Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I was hoping they would spice things up with their next mischief clone by randomizing ZEM or spawn time or some other nonsense. I guess the only twist for either server is Kunark start, which is great but not all that interesting.

It’s been 4 years since I raided Velious on a TLP. Maybe I’ve forgotten how poo poo it is enough to do it again. Then again, I’d probably want to play a shaman again and good lord everything about their role in ToV is terrible. But getting that 75AC Yakatizma’s shield… much to think about

Solarin fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Skipping Classic hurts my interest if they don’t extend Kunark, but I’ll probably play Kunark and Velious on the Mischief clone. Launch Mischief was a blast.

This time I’ll liquidate everything and quit when Luclin drops. Hung on two expansions too long and regretted it on Mischief.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Yiggy posted:

25th servers are Tormax and Teek. Tormax a traditional true box server. Relaxed in oow, dropped in tbs. Teek is random loot free trade mischief clone. Same true box progression. Kunark starts for both. No box limits, just true box.

This is nice but with WoW, FF, POE2 and Diablo iv all doing big content drops or releases the summer is pretty packed. If I had time or a stack I'd play but :effort:

I'd be very into a Season of Discovery eq kick, it's be so good. I main bard, give me fade so im more than just a resistance and speed box in classic raids

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I might have to dust off the boxing setup and try this one again. I had a lot of fun on mischief.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Doing an "only level in Kunark" schtick could be fun, though I think the looy drops would be wanting.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Starting in kunark sucks imo. Had to skip this one anyway for a new born baby but not having much fomo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

rally posted:

Starting in kunark sucks imo. Had to skip this one anyway for a new born baby but not having much fomo.

Better than starting in classic for sure

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Theres currently a grand total of zero guilds saying they are playing on Tormax.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I like Kunark start alot tbh def opens up the world. I wonder if they stagger the level cap tho

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Really confused why they are doing two servers again. We all know the random loot is the only one of them to survive and it will likely pull from the other recent servers they would like to sunset.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The kunark start would be a lot better if they did a ZEM revamp so all those big outdoor zones don’t feel like a punishment to level in. On TLPs it just doesn’t make sense to operate outside the ultra high ZEM dungeons. Picks, lack of corpse runs, and way higher player power removes the big reasons those dungeons were heavily incentivized.

I wouldn’t even have a problem with zones like Lake of Ill Omen or Trak’s Teeth having higher ZEM then upper guk because the mob density and loot is so much worse. As it stands the 1-50 golden leveling path is going to look about the same as it does with a classic only start, except with some Kurn’s for the iksars.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I’ll just be plying on Quarm.. they are actually going to be doing a kunark launch on June but limiting Kunark to only iksars until July.

I mean Quarm is its whole other mess of brain spiders, of course, but I think there’s a lot of good stuff for the server and iksar only kunark for a month is a cool twist.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Really confused why they are doing two servers again. We all know the random loot is the only one of them to survive and it will likely pull from the other recent servers they would like to sunset.

Yeah agreed. The guild-recruitment-tlp channel is all Teek at the moment with tons of guilds coming back / reforming / moving from their current servers to Teek. Going to be a poo poo show.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I imagine the queue is gonna be brutal at launch.

Mischief had Thornblade to take some of the load off it. Just having Teek is gonna be rough.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Malaria posted:

I imagine the queue is gonna be brutal at launch.

Mischief had Thornblade to take some of the load off it. Just having Teek is gonna be rough.

Yep for sure - I'm looking forward to the threads of people complaining that they took off launch day for work and are stuck in a 4-5 hour queue.

*edit* The queue for Oakwynd lasted *I think* 1 day/night and then was right in going forward..

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I got in right away on Oakwynd. Was nice. But some people in my guild waited hours.

I am debating on playing on Teek.

The whole endless unpunished cheating has really soured me on the live experience.

But I missed out on Mischief. I played on Thornblade and my guild fizzled out in early Kunark. I quit playing shortly after.

I'm thinking about joining the Faceless just so I can actually see a lot of the raid content I haven't seem yet. They will have numbers so it shouldn't fizzle out.

I'm just worried its gonna be filled with idiots.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Malaria posted:

I got in right away on Oakwynd. Was nice. But some people in my guild waited hours.

I am debating on playing on Teek.

