; FP spent for extra effort. Centaur spends a FP on feverish dodge and rolls a 4, CRITICAL SUCCESS. Roll for Martin is a 13; -2 to active defenses until next turn (lost balance), but that doesn't really matter for him does it?
Lette readies an arrow and steps (You can still step 1 hex in treacherous terrain.)
Centaur Archers WAIT.
Dolan moves and attacks; Target is (14 - 4 (Move and attack) + 1 (SM) - 4 (Targeting hand) = 7); roll is 12, miss
Guard #3 moves to interpose self between the downed guard and the centaur, and move-and-attacks at a target of 9; roll is 13, miss.
The other guards rush towards their downed comrade.
Guard #4 rolls to shake off stun, result is 6- Guard is combat-capable, more or less.
Centaur Spearman #1 retreats.
Centaur Spearman #2 moves around and does a move and atack on Isit, targeting the bow arm; Target is 8, roll is 11, miss.
Centaur Archers' waits deactivate! (Trigger: Spearman 1 getting out of the line of fire)
Centaur Archer #1 steps north and fires at Martin (Target: 11); Roll is 11, hit! No dodge possible! 5 HP damage to Martin- just one shy of crippling the leg! No shock, no stun.
Centaur Archer #2 fires at Alec's leg (Target: 10); roll is 13, miss
Centaur Archer #3 fires at Isit's bow arm (Target: 9); roll is 13, miss
Centaur Archer #4 fires at Dolan's leg (Target: 10); roll is 10. Dodge roll is 15, miss; Dolan takes 4 HP damage to a leg, two shy of crippling the leg.

Map: HERE

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

"Take them alive," the one had said, and sure enough, they go for non-lethal attacks. Non-lethal, but still quite painful and more than annoying. Dolan doesn't give them the satisfaction of crying out. Pain was temporary, and as long as he didn't over-exert himself here then he could heal himself, the nobleman, and the injured guard quickly enough.

But first he had to exert himself. Blinking through the pain, he begins to Draw. This time the only horses to disturb him were the ones trying to kill him. Motivation was always a significant factor in Dolan's life.

pre:
Spending 2 FP on Stone Missile, but not finishing the cast yet due to shock penalties.

HP:6/10 FP:7/12 Will:12 Per:12 Speed:5.75 Move:4
Mental Strength 14 to keep concentration while dodging/taking damage

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He grits his teeth as his spear catches nothing but air. He would never expect a centaur to be so spry. That was something they certainly left out of the stories. His ears catch the sound of flying arrows, and he turns just in time to watch with wide eyes as the arrows pierce into his companions. Thankfully they were still standing and the damage did not look too severe, but the sheer sight of it causes the unfamiliar feeling of sheer anger to course through his body.

Charging forward once more, he lines his spear up as adrenaline flows through him, ready for another strike at the fleeing centaur. This time, the centaur would not be so lucky. This time, the faun knew he would not miss.

Moving NE by 3 and All-out Attacking (Determined) to C1's chest. Just in range for a two-handed attack.

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherus

Alec saw the monster back off, avoiding the blow, the arrows went wide and hit Doran and Marten. "Missed me you cows! Don't fight like cowards!" Alec rushes forward and puts all his energy into an attack, with the arrows done, it will take a little while to reload if they can rush the archers now, and get this spear cow out of the way they could slay these monsters. He turns to his comrades and shouts "Don't mind the sting, just slay these murders!" before he begins his approach.

move moving forward 3 and doing an all out attack(determined)
to hit: base 14 + 4 aoa = 18 - 3 vitals = 15
range: length 2
hit location: Vitals

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (2h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler	        on back 	1D-1 cr	
Active Defenses:non AOA

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

"drat." An interjection for two reasons: one, he missed; two, he's been shot. He was familiar with that feeling, but he didn't like it much. Time to press forward regardless. They'd pay for this.

Four hexes NE, two N (or 3 NE 2 N 1 NE or whatever gets me most safely to that spot), move-and-attack thrust targeting A1, targeting vitals (since it's capped at 9 anyway, so why not?). I'll be doing retreating dodge + feverish defense against C1 if he attacks me, preferably retreating N if possible.

stat block posted:

HP: 7/12 FP: 9/10 WILL: 11 PER: 11 Speed: 6 Move: 6
Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Enhanced Parry/Rapier, Rapier Wit, Weapon Master
Defenses: Parry 13 (preferred vs. melee, retreating parry when possible), Block 11, Dodge 10 (preferred vs. ranged/charges, retreating dodge when possible); +2 to all against arcs where cloak applies
Note: I will always add retreating to active defenses where possible, since it's a very fencing thing to do.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Her target draws closer. So much the better. Lette peers at the creature, lining up her shot as carefully and as determinedly as she can in the span of a split second.

