Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
Whats a good class/strat for powerleveling a shadowknight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

lemonslol posted:

Ranger with headshot can power level anyone

Does that only work if they can group? What about until they can, my highest ranger is 76.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Anyone who plays a mage know of a good/decent leveling route from the late 50's and up? I decided to 3 box 3 mages for fun but pulling/snaring seem to be at a little of a loss. I'm using a tank and 2 healer mages plus 3 air pets. thanks!

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I'm still on test, mostly since i'm one of those players who plays for a month then quits (for last 4-5 years or so) and because test is currently free gold accounts, all xpacs, all vet rewards, double exp, etc for everyone, which makes my month playing more enjoyable. Don't know if they intend to remove gold for everyone or not.

Currently playing my 3 mages who are 64-65ish now and my 85 shaman/mage/bard 3 box :)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

MrTheDevious posted:

4boxing EQ on my laptop isn't really possible, so see you guys in a while :(

If you don't mind me asking, what classes do you 4box?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

MrTheDevious posted:

ISBoxer.

Shaman plays itself with the numpad, bard plays itself unless I need to mez something, couple terrors on SK and he's done for the remainder of the fight, then I just push buttons on the monk.

I'm going to have to check out isboxer. Is it easy to setup hotkeys/macros? I'm currently boxing SK/SHM/MAG/DRU w/ dps/heals mercs. My old 4 box was shm, mag, nec, bard and tank/healer mercs but I felt without a real tank I was limited on doing things like the 2.0 orbs and other no merc stuff. the druid is dps/spot heals when using my healer merc but I figure with shm patch healing druid should make a good enough group healer when I cant use my merc healer. They are 72/300'ish AA now and slowly climbing.

I currently use wineq2, hotkeynet, and hotkeys. it's ok but kinda annoying when it has to switch to each of 4 screens to activate hotkeys then back to the main window

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So I've started doing the thrall hails quest in warrens, and 4 boxing I think I will be there a while, is there any good/safe/etc spot to camp somewhat near the thralls?

My team is: 78/350AA SK, 76/300AA Cleric, 86/1kAA Shaman (J4 tank), 86/1.1kAA Mage (J2 healer), will I be able to finish the J5 merc quests without outside help?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

No More Heroes posted:

I just tried it and got the same message.

Just tried and got copy successful message

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Hoohah posted:

I understand that new games have the need for tutorials and introductions to ease people into slightly more complex games, but literally being shoved into a world and told 'figure it out' is one of the things that made me love playing Everquest for five years, the first game I ever played for that length of time. Being a part of the 'top guild' on a server only continued that feeling as you worked out how to beat a raid boss that no one else on your server had done, and no information other than 'gently caress it, charge in like idiots and lets figure it out' as a plan.

It's the best and worst things about it, because once you've done it you can't really roll a new character and do it over again.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So I want to 4 box w/2 mercs on test, and make max level as fast as possible just grinding more or less. what group makeup would you use? I've been thinking shaman, necro, mage, and maybe beastlord, with tank and healer mercs. This is just going to be for fun so I don't care too much. I figure all pet classes will be easier to handle and be awesome when casting swarm pets =P :effort:

Shaman slows, backup heals, panthers, buffs, etc +pet
necro for pulls/snares/emergency fd/rez, etc +pet
mage for dps, summoned goodies, ds, etc +pet
beastlord dps, buffs, etc +pet

beastlord i'm not so sure about, i'm thinking that other than fero/mana regen everything else is done better by shaman/mage (slows, buffs, dps) and no gate spell will slow me down if I want to gate more than once per hour.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I play on test, my character I usually chat with in goonchat is Farson. My "main" however is a bard named Farrokh (speaking of, does anyone happen to have a gnome mask they can copy over for me?). If you need anything on test in game mail me or /tell if I'm on.

While I'm posting I've been meaning to ask about tanks. I typically use a j5 tank and healer with bard/shaman/mage and lately I've been leveling a warrior and cleric (both 80 so far with 100/300 aa) so I can do instanced stuff where mercs aren't allowed, now I'm wondering if an sk would be better than the warrior?

