Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Everything involving Joad Cressbeckler is great.

Joad Cressbeckler: Homosexuality A Necessity On Cold Mountaintops

I also like National Dating Standards Lowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
This is one of my favorites:

Voting Machines Elect One Of Their Own As President

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
My facial expression was :stare: for the whole thing:

Keith Richards' Housekeeper Has Braced Herself For Finding Dead Body Every Morning Since 1976

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Tea Party Congressman Calls For Tax Breaks To Put Out Raging Wildfire In District

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
San Diego Zoo, Prison Merge

The Onion posted:

The complex will reportedly also feature a number of "Scared Straight" talks each week, during which young visitors will simultaneously learn about the dangers of breaking the law, as well as what happens when a male lowland gorilla suddenly feels threatened.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

voting third party posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0App7QizQCU

This might be the best thing the onion has done yet, the natural ending point of reality tv. Part two is even more awkward.

Yeah, this is fantastic. I love the delivery of this quote toward the end of part 1 (~7:44):

quote:

I think the fact that we're getting a stipend to have sex with each other might violate state law.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

The "next" link on that one is great:

American People Ruled Unfit To Govern

quote:

Populations currently being considered to fill the leadership void until the American people can be rehabilitated and returned to self-governance include those of Switzerland, Sweden and Canada.

"I'm willing to do what I can to help out in this time of crisis and make sure that my vote counts," said Stockholm resident Per Johanssen. "I've been reading up on America a bit, just to get a general idea of what needs to be done, and from what I can tell, they really need some sort of broad-based health-care reform over there right away."

In a provisional test of the new system, the Canadian province of Saskatchewan will hold primaries next Tuesday to re-evaluate last fall's gubernatorial election in Minnesota.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

I love the money-saving tip at the bottom of this one. It reminds me of this excellent Today Now! video:

Taco Bell's New Green Menu Takes No Ingredients From Nature

The last sentence in the video is

quote:

Listen, don't go away, because when we come back we're going to show you how to save money by writing your own books!

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I just noticed the Unsung Heroes section. They're pictures with a sentence or two, so there isn't much to link to.

quote:

Gerald Carnes whipped out his jumper cables and started the car of Jennifer Barrett while reassuring her that it was okay, women do stupid things like leaving their lights on all the time.

quote:

Phil Grayson celebrated 15 years of manning the old glory hole in the South Royalton Rest Area men’s room.

quote:

Thom Cargill kept his tuberculosis under wraps so as not to be a downer during the flight from Hong Kong to L.A.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Corrections:

quote:

Possession
In a previous issue, The Onion spelled the word "possession" with two sets of double s's, which is apparently correct but just doesn't seem right. So let's go with "possesion."

quote:

Humbaba
In the May 21 issue, Humbaba was mistakenly identified as the secretary of Housing and Urban Development. He is actually the guardian of the Cedar Forest who was slain by the Sumerian hero-king Gilgamesh. The Onion regrets the error.

quote:

Offspring
Last week The Onion published a photo of a man giving the evil eye. The Onion regrets not printing a Hand of Fatima on the opposite page to prevent you from losing all of your livestock, beauty, health, and offspring.

quote:

Meatless Chili
Last week's food section included a recipe for meatless chili, but it turns out meat is pretty important for chili not to taste terrible. The Onion apologizes on behalf of all vegetarians.

quote:

Flawlessness
Although The Onion did not make any mistakes in yesterday's newspaper, we still have to fill this space with text lest we leave a glaring blank section. Therefore, when you think about it, our flawlessness is an error in itself.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Didn't see this posted (or at least a forum search for the title had no hits). It's one of my favorites:
I'm A Cloud Factory!

Also:
Millions and Millions Dead

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

El Negocio posted:

The Onion hates your childhood and wants you to feel bad, rear end in a top hat.

Dying Lion Sure Doesn't Feel As Though He's Completing Some Great Cosmic Circle.

This is so sad. :smith:

In other news, :woop: Sex House - Ep. 4 - Extended Preview

Jay's continued failure to have sex with Tara is very ... conspicuous. I wonder if he's in the closet; it would make so much sense.

my god I can't remember the last time I've cared this much about a real TV show

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Not my favorite video that they've done, but it's always good to see them branch out into a new category of parody news:

Onion Weather Center: Extreme Storms To Rip Through Godforsaken Midwestern Wasteland

EDIT: This one's great though:

In The Know: Are Tests Biased Against Students Who Don't Give A poo poo?

Lysidas has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Aug 6, 2012

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Quite old, but I just found it:

Heroic PETA Commandos Kill 49, Save Rabbit

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Infographic: Speculation About Romney's Taxes

quote:

• Years of filings in state of Delaware prove definitively that the candidate himself is a corporation
  • In 2009, thanks to clever accounting, the IRS actually paid Romney $25 million in taxes

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
:love: Today Now!

Country Artist Sings About Real America And Its Meth Addicts

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
:stare: Sex House Episode 7

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I didn't expect much from this headline, but I love the article:

Pope Vows To Crack Down On Crime In Vatican City Slum

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Thanks to the Onion, Thursday is my favorite day of the week.