Inhale. Exhale. She let fly her volley.

AoA! C2! Bow 13 +1(sm) -4(distance) +1 AoA = 11! Random location!

13 arrows

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

She just blinks once as the centaur charges towards her. Forced into melee with a bigger, armored opponent was never good, and she never like fighting fair. Isit sighed as she drew her short sword. At least the northman seemed to be having fun.

Ugh melee. Doing things in this order unless I get speared: Readying sword, feverish defense, using Annihilating Weapon-12 Defensively

Weapons: Bow 13, Composite Bow 1d+2 imp
Active Defenses: Dodge-9 , Parry 8 (preferred)
Fast Draw arrow/knife 14

NoControl fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 20, 2012

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Still, the heroes charge onward- and this time, not even the inhumanly graceful dance of the centaur can avoid everyone's spears. Both Lo'el and Alec stick their spears into the sides of the 'monster' as it fends off Martin's assault, and both- though the barbarian far more than the faun- are rewarded with entirely human bit-off shrieks of pain and a spurt of blood. The centaur spearman retreats, getting to the rear of the fight and putting the archers between himself and his tormentors- those three archers, as one, drop their bows and draw wickedly sharp looking swords. "This isn't going particularly well- we don't have time to play the waiting game. Move in, cripple one, and drag him off and we'll have done our jobs- we've already got half of what we need!" the hindmost archer (apparently what passes for a leader, among the bandits) calls out. The lone archer left to the side of the wagons calmly draws and nocks another arrow, not feeling particular need to resort to close combat just yet.

Isit draws her sword, and readies herself to receive another blow from the soldier... but the centaur runs around the elf, building up a head of steam and aiming squarely at the farm girl half-concealed by the corn. Lette releases and arrow, but it only scores a glancing blow on the hind hoof, and just like that the centaur is on her. The bloody spear is held out to one side; instead of that lethal blow, the centaur lowers his shoulder and slams squarely into Lette's chest with incredible force. No ribs feel like they break, but only because the borrowed chestplate dents considerably to spare its wearer the worst of the blow. The raw force, however, is enough to send Lette flying in the air several feet before landing in a heap deeper in the cornfield.

Once more, Dolan attempts to bring the stones into being to fling them at his enemies. Unfortunately, they come into being above his head, and fall on it.

ROUND FIVE

Lo'el runs in and all out attacks C1 (target: 13 + 4 (AoA) + 1 (SM) = 18), roll is 11, hit. Centaur's dodge roll is a 9, fail. Some damage penetrates.
Alec runs in and also all out attacks C1 (target: 14 + 4 (AoA) + 1 (SM) - 3 (Vitals) = 16), roll is 9, hit; Centaur's dodge roll is a 14, fail. Significant damage penetrates.
Isit drops her bow, pulls her sword, and gets ready to defend.
Martin move and attacks (note: CANNOT retreat after a move-and-attack), target is 9: roll is 12, miss
Lette all out fires her arrow at C2, target 11; roll is 10, hit. Dodge roll is a 9, fail. Hits, but no damage penetrates.
Centaur Archer 1 drops its bow and pulls a sword, as do Archers 3 and 4. Centaur Archer 2 fast draws an arrow and loads it.
Dolan burns FP and begins casting. The roll is 18. He burns 2 FP, the spell fails, and he takes 1 HP of damage for his trouble.
Guards move, and the prone one lays still; Guard #2 move and attacks C2, target is 9- roll is 8, hit. Dodge is 14, miss; some damage penetrates.
Centaur Spearman 1 retreats.
Centaur Spearman 2 CHARGES Lette. Target is 13, roll is 11. No dodge is possible. Centaur does 9 (5 soaked by armor) crushing damage and takes 2 crushing damage (all soaked by armor); Lette flies one hex and falls down automatically, and is prone with 4 HP damage penetrating.

Lo'el 6.5
Alec 6.25
Isit 6.25
Martin 6.0 (7/12 HP)
Lette 6.0 (7/11 HP, prone, Shock (-4))
Centaur Archers 1-4 6.0 (A2: injured)
Dolan 5.75 (5/10 HP)
Centaur Spearmen 1-2 5.5 (C1: seriously injured, C2: injured)

Map: HERE

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 20, 2012

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

Martin was beginning to get a little annoyed. These guys - the centaurs - were obviously trained, not the schmucks around the old Barony. He decided it was time to stop messing around. Knees flexing, he went in for a lunge at the nearest archer, twirling his wrist like a pinwheel for the disengage to ensure his target would be unable to avoid.