The whole endless unpunished cheating has really soured me on the live experience.

But I missed out on Mischief. I played on Thornblade and my guild fizzled out in early Kunark. I quit playing shortly after.

I'm thinking about joining the Faceless just so I can actually see a lot of the raid content I haven't seem yet. They will have numbers so it shouldn't fizzle out.

I'm just worried its gonna be filled with idiots.

Did faceless mischief, it was great; were there idiots? Yes. 80% of the guild was fine, the egregious asshats got booted out relatively quickly. Honestly if I didn't burn out I'd still be playing, I did the most recent expac launch with them, then fizzled out, gonna sell my accounts and probably never touch EQ again.

I'm not really a fan of the guy that is going to be leading the teek version of faceless though, he annoyed me; during PoP/GoD era on Mischief we used to BDA chain him to tank his DPS on raids, he quit during GoD or OoW iirc.

Also seemed like zaide might be done leading faceless guilds? I liked him, he's relatively good at leading the herd of morons and keeping them in line, also he said some of the most hilarious poo poo when you're 36 hours into luclin launch.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 9, 2024

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Ok maybe I'll give Faceless a go. I talked to Zaide in the discord the other day. He seems nice enough.

I'm thinking of doing Ogre Shaman. I think I still have a rat illusion from Vaniki on my account. Free shrink seems like a pro move for Ogre.

Shaman sounds real boring on raids though. I've mostly always played a Necro or Wizard for raids.

Necro was fun. I was often top 5 DPS(charm pet + dots) on the parse for raids on Oakwynd and whatever the one before Oakwynd was.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

You need an advanced level of brain worms to enjoy maining shaman in raids. First of you have to want to play a support/healing role, so that excludes about 80% of players. Second, you have to enjoy (or tolerate) pressing a button every GCD for the majority of a raid night. Including constant target switching between enemy and friendly targets, and scrutinizing what debuffs or buffs are on them and mashing buttons accordingly.

So lots of looking at tiny square icons and then getting loving annoyed that nobody else is applying tash/occlusion so you have a chance in hell of landing slow, or getting annoyed that somebody is asking for a buff that takes you 500 mana and 13 seconds to cast when they have over an hour left on their current buff. Or the classic of being asked for a buff and having them run out of range before it lands. Or having your Malo dispelled by enchanters who are trying to remove a 300 hp buff from the mob for some reason. And god help you when you encounter a raidwide dispel. It will make you want to puke.

Luclin is probably the first time shaman raiding feels fun, because you can sling out huge damage (they forgot to give anything poison/disease resist) and buffing becomes 2 MGBs and done. Before that point I can’t really recommend it.

At least do not go into it with a try hard mentality like I did, huge mistake that was. I’d have probably rage quit in Velious if I didn’t have two other main shaman in raid with enough brain cells to coordinate things.

They’re a godlike class outside of raids though, and having access to raid gear on mischief without raiding means they’d be a great alt class to mess around with. Raid gear and clickies makes them super fun to play in group content.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Shaman buffing is awful, but they're a super powerful class as said.

I would highly recommend maining a tank though, especially on a free trade server, it's so loving useful to have a tank that is geared to the gills, you can do any small man stuff you want, you can level a second tank to swap gear to if you're that hardcore about small man and you can tank any group content. Your other chars you can buy equipment for, tank stuff is the most expensive though.

Just lessons from mischief I learned; I mained a cleric until like... PoP or GoD and it was a huge difference maker when I swapped to the warrior w/r/t my ability to just go do group/small raid content.

Are they doing random loot as well or just free trade on teek?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

I’m so glad this thread exists because it kills my desire to play every time.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

MF_James posted:

Are they doing random loot as well or just free trade on teek?

I don't think they've said yet. I know I read they were going to release more information / details on the servers at some point, but haven't seen it yet.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm still kind of amazed that every year they do new TLPs, and people still swarm to play the first 3-5 expacs every time.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

xZAOx posted:

I'm still kind of amazed that every year they do new TLPs, and people still swarm to play the first 3-5 expacs every time.

New servers aren't always new players. The initial population surges because of RMT.

Server launches include a combination of RMT sellers, classic to PoP recyclers, ruleset surveyors trying new rules, name reservers preserving "their" name, and players actually planning to call a server home.