Sex House Episode 8

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I just noticed the Stockwatch section.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/mccormick-company-mkc,27378/ posted:

McCormick & Company (MKC)
$64.98 (+$13.84) (+27.1%) Shares in the spice purveyor soared on word that the three sturdy galleons dispatched two years afore had been sighted off the coast of Cape Verde, returning from their dangerous voyage to the exotic Orient with their casks brimful of redolent cinnamon, cardamom, and mysteriously intoxicating curried powder.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/venetian-cruise-lines-vcl,27483/ posted:

Venetian Cruise Lines (VCL)
$9.95 (-$.14) (+1.4%) Investors and travelers alike appear to be wary of this cruise-ship operator, which promises to show tourists the magical narrow waterways of Venice, Italy from a 600-stateroom luxury ocean liner.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

Boondock Saint posted:

Just lost it at work reading this...

Clint Eastwood To Publish New Autobiography: ‘I…Where You’re Alive And They—You Write A Book About You’
http://www.theonion.com/articles/cl...ote:cta-content

This is awesome.

The Onion posted:

"When you write ... it's just that so, these people are all in our lives, all of us, and he's--but you know about--I remember 50 years ago," reads an excerpt from a chapter titled "You See The Past And It Doesn't Hurt, I Don't Know." "They were saying, but I thought--people in your own life were something to be thought about--and they were saying that back then, and even now, and I just thought, this is great."

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
There are no words to describe this.

Sex House Episode 9

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
New Rumsfeld Scholarship Awarded To Student Who Demonstrates Potential To Ignore Geopolitical Consequences Of Armed Invasion

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
TV Listings:

quote:

MythBusters

Discovery 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT In a special Star Trek-themed episode, the team tests whether or not exposure to the Genesis Device would actually result in the rapid aging depicted in Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I love reading through a section that I've never paid attention to before, like TV Listings:

quote:

Emergency Room Law Firm
ABC
10:00 p.m. EDT/9:00 p.m. CDT

On-call resident Dana St. John has to break away from her cross-examination to perform emergency pediatric open-heart surgery, while senior partner Cort Peck finds himself caught in a steamy love triangle with the dangerously sexy opposing counsel Brianne Rowe and his fellow ER attending Rachel McCray.

quote:

What If They Had A Beard?
History
8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT

The lives of Robert F. Kennedy, Winston Churchill, and Secretariat are reimagined.

quote:

Bugs In Your Body
Discovery
8:30 p.m. EDT/7:30 p.m. CDT

A panel of self-reputed scientists explains that you can scratch and scratch but the insects are still deep inside of you and will be forever.

quote:

Spelling Bees
Game Show
8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT

The popular Japanese game show makes its U.S. debut as contestants compete to spell wordswhile trapped in a chamber full of angry yellow jackets.
EDIT: :xd:

quote:

Operation Repo
truTV
10:00 p.m. EST/9:00 p.m. CST

The team faces a paradox when it's sent to repossess the cameras and lighting equipment from truTV's own offices after the cable network defaults on yet another production loan.

Lysidas has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Sep 27, 2012

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Iranian news agency duped by Onion story on Obama poll

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
:smith: Tragic Accident Kills Aspiring Living Person

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I don't remember seeing this here, but this thread is getting to be pretty long:

Remains Of Ancient Race Of Job Creators Found In Rust Belt

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Point/Counterpoint: Outdoor Advertising Is A Blight On Our Society vs. I Just Wanted To Tell The Nice People About The Yogurt

EDIT: End-Life Crisis Marked By Extravagant Spending Spree :smith:

Lysidas has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Oct 9, 2012

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
It doesn't seem like the forums search can be restricted to a single subforum at the moment, so I'm not sure if these have been posted (recently):

Monster At End Of Book Claims Life Of TV's Grover
Well, I Guess That Genocide In Sudan Must've Worked Itself Out On Its Own
National Gonzo Press Club Vows To Carry On Thompson's Work

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Boy Scouts Release Sex-Abuse Documents

Margaret Waxman, Weigh Station Inspector posted:

At least those Boy Scouts were protected from the presence of gay people.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
I like the quip at the end of this video:

quote:

Coming up, Romney accused of buying endorsements after being named best SUV by J.D. Power and Associates.

EDIT:
Report: Majority Of Americans Now Eating One Continuous Meal A Day

Lysidas has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Oct 29, 2012

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Stadium Humors Old Man On Stage, Sings Along to 'Hey Jude'

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Congress Forgets How To Pass A Law

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

redmercer posted:

Mystic crystal revelations!

Exactly.

Historians Politely Remind Nation To Check What's Happened In Past Before Making Any Big Decisions

quote:

While many citizens have expressed skepticism of the historians' assertions, the majority of Americans have reportedly grasped the concept of noticing bad things from earlier times and trying not to repeat them.

"I get it. If we do something bad that happened before, then the same bad thing could happen again," said Barb Ennis, 48, of Pawtucket, RI. "We don't want history to happen again, unless the thing that happened was good."

"When you think about it, a lot of things have happened already," Ennis added. "That's what history is."

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Just a picture, but I thought it was hilarious:

Gluten-Free Pancake Mix Just A Bag Of Sand

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
'The Onion' Calls Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania For John Edwards

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
:unsmith:

Exhausted Noam Chomsky Just Going To Try And Enjoy The Day For Once

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
30 Years Of Man's Life Disappear In Mysterious 'Kansas Rectangle'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
Townsfolk Strongly Prefer Man's Werewolf Incarnation
'Jesus, The Next Full Moon Can't Come Fast Enough,' Villagers Report