Step NE, thrust attack on A1, deceptive attack for -4 to my skill and -2 to their defenses; again, feverish defense if I need to along with retreating dodge/parry as appropriate. Should need a 13.

stat block posted:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec roared as his spear found his mark screaming at the retreating centaur "Is that how you want to be remembered? As a coward? Come meet your death like a Man!" Alec watched the archers drop their bows and unleash their steel. "Finally some who fight with honor!" Alec takes a step forward and undoes his buckler from his back and puts it on. "Lor El, go and attack, I will follow, but I want to make this... more honorable." Alec wields the spear one handed with his buckler and bangs on his shield trying to distract the bandits.

move readying my buckler and taking a step forward.

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (1h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler	        readied 	1D-1 cr	
Active Defenses:Dodge-11(15)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                (retreat dodge if possible against charges)
                Parry-12, 
                Block-12[15][retreat-block against melee attacks]

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 20, 2012

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

A second time, she released an arrow. A second time, it struck true. A second time, it made no impression.

Well, perhaps it made some impression. It certainly turned her target's head, along with the rest of his considerable mass, which promptly rushed at the chance to meet so fine an archer. The ground was a blunt comfort, the only thing that felt stable as her vision spun, her ears rang, and her lungs rushed to put signs all around town in the hopes that someone had seen which way her breath had fled.

Hard to say how long it was between her attempt to drag in air and her eventual success. Couldn't have been but a fraction of a second, but oh, how it dragged on...

"Up," she mutely mouthed. Can't give in yet. He's right there, and he's got a damned spear. She moved as quickly as her body would permit — which is to say, not all that quickly at all.

Change Posture to kneeling. Feverish defense, +2 dodge. 9 base -2 kneeling +2 feverish = 9, and attempts to target me are at -2 for smaller effective size, plus whatever additional confusion the corn cover adds.

HP 7/11, FP 11/12, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.00, BM-6
13 arrows

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 19, 2012

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The centaurs fought like the northman fought, lots of running about. Still, it was to be expected from horses. Readying herself for the blow, Isit braces herself. Then the blasted creature breezes past her and attacks Lette. Bastard made her drop the bow now this. The elf growls, and grips her sword. Bastard wouldn't charge another if she had anything to say about it.

Moving up to centaur menacing Lette, All out Attack to vitals
Fast Draw arrow/knife 14

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Some dark God had a sense of humor it seemed. Either that, or Dolan was so out of practice that he couldn't make a simple ball of rock. He'd have to spend some time with his books, but he couldn't focus on that right now. Things needed to be done. They needed to be done right.

pre:
Trying again, Earthen Missile 13, spending 2 FP if it succeeds

HP:5/10 FP:7/12 Will:12 Per:12 Speed:5.75 Move:4

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

There is no shout of joy or battle cry from the faun as his spear hits his target. By comparison to Alec, he's almost silent as the rush of battle overtakes him. Once more the centaur turns and flees, but at least he would be taking some scars with him this time. Perhaps if they could keep up the charge, their foes would soon decide that the wounds were not worth the risk and retreat.

"Understood." he says to Alec with a nod. "They certainly are good at running away." Then, with another fiercely determined charge, he lines up his spear and moves in to strike the closest of their attackers.

Moving 3 N then 2 NE for a Move and Attack to A1. Spear 13 - 4 = 9

Lo'el
Acute Hearing (2)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

The now sword-bearing archers move up in a line, taking the worst that the heroes can give; Lo'el's wild spear thrust just misses his target, but in so dodging the soldier moves right into Martin's blade. A wild swing of his sword misses Martin's thrust, and the swordsman feels his blade go in several inches before pulling out soaked with blood, and the centaur bellows in pain. Hearing his comrade's pain, one of the other centaurs charges in heedless of the danger and wildly chops at the faun's arm (apparently not caring to go for the legs when one of their own is in mortal danger); the faun's attempt to spring out of the way fails, and the blade cuts all the way down to the bone before releasing. That arm will be useless until a very good healer gets to look at it; it can't even hold up its half of the spear, anymore. "Stop loving around!" The leader-archer calls, trotting to the other side of his injured comrade and holding his blade up to Martin in a ready position. "Grab one of those ones you're dicking around with and let's get out of here, Andrius!"