The initial expansions are also stupid easy for the time investment. It's relatively trivial to get 50/60 and start selling items for Kronos. A lot of recyclers won't admit this, but they only enjoy the game when it's easy.

People need to stop paying for RMT, but that will never happen. Adults with jobs see no issues paying Krono ($13?) for GEB/FBSS.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I was in a guild with a guy who was a krono RMT dude on the sell side. Leveled up characters, exploited dkp systems to get them geared, poopsocked to get loot to sell for krono. He was super helpful if he felt the help he was giving you would help him in return. The most egregious was velious gearing a 'guild warrior' when we were short warriors.

At the end of velious, he sold all his toons, liquidated most of his krono and got $5k-10k out for 9 months of work.

I can only imagine what his nightmare of a life looks like.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I was in a guild with a guy who was a krono RMT dude on the sell side. Leveled up characters, exploited dkp systems to get them geared, poopsocked to get loot to sell for krono. He was super helpful if he felt the help he was giving you would help him in return. The most egregious was velious gearing a 'guild warrior' when we were short warriors.

At the end of velious, he sold all his toons, liquidated most of his krono and got $5k-10k out for 9 months of work.

I can only imagine what his nightmare of a life looks like.

All the people who do this on p99 are on some kind of welfare. Kinda owns imo

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Arae posted:

New servers aren't always new players. The initial population surges because of RMT.

Server launches include a combination of RMT sellers, classic to PoP recyclers, ruleset surveyors trying new rules, name reservers preserving "their" name, and players actually planning to call a server home.

The initial expansions are also stupid easy for the time investment. It's relatively trivial to get 50/60 and start selling items for Kronos. A lot of recyclers won't admit this, but they only enjoy the game when it's easy.

People need to stop paying for RMT, but that will never happen. Adults with jobs see no issues paying Krono ($13?) for GEB/FBSS.

To add, also cross server players needing to raise krono. There is a lot of krono churn on the new servers but not everyone is looking to RMT it. I can't really buy krono on my home server unless I start automating which I don't want to do. So if I want to keep my boxes up without money I really need to participate on new servers while they're populated so I can go back to my hobbit hamlet of a server for the rest of the year. It adds a certain seasonality to EQ.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Teek is gonna be amazing. I joined up with some other guys that did the first 2 months of TLP last year running 12 each and walked away with 500 krono apiece. We're planning to run 2 raid forces of 36 and liquidate every single thing that drops outside of a main warrior. Yall come deliver your sweet wallets to my pockets please

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

MrTheDevious posted:

Teek is gonna be amazing. I joined up with some other guys that did the first 2 months of TLP last year running 12 each and walked away with 500 krono apiece. We're planning to run 2 raid forces of 36 and liquidate every single thing that drops outside of a main warrior. Yall come deliver your sweet wallets to my pockets please

Krono really has ruined the game. Lol

Good for you though. I thought I was cool scraping by with the Krono I made on Yelinak and Oakwynd combined 😂

I've used some of that Krono to play on Oakwynd so that was a bonus. I spent 2 twinking out a duo on Agnarr too. I still have 18 think.

I did killed so many Hill Giants on Yelinak that I quit the sever. I never want to bother grinding krono again.

What do you even do with 500? They sell for like what, 10 bucks rmt? The amount of effort to get all that doesn't seem worth it.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 13, 2024

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

If you're having fun while doing it :shrug:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
MQ is many things, but effort required is not one of them. Playing a single character manually takes 25x more keypresses than running a whole group via MQ each. Raiding with 30+ real people is chaos and takes forever to get everyone on the same page and in the zone -- no such worries when it's a small crew. Raid loot on free trade servers is a nightmare --not for us when we're planning to sell it all anyway. You can even automate the vast majority of raids themselves in the first xpacs the same way you automate group grinding! Everything dies on lockout because 1 real live person can pilot all 36+ and blow it the F up even if everyone else is asleep.

We've been practicing up on a different TLP to farm some starter kronos for me and the 1 other newbie and it's an absolute blast. Feels almost more like a Total War game than EQ

As for what to do with the Kronos -- ectunnel.com of course. $5000 in exchange for having fun playing EQ for a few months vs $0 in exchange for having fun playing EQ for a few months is a simple equation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

You guys are gonna feel really silly when you learn that it’s truebox and MQ2 isn’t allowed!