Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

A few combat issues with the new build (to me at least, could be intentional) - how come you can have tough and strong, with something like a crowbar, vs a bandit who has tough and strong and punches.. and consistently lose? Not to mention the chain-tackling gets pretty irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Thanks for the response, and yeah, I pretty much get all that in terms of how the combat works. The issue I have with using things like Lure is that it doesn't matter if it succeeds, the enemy still gets in whatever attack they were doing. So in terms of the combat log they can get lured, trip, but still get in a flurry blow/tackle which seems to make it almost pointless since you take a penalty for the Lure off the bat. Is there something I'm missing in that regard?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Is there a lower chance to get sick from water that is the result of rain/from a river by chance? In a few games I had to cave in and drink un-purified water and I always did it from a river/rainfall and my dude never got sick from it. I do usually take Tough though, so I don't know if that's the reason or if it's a combination of things.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Good update. Combat is hilarious if you have ranged skill and make a sling, knocking out bandits and breaking ribs with pebbles and some of the most available materials in the game.

e - and then I do a quick recipe for a lit campfire.. and instead of branches and twigs being the initial ingredients, it used clean rags and a .38 revolver, clicked before I looked. Waa waa waaaaaaaaa.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 25, 2013

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Things that it has tried to use for building fires/boiling water auto recipes, when the basic stuff is available (twigs, branches, torn paper, lighter, etc).

-Bullets
-Pistol
-Pharaoh sleeping bag
-Electric charge
-Nano medkit (which when boiling three waters will reduce the condition by like 10%)
-Clean rags

Maybe another item property that makes the item not get auto-recipe'd? Some stuff despite it being -possible- you probably would never ever actually -use- it to do that stuff. Makes auto-crafting into something that's not always usable for certain things, having to switch the ingredients around anyway.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

You know the arrows to scroll enemies when there is more than one? There is an arrow like that at, the top right of the item output box. That cycles through recipes that are available based on the ingredients. That one took me a while to figure out.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I personally prefer the sling over even a compound bow. 20 ammo at a time vs 5 and I seem to get more consistently high damage and stunning hits vs lots of grazing shots with arrows.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Congrats on the greenlight, hope it ends up nice and profitable for you.

Question, how do you get rid of smallpox? Tried full blood replacement, nanobots, antibiotics..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Well I had a good character going, with good kit, a mechanic/hacker/electrician skillset. I was sleeping in Hatter's building in the DMC. Something approaches me as I sleep. A DMC drone leader fires into the darkness of the building and blows my sleeping head off. Why? :(

e: No I didn't attack any guards or anyone and was not hostile to them in general I don't know it's just sad

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 18, 2014

• Locked thread