"A bit busy-" the centaur well behind much of the fighting manages as both Isit and one of the guards mob him. Both swords flash out, boring through the lighter leather armor on his horse flank. Neither strike is as decisive as they'd like, but the blood seeping from the wounds provides ample reassurance that their blows are starting to tell.

"GET OFF OF ME!" The afflicted centaur roars, craning his neck away from Lette to look at his tormentors. Acting on pure instinct, he bunches the muscles in his hindquarters and kicks behind him at the elf. His hoof, appallingly, catches Isit right under the chin with the force of a roundhouse punch; mercifully, she can still breathe as she staggers a step backwards, but not very well and the wooziness from the pain starts to cloud her mind.

NC wins the Bad Luck competition for the fight.

Lo'el moves and attacks, target is 9; roll is 11, miss
Alec moves and readies his buckler.
Isit all out attacks C2; Target is 14 (13 + 4(AOA) - 3 (Vitals) + 1 (SM) = 15); roll is 9, hit. Centaur dodges, roll is 10- no dodge. Some damage penetrates.
Martin steps and thrusts; Target is (16 - 4 (Deceptive)+ 1 (SM) = 13), roll is 8. Centaur A1 attempts to parry with a -2 penalty, roll is 8; fail. Significant damage penetrates. Centaur avoids stun.
Lette rises to her knees.
Centaur A1 slashes at Lo'el's right arm; Target is 10, roll is 12, miss. A1 retreats one step.
Centaur A2 aims. Nobody can quite tell who he's aiming at.
Centaur A3 all out attacks Lo'el's right arm. Taret is 14, roll is 10, success. Lo'el's dodge is 11, failure; 7 damage to Lo'el's right arm, which is crippled. No stun. Lo'el is in Shock (-4)
Centaur A4 repositions.
Dolan begins to cast, roll is 11: success.
Guard 1 move-and-attacks Centaur C2; Target is 9, roll is 8, success. Centaur's dodge roll is 14, no dodge. Some damage penetrates.
Guards 2 and 3 take up position defending Guard 4.
Guard 4 picks up his sword.
Centaur C1 readies his spear and steps.
Centaur C2 kicks Isit in a random hit location. Target is 11, roll is 6, hit. No dodge possible. Hit location roll is
[10:19] <Mukbot> Lunchkaikubo, 3d6: 18 [3d6=6,6,6]
Hit location is the neck. 9 damage. Isit is in Shock (-4). HT roll is 12, success; no stun.

Lo'el 6.5 (5/12 HP, Shock (-4), 1 crippled arm)
Alec 6.25
Isit 6.25 (3/12 HP, Shock (-4))
Martin 6.0 (7/12 HP)
Lette 6.0 (7/11 HP, kneeling)
Centaur Archers 1-4 6.0 (A1: seriously injured, A2: injured)
Dolan 5.75 (6/10 HP)

New Map: Here

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec laughs as the centaur slices into the fauns arm! "Lor'El, congratulations! Your first battle scar! You will wear it well! Get back and compose yourself, the first one is always the worst!" Alec readies his stance, and prepares himself to lunge at the archer "Come at me! Give me a good fight, and I'll promise you a glorious death! Do not waste your life on cowardice!" Alec looks into the centaurs eyes and steels himself.

Move: conditional Orders: Wait, Attack - wait until a centaur comes within 2 hexs of me, then advance one into range and Attack with Mighty Blow (-1 fp)
to hit: base 14
range: length 1
hit location: Random

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
Weapons:Spear-14	readied (1h)	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler	        readied 	1D-1 cr	
Active Defenses:Dodge-11(15)(Feverish Defense + acrobatic dodge + dodge against missiles/charges (acrobatics 13)) (-1 Fp)
                [14][retreat dodge if possible against charges]
                Parry-12, 
                Block-12[15][retreat-block against melee attacks]

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 21, 2012

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He screams in agony as the sword cuts deep, letting his arm hang limply by his side as he barely keeps hold of his spear with the other. The pain was unlike anything he had felt before and was far worse then he could possibly imagine. Staggering back, he berates himself for being so drat foolish as to charge in head first like some unbeatable hero. It was no wonder to him now why most of his kind never left the safety of the herd. Fauns were not made for conflicts such as this.

Dazed and beaten, he steps away from the conflict and begins to hope more then ever that this chaos ends before any more damage can be done to himself or his companions.

Stepping SW by 3 and AoD (Dodge).