Also since I have 6 accounts what would be a better choice for #6, a wizard or enchanter?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I have bunches of stuff I can copy if anyone needs it, I have a full set of rustic wraps and templates for each armor type (I may be missing one wrist wrap now that I think about it) I have some 80+ weapons and armor, plus some 85+ weapons (bunch of pal/sk specific ones), rings, cloaks, haste belts, etc, a pre-nerf cos, AoN, as well and a golden ticket and some weight reduction bags that can be expanded to I think 14 slot 100%WR. I also have some stuff on test that's not copied, like AoW twink stuff. Money isn't much of an issue on test anymore but I have like 300k on my testcopy mule if you do need it.

I can also help when I'm around with killing stuff if you are doing quests, epics, etc. I work 2nd shift and go to college part time so I don't play too much.

If anyone has anything 90+ (like glorious cultural, weapons, anything really) I could use that and a mask of tinkering :).

contact Farson or Farrokh in game

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

funzo2226 posted:

Anyone have any extra rustic wraps (and/or plat) that they could copy over to test for me? On test as Riverrs or Funzoe.

Are you still looking for the wraps? If so what armor type? I rarely log in right now being really busy with work and school but I have a full set of wraps + the templates of each armor type. I can send you some other junk too if you tell me what class.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

funzo2226 posted:

Awesome. My main duo is a bard and a rogue, but I also have slightly lower level shaman and ranger duo.

I was able to scrape a couple rustic wraps and osmium templates off of the bazaar on test, but not much. I basically need everything except chain feet on my rogue and everything except the plate arms on my bard. Thanks!

When I get home tonight I will see if live is up yet and if testcopy is working. I 3 box bard, shaman, mage so I think I have some stuff. What levels are they? Don't want to send you too low level of stuff you can't use.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

funzo2226 posted:

Anyone have any extra rustic wraps (and/or plat) that they could copy over to test for me? On test as Riverrs or Funzoe.

I sent a bunch of stuff to riverrs.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I'm pretty sure boxing has been allowed since before eq even had built in windowed mode.

I 3-4 box most times, my usual crew is bard, shaman, mage. Having healer and tank mercs really open up your options. You can play a melee dps and Caster dps with no problems.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

xZAOx posted:

Sorry, I phrased that bad. I meant, what do you keep from your character? Is it 100% everything? As in, all your gear, pp, stuff in your bank, etc?

Everything but shared bank I think. Used to be testcopy didn't transfer plat and everything transferred over nodrop but while still flagged as copied it's all tradeable now (as long as it's tradeable to begin with)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I'm on again off again on test as well, I only log in to live to find stuff to test copy, but I'm usually 3 boxing :

Farrokh 91 bard
Jasperr 90 shaman
Viginti 91 mage

If you need anything send me a tell in game or pm here or something.

I don't know a hell of a lot about newer stuff since I quit more or less in 2006. My old main (ranger) is still pimped out in coa/god gear. I love doing old stuff (god was my favorite) if you're looking for help with epics etc

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Pon de Bundy posted:

No other server can you get the old gnome mask from sleepers tomb

Speaking of this, I've asked in game to no avail, but does anyone on FV or any other server have one they can testcopy for me? Thanks!

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

RCarr posted:

I'm thinking of starting a Mage/Mage/Mage 3box. Maybe 4 mages. Would this be fun? It seems like I would just be able to wreck poo poo.

I tried 3vand it was interesting, but I got bored of them around level 65. I just decided a few days ago to make an all gnome group though, will be mage, necro, wizard, chanter, then tank/healer gnome mercs. I figure I've got most bases covered, fd pulling, snare, ports/evac, dps, pets, haste/mana buffs, debuffs/slows, etc

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Ninkobei posted:

If you're referring to non-SC bags, the Tailored Legendary backpacks are the best. They'll cost around 4k plat to do the combine if I remember correctly. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=92354

There are Tailored Flawless ones now that expand to 18 slot 100%WR.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Got my bards 1.5 done in a couple hours yesterday in part thanks to riverrs giving me the bloods and stuff for the imbued diamonds. Now I want to do 2.0. Only been to anguish once with my box crew, ran out of time after beating the first boss but remembered you needed to do 2 for a globe. Haven't done coa since it was end game stuff so I was wondering how far I can get boxed since I remember some stuff like jelvan used to take multiple groups. Is omm doable?

Speaking of boxing old raids about how far could I possibly get with my team? It's currently 91/2k aa bard, 90/2.2k shaman, 91/2.5 mage and 76/10aa (haha) druid. [ I've done potime, would like to do all of God and coa then more.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Riverrs, I am biased but I would say shaman all the way. I have been boxing my shaman since like 2005.

