Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've gotten more real-world mileage out of Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be than I care to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
New Study Finds 85% Of Americans Don't Know All The Dance Moves To National Anthem

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

That DICK! posted:

But even worse is the people who clearly get the article and should know better trying to debate with them. Has the Onion taught you nothing? The majority of middle Americans are willfully obtuse to a fault.

Left or right, 95% of people that are into politics are engaging in nothing deeper than tribalism. I'm sure a disgustingly large amount of The Onion's reader base reads the Onion just so they can smirk at an article that reinforces their worldview, like seeing an article making fun of Joe Biden and going "Take that, libtards :smug:" or an article making fun of Mitt Romney and going "Suck it, conservatards :smug:"

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This is the second Onion story to come true in as many days.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bob Nudd posted:

It's a shame there's so much partisan stuff lately. It only takes a slight whiff of smugness, or indulgence, to kill the humour, for me at least.

I agree, usually they balance partisanship off with absurdity but articles about throwing nuts at a black woman and yelling "this is how we feed animals" and shouting down a Puerto Rican delegate for not being American enough were way over the line.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

No actual cartoon Muhammad? Weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I have to admit, Onion Talks isn't really doing it for me. Maybe it's just because TED Talks is already beyond self-parody or Reggie Watts already did a pitch-perfect pisstake at the actual TED Talks.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdHK_r9RXTc