Lo'el
HP 5/12, FP 14/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Weapons: Spear-13, 1d+2 imp,thr +3; Sling-12, 1d+1 pi
Active Defences: Parry-9, Dodge-11 (preferred)

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

Despite being unused to fighting alongside so many allies, Martin instinctively stepped backwards smartly to help shield the retreating faun. He wasn't sure exactly how bad the hit was, but from the sound Lo'el made there was no doubt that it was bad enough. His own injury seemed to bother him much less. Surely the pain would come like fire once the fight was over, but for now he would manage. A thought crossed his mind as he steeled himself for the next approach.

Sparing a quick glance at the centaur that had just struck his ally, Martin grinned and began to speak. "Where'd you learn to swing a sword? From a dairy farmer? Best stop swinging it like a feather-duster or you might never make contact again."

Step SW (the hex N of where Lo'el should be now) and conditional orders: wait, attack. On the first target to get within 2 hexes, Martin will attack with the jian (thrust attack once again), deceptive attack for -4 to my skill and -2 to their defenses; again, feverish defense if I need to along with retreating dodge/parry as appropriate. Should need a 13. Also, I will use extra effort for +2 damage if it hits. If there are multiple possible targets, my preference is to hit whichever one it is that appears to be the leader - I think it's A4 based on the last post, but if I'm wrong feel free to correct it.

Also, using Rapier Wit on A3 on a 13, hoping to stun him - or redirect him onto me instead of Lo'el. So glad it's a free action.

stat block posted:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Distantly, Dolan heard a pair of pained screams from further up the road, followed by a crunching, choking gasp from behind him. The runes were in him now, the power flowed through him, dulling the sensation and his own pain. The world seemed nothing more than a series of detached events that could be analyzed and calculated. He had to be careful not to lose himself in it, to deny the world and his place in it. He could still affect it, however lightly. This, however, would require still a bit more effort.

pre:

stepping 1 hex NE
Charging my missile with another 2 fp

HP:5/10 FP:5/12 Will:12 Per:12 Speed:5.75 Move:4
Defense: feverish Dodge 9, parry 13 in melee

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Through the foliage, Lette could barely make out the shape of Isit taking a nasty-looking kick. The situation was no less frantic than when she'd left.

Lette pulled the spear off her back as she rose, pressing it into the ground to aid her return to full height. Three against one. Maybe they'd yet live to rejoin the others.

"Are you alright?" she croaked at Isit. The words barely seemed to carry past her mouth.

Dropping bow as a free action. Ready maneuver to procure spear, wielded in two hands, range 2. Shifting from kneeling to standing as my step.

Weap: Shortbow-13, 1d-1 imp; Spear-12 (readied), 1d+2 imp; knife-13, 1d-1 imp/cut;
13 arrows

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The pleased feeling Iist gets upon injuring the centaur is quickly surpassed by the extreme pain of being kicked by a gods-drat centaur. She had considered it briefly when charging, but the reality was much more painful. Steeling herself for another kick, or perhaps the spear, Isit stands her ground as best she can. Nodding at Lette's query, she sways and spits at the creature. "Well gently caress." Gripping her sword, she waits for the blow.

All out defense, increased defense to parry. Using Annihilating weapon-12 defensively if I get a parry. If.

HP 3/12, FP 10/12, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.25, BM-6
Fast Draw arrow/knife 14

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Martin's barb seems to sink home for a second, as the centaur turns and stares him in the face, cheeks reddening slightly. Then, the centaur asks, in a very unpleasant voice, "Sir... our orders... we can say one of them died on accident, can't we? As long as we bring back a prisoner or three for our troubles? Maybe even not mention anything about casualties."

The leader snorts, shaking his head back and forth, and then finally says, "I'll... look the other way. GO!"

And then all three of the former archers rush forward- even the injured one- and mob Lo'el, Alec, and Martin with sweeping slices no longer at leg level, but going for arm and torso wounds; not the neck yet, but much closer to where death could result as an 'accident'. Lo'el barely avoids the leader's blade at stomach-height, whizzing past and through with lethal intent; Martin too manages to avoid the wild slash, ducking under it and ramming his sword home again into the centaur's abdomen. It teeters, gritting its teeth and grunting weakly, but the centaur doesn't fall yet; the blood pooling around its hooves is getting larger rapidly, though.

Alec, however... stepping towards the oncoming centaur, he gets his spear stuck into the horse-side of the torso facing him. It's a wound. Not as much as he'd like, but he's hurt the centaur. And then the return stroke slams into his spear arm just south of the shoulder, and hits so hard Alec can feel the bone break along with the pain of flesh ripping under the blade's edge. The spear drops from his suddenly nerveless hands.