I've been tanking with bard, healing with shaman, biggest issue is aggro, mage pet might be better and just have bard sing.

Biggest issue I am thinking of with raids is the scripted stuff like jelvan, vishimitar, etc

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

revenance posted:

I'm going to join the test server crew since loving around on random chars appeals to me more than anything else (and paying $15/mo/acct for classes I want to actually play is a tad too much). Is it possible to get a hookup from someone willing to do a testcopy with some old world twink gear and plat for spells/mercs?

/join goontest and ask away, depending on class/level etc I have stuff and others will too. meeeeellions of plat to go around as well.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So i play one test, and I use wineq2 and hotkeynet for boxing, I use wineq2 to rename and launch the windows, and hotkeynet to trigger macros. the problem is without wineq2 my windows freeze up temporarily when switching between them and when zoning (turns all white and says (not responding)) and hotkeynet actually has to swap between windows when firing off macros. This is on Win7.

I've seen a few other test people mention using isboxer, I tried it a long time ago and it didn't prevent the windows freeing up like wineq2 did. Is this something that has been fixed, or is the problem me and not isboxer? does isboxer still require windows swapping to fire off macros or can it do it to background windows? Anyone know a quick way to setup isboxer to run on eq, like a settings file or something?

thanks!

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Devor posted:

Are you posting about EQ1 or EQ2? Wineq2 seems to be an EQ2 app.

Eq1, Wineq2 is for everquest, eq2, wow, and few other games, made by the same people as isboxer but its been around a lot longer.

Devor posted:

It didn't take me too long to figure out ISBoxer for EQ1, and swapping between my windows is instantaneous. I'm pretty certain due to the way EQ receives input, all the windows have to be "on top". So I have one big window using the top 3/4 of the screen, and 2 small windows tiled across the bottom (with room for a third window down there if I was 4-boxing). I keep my right hand monitor for surfing the web, etc.

I took a while off EQ and played WoW, which hotkeynet let you send commands to background windows, so I guess I was just spoiled with that. I'm playing on a laptop so I keep the windows tiled. Hotkeynet just sends a command to bring each window to the front, then press the hotkey, then bring the main window back into focus. only takes like 200ms but it still annoying sometimes. Not sure what the windows freezing up is about but last time I looked on google it was some kind of issue between Win7 and EQ (see here: http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34853)

Devor posted:

I haven't gotten into doing fancy things with macros in ISBoxer (I'm not certain how to do them - like "Hit F9 to select 4th member, wait .2 seconds, then cast spell Y" - for that I use commands in everquest like /target, /pause, /cast etc.), but it's definitely very easy to set up things like "for as long as I hold B, press forward arrow in my non-main windows" that I use to move my characters forward (helps when trying to autofollow around tight corners).

There's some sort of presettings that ISBoxer comes with for EQ - it tells you to choose "EQ No Patch" or some such on the website.

The majority of what I do is use Wineq2/hkn to fire off EQ macros, nothing fancy here either.

WinEQ2 renames the windows (eq1, eq2, eq3, etc) and hkn uses the window names to bring that window into focus, and "press" a key on the keyboard. for example, I press numpad9, it brings each window into focus and presses 9, which has been bound to hotbar1, slot 9. that button on each of my characters is an eq macro which targets my main guy, and follows him.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

napster of meat posted:

Does anyone have anything old school or rare they could copy over? I'm talking Salindrite Dagger, Mask of Tinkering, Sceptre of Destruction, Holgresh Elder Beads.

Only goodie I have is prenerf cos, been looking for gnome mask for a while, and holgresh beads you can get from buying a gold Ticket on live and copying it until you get one.

My work just went full retard and I have to work 6-7 days a week plus I go to school so I haven't been on, but I'll try to get on occasionally.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Tomahawk posted:

Would anyone be able to set up my Necromancer, Choriok, with a set of Abstruse? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I sent you some stuff the other day, not sure if I sent everything though.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

RCarr posted:

I've found the joys of AFK leveling with my mercs. It's nice to wake up to 30 AA's every morning with no effort. I wish you could bank more than 30 though :(

I've done this a couple of times to level up a character, get them up to 62, throw them in a group with my bard/shm/mage and their J5 healer/tank mercs, run out to like loping plains or something, perma-invis them off to the side a little, park the group in the middle of a camp and let the mercs/pets kill all night. Last time I did this was my enchanter who was 77/probably way over the 30AA cap the next day :)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I 4-5 box on my laptop with a 2.2ghz i7, 8gb ram, GT550M just fine so I can only assume it's a settings thing.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Mormon Star Wars posted:

When the voting for new Race/Class combos begins, ya'll better vote for Wood Elf Shaman. :argh:

My shaman is already a wood elf thanks to his crown :)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
I'm looking for fun and interesting old school things to do, just sort of a way to finish out the EQ experience I guess. I've started doing things like checking out zones I may have never seen, or haven't seen in a long time, camping old hell camps or just cool named poo poo everyone used to want, but could care less about, doing old quests if I can, like I was thinking about the old qeynos badge quest, or the blackburrow one with the sword that has a clicky wolf pet, etc.. I plan on possibly doing all of the 1.0 epics I never got (are there any not working?) and other quests I never finished. possibly seeing how far I can get with a 3 box before the content is too hard.

Any ideas, or old favorite items, or areas I can/should take screenshots of, obscure quests no one does, rare camps, etc?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

jetz0r posted:

This quest arc is all related to or uses classic pre-kunark quests to give out some modern non-gear rewards. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5522

I know we're put together lists of important/cool clickies in the thread before, but in general, the illusion quests and drops are the best 'timeless' things because they've never devalued.

Dragons3 being up is actually a great thing for getting shm epics done. The step with dracolich in pofear allows the Iksar Broodling to spawn and drop the Child's Tear that's the main bottleneck for the quest. Anyone who might possible want to get a shm epic on a character (even if they're not a shm) should go collect one now while it's so easy to get.

Otherwise, it's Necro, SK, Wiz and I think Paladin that have epics locked behind open world raid targets that are still killed for loot drops.

That bag quest looks great, going to do that one soon I think. I also have a couple of the epic augment quests on my todo list. Is there a level limit for getting the childs tear for shm epic, or is it mq'able?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Pilsner posted:

Epic 1.0s is by far my recommendation for you. I have had so much fun doing them I can't describe it, because you're forced to visit the most obscure places all over the world, which will continue to amaze you. You finally find out what that drop or that NPC is for. They're wonderful to do. I recommend setting up a box crew with a Druid or Wizard so you can travel. At one point I made a fresh box crew with four characters of four classes that I hadn't done epics for and went to town. Was a ton of fun.

Epics were of course the first thing I thought of, way back in the day when I got my Ranger epics they were actually still upgrades and useful. So far I have completed Warrior 1.0, Ranger 1.0/2.0, Shaman 1.0/2.0, Bard 1.0/2.0 and Necro 1.0/1.5 but I was thinking about making new characters just to redo those few 1.0 (don't really care to do 1.5/2.0 over, or at all for others lol)

I actually 4 box Bard/SHM/Mage/Druid which are like 95/2500aa or so, the druid is 90 with like 700aa since he is newer and was started for more or less that reason. Zerker seems to be the character I have the hardest time with, can hardly bring myself to level one to epic 1.0 level :)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

jetz0r posted:

Shoot me an in game email with character names, I can do a copy or two on a cof. If I can grab a km ring I'll toys that in, too.

Is this stuff from the new expansion? I don't think I've seen it, is it all level 95+? If so whats the chances of getting some? :)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
As a ranger in GoD I used to taunt on enrage and shut off autoattack and see how many rogues died.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Medullah posted:

In the very beginning, on Rallos Zek, we'd charm Young Kodiaks in Nektulos forest with our high level druids, cast Skin Like Nature, SOW, see invisible, and damage shields and just laugh as they tore through the newbies.

With my shaman I used to charm and buff the crap out of Yelloweyes in Paludal and watch him eat groups.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Been out of the game for like a year, I box Bard/Shm/Mag sometimes with a 4th Druid. All around mid 90's. What's new, and what surprises am I going to see when I log in?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So I was reading some on this whole Heroic thing, I made a few of the free ones back in march, and never did anything with them. But I just read if you buy one, make a character, don't like it, and delete it, you can make another without paying again? How does that work for testcopy? Can I make a heroic, testcopy it, make another different class, testcopy that, etc and have 8 different level 85's on one server? Don't know what I would do other than play some classes I never have like Zerker, Monk, and Cleric, but I though it sounded interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Is it possible to share isboxer settings with other people? If so does anyone have any good setups?