Magic is afoot, promising to come to the rescue as Dolan builds a swarm of stones in the air ready to launch as heavy artillery into the centaurs' flanks. But then the last archer, having finished aiming at Dolan, lets fly his arrow. It's not a wonderful shot. It hits him in the lower torso, a few inches north of the waist and almost far enough to one side to bounce off his armor... but it's got enough force to penetrate armor and stick into his side. It's not a huge wound... but the sudden additional flare of pain, the ache in his head from the stone falling on it, it combines and Dolan can feel with a sickening lurch his concentration slip and fail. And then the swarm of stones blasts into his front, knocking him almost over and almost unconscious- but still upright even if bleeding heavily.

"Sir!" The wounded centaur calls, slightly more faintly. "I'm hit, sir. Do we pursue?" The spearman comes up behind the other wounded centaur, holding his readied spear in one hand and ready to defend his compatriot. "We can still win this, sir-"

"But can we do it without getting any of you killed?" The leader shoots Lo'el opposite from him a scornful look, and adds, "Or you, come to that... Grab a hostage, I'll keep their fighters busy! Wounded to the rear, on the trot!"

Hearing this, the southerly centaur nods almost in a horridly friendly way at Isit, "That's my cue. Excuse me-" And then he's gone, sprinting around and past the elf towards the guards. As he goes, the boldest of the guards manages to bring his shortsword down in an overhead smash trying to cut the centaur's spine- it's a valiant effort, but though the blade cuts deep through armor the centaur keeps moving towards his already downed foe. He lashes out, trying to impale another calf, but just misses.

Lo'el moves and begins all out defends.
Alec waits.
Isit stays in place and all out defends.
Martin waits; Rapier Wit is against an 11 (13 - 2 (Repeated in one battle)); roll is 18, critical failure. Centaur A3 acquires Bloodlust! Centaur A3 calls on other centaurs to stop playing softball and go for the real shots!
Lette pulls her spear and moves to standing.
Centaur A1 All out-attacks Martin with a -4/-2 deceptive attack, targeting the arm! Target is 12, roll is 6, hit. Martin's dodge roll with feverish and retreating and with the deception is 13, roll is 11, success
Martin counterattacks- roll is against 13, roll is 12, hit. No dodge possible. Some damage penetrates.
Centaur A2 steps and fires at Dolan's torso, target 11; roll is 11. Dodge attempt is against a target of 12 (with feverish defense), roll is 15, dodge fails! 2 penetrating damage to Dolan. (Will-3) roll to continue enlarging missile is a 7, success! Will roll to not get hit with his own missile is a 15, fail! Dolan is hit for 6 crushing damage. HT roll against stun, success. HT roll to remain conscious, success.
Centaur A3 all out attacks Alec, targeting spear arm, -4/-2 deceptive attack. Target is 11, roll is 4, critical success. Double normal shock (HPT, none). 12 damage penetrates, one shy of what would sever the arm. Excess damage over crippling is lost; arm is crippled, 6 damage penetrates.
Alec's counterattack goes in, target is 14 and roll is 11, hit. No dodge possible. Some damage penetrates.
Centaur A4 all out attacks Lo'el's torso, -4/-2 deceptive attack. Target is 11, roll is 8. Lo'el's dodge roll is an 8, success.
Guard 1 all out attacks C2 (target: 17), roll is 8 for a hit; C2's dodge roll is a 15, fail. Significant damage penetrates!
Guards 2 and 3 ready attacks and wait!
Guard 4 does nothing!
Centaur C1 moves forward!
Centaur C2 move and attacks Guard 2, targeting the leg again. Target is 9, roll is 12, miss.

Lo'el 6.5 (5/12 HP)
Alec 6.25 (6/12 HP, crippled spear arm)
Isit 6.25 (3/12 HP)
Martin 6.0 (7/12 HP)
Lette 6.0 (7/11 HP)
Centaur Archers 1-4 6.0 (A1: seriously injured, A2: injured, A3: injured)
Dolan 5.75 (-2/10 HP, Shock(4))
Guards 1-4 5.75 (Guard 4: 5/11 HP, crippled, prone)

Map is here: HERE

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Martin de Mignolet

"You could just leave. No one has to die today," said Martin smugly as he stepped in to continue drawing his opponents' attention. He'd seen Alec take a bad wound out of the corner of his eye; even though he didn't have any concept of what had happened to Dolan he knew it was desperate for the rest of them. It was time to lead the line, he thought as he let the jian's blade flick out in a rare slash.

Step NE, and do a cutting attack at A4. Deceptive attack for -4/-2 again against that target, once again should need a 13. Parry first for defenses, then dodge; feverish defense on dodge again if it comes up. I guess also a diplomacy or fast-talk roll to get them to retreat without taking a hostage, if appropriate?

stat block posted:

HP: 7/12 FP: 7/10 WILL: 11 PER: 11 Speed: 6 Move: 6

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Alec Cherusci

Alec winces at first form the shattering of his arm, his spear drops but his blood frenzy is at its highest and it is in the midst of a great battle and he knew he was prepared to die, he turned to centaur to the right of him and said "Yes! That is a fight! No more Cowardice! Come Lor'El let us fight and die side by side like shield brothers, The murderous leader will die by our hand!" Alec tries to point to his shield but cannot and instead steps closer to the leader and uses his shield as a weapon. "As long as I breathe, I will fight you, monsters. Lor'El you are a true warrior, it is an honor to fight at your side!"

move I step forward and Attack A4 the supposed leader with my shield using Mighty Blow (-1 fp)
Base: 14 + 1 SM = 15
range: 1
Hit Location: Random

code:
Alec Cherusci					
ST-12	DX-13	IQ-10	HT-12		
HP-6/12  FP-14/15   Will-10  Per-10  BS-6.25 BM-6
Weapons:Spear-14	Dropped 	1D+1/ 1D+2 (2hand) imp	
	Buckler-14	readied left	1D-1 cr	
                [14][retreat dodge if possible against charges]
                Parry-12, 
                Block-12[17][retreat-block against melee attacks + 2 for feverish defense] -1 FP

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 21, 2012

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Lo'el

He tries to block out the untold pain he feels in his arm as blood begins to flow down to his fingertips. Watching Alec take a much more deadly blow and brushing it off as if it were nothing is all the courage and hope he needs in this moment to continue on. "Spirits bless you Alec. Will shall still sing songs of our victory here! This I promise!"

Fixing his gaze on the centaur before him, he finally lets loose his best battle cry as he thrusts his spear forward towards it's mark.

Attacking A4 and also using Mighty Blow at the cost of 1 FP.

Lo'el
HP 5/12, FP 14/14, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.5, BM-6
Acute Hearing (2)
Weapons: Spear-13 (readied) 1h, 1d+1 imp,thr +3; Sling-12, 1d+1 pi

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Dolan

Dark Gods indeed. Something was wrong, very wrong. Dolan hadn't been in combat this feverish since before the Change. He could have been out of practice, or maybe the Change was more profound than he thought. He filed away the decision to do more research later. In the present, he staggers up towards his foes, Drawing quickly as he goes. Fortune willing, he would survive the next few seconds to see something work for a change.

pre:
Moving 1 N, 1 NE
Casting rain of stones (13) centered 5 NE of my new position
Spending all 6 FP for 3 radius and 2d-2 damage
Excluding allies from the damage obviously

HP:-2/10 FP:6(0)/12 Will:12 Per:12 Speed:5.75 Move:4
Defense: feverish Dodge 9, parry 13 in melee

Gus Hobbleton fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 21, 2012

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Isit

The elf blinks at the centaur, and unconsciously nods. If she was on the other end, likely she'd be trying to get a rise out of him. But she wasn't she was wounded, hearing horrible scrams, and half unconscious from that loving smug centaur kicking her face. This was why she liked to be the one doing ambushing. Arrow in an enemy's back was worth all the honor some knights and northers raved about. "Alright. Lette, guardsman, form up and move to the drat dwarf. Don't separate. We guard each others backs."

All out defense, increased defense to parry. Using Annihilating weapon-12 defensively if I get a parry. Moving sloooowly towards Dolan.

HP 3/12, FP 10/12, Will-12, Per-13, BS-6.25, BM-6

Fast Draw arrow/knife 14

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Lette

Leaving her bow, Lette followed the centaur out of the field. It did not appear the others were faring much better than she had.

Scarcely sure how to proceed, Lette looks around, utterly disoriented. Should she aid the others? Or the fallen soldier, for whom the centaur doubled back? It was too much to process. She looked to Isit for a cue.

Moving. If Isit moves north, I will form up and also do this. Staying along the outskirts of the corn.

Weap: Shortbow-13, 1d-1 imp; Spear-12 (readied), 1d+2 imp; knife-13, 1d-1 imp/cut;
13 arrows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Spurred into fresh attacks by the centaurs' declaration of intent, the three upright fighters push forward and try to subdue the leader of their attackers. Alec's shield thuds repeatedly against the centaur's armored shoulder, who more or less ignores it; The faun and Martin find better luck, blades again wounding the last uninjured centaur. The faun's spear barely pushes through the leather, but Martin scores another hit that he knows has to be telling; fresh red blood colors the stone, but the thrice-damned centaur stays upright... but they all begin to retreat. Not without passing attacks as they trot backwards (itself a remarkable display of agility from healthy equines, let alone wounded ones). They seem, perhaps because of the repeated insults, to be focusing on Martin; only one blade strikes near him, with just a desperate sweep turning a centaur's blade from his good leg, but the unheeded spearman quickly jabs into Martin's thigh before backing off. The wound is, again, painful- but again, the man can stay upright and walk, albeit slowed.

Further south, as Lette, Isit, and one of the guards rush to his aid, Dolan tries one last time to form a spell to punish the centaurs for their attack. The pain is too great- the distance too far- and the runes don't form. Instead, the dwarf feels his mind shutting down at last from his injuries, blacking out before he hits the ground. The other two centaurs, meanwhile, charge towards the downed guard and his two sentinel comrades. The archer, not deigning to draw a blade, lowers shoulder and plows into one- unlike with Lette, he only strikes a glancing blow, though it's enough to knock the guard flat on his back (though he begins struggling to his knees immediately). The last guard fearlessly steps towards the wounded spearman centaur, and brings his shortsword around in a long arc... that speaks just a few inches short of the centaur's neck.

"Bugger THAT-" the spearman shouts, and reflexively slams his spear home not into the guard's leg, but his lung. It pushes through breastplate and armor and flesh, though not a mortal through-and-through wound; still, when the centaur pulls out his weapon, the guard crumples in a boneless heap. "Scouts! We are LEAVING, get your package and get to galloping!" The leader calls... but in a much weaker voice.

Lo'el stabs, with a target of 14 (13(skill) + 1 (SM)), roll is 12, hit; no dodge possible. Some damage penetrates
Alec steps and attacks, with a target of 15: roll is 11, hit, and no dodge possible. No damage penetrates.
Isit moves as fast as her crippled elf legs can take her towards Dolan.
Martin attacks at a target of 13; roll is 7 for a hit, no dodge possible. Significant damage penetrates. Centaur passes HT check against stun.
Lette follows Isit.
A1 performs a move and attack on Martin, moving after the attack; targeting Martin's leg with a slash. Target is 9, roll is 6, hit; Martin cannot do a retreating parry since he already stepped this turn, so his roll is against 13; roll is 13, barely pass.
A2 drops his bow and charges Guard #2. Target is 13, roll is 8; dodge roll for the guard is 9, barely fails. Centaur takes no damage after armor. Guard #3 takes 2 penetrating damage, but falls prone.
A3 move-and-attacks Alec's leg, roll is against 9; roll is 13, fails.
A4 move-and-attacks Martin, going for the torso and a -2/-1 deceptive attack; target is 9, roll is 13, also a miss.
Dolan attempts to cast Rain of Stones. Target is (13 (skill) - 3 (range) - 4 (Shock) = 6); roll is 11, failure. HT roll against unconsciousness is a 12; Dolan passes out.
Guard 1 moves.
Guard 2 rises to kneeling.
Guard 3 steps and all out attacks Centaur C2, going for the neck. Target is 11, roll is 12, miss.
Guard 4 does nothing.
Centaur C1 move and attacks Martin before leaving, aiming for the leg with a -4/-2 deceptive attack; target is 9, roll is 9, hit. Martin will attempt to feverish dodge, with the -2 from defensive attack his target is 10; roll is 12, no dodge. Centaur C1 deals 4 penetrating damage to Martin's "good" leg, still just not crippling him but taking him under the 1/3 HP threshold. HT roll to not pass out succeeds.
Centaur C2 attacks Guard 3, thrusting into vitals. Target is 11, roll is 8. No dodge possible. 2 damage penetrates armor, x3 for impaling to vitals becomes 6 HP damage. Guard fails HT roll against stun. Guard is prone.

Lo'el 6.5 (5/12 HP)
Alec 6.25 (6/12 HP, crippled arm)
Isit 6.25 (3/12 HP)
Martin 6.0 (3/12 HP)
Lette 6.0 (7/11 HP)
Centaur Archers 1-4 6.0 (A1: Seriously injured, A2: Injured, A3: Injured, A4: Seriously injured)
Dolan 5.75 (-2/10 HP, Unconscious)
Guards 1-4 5.75 (Guard 2: 9/11 HP, kneeling; Guard 3: 5/11 HP, stunned, prone; Guard 4: 5/11 HP, crippled, prone, unarmed)
Centaur Spearmen 1-2 5.5 (C1: Seriously injured, C2: Injured)

Map is here: Here

• Locked thread