Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Like I said a few pages ago, the MG GNX is a great kit but if you even look at it wrong those fins/pontoons/whatever things will fly off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

TARDISman posted:

MG Gundam Mk II 2.0 required wire cutting, it was a pain in the rear end, and I'm pretty sure it's not really visible parts that require it.

EDIT: Kinda visible, it's the inside of the knees.

Did you not notice that there were little rulers right next to the steps that required you to cut wire? Because that poo poo was a breeze.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

People in the UK, where do you buy from?

Because I'm dying to get the HG Grimoire, but Amazon have it being unusually expensive, and none of the stores are offering decent shipping. It's all "Expected delivery: sometime between now and death of universe".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 1, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Because I'm dying to get the HG Grimoire, but Amazon have it being unusually expensive, and none of the stores are offering decent shipping. It's all "Expected delivery: sometime between now and death of universe".

I have yet to work out any website to order gunpla from in the UK that doesn't have hideous markups or ridiculous shipping. Being a gunpla fan here is truly suffering.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

Did you not notice that there were little rulers right next to the steps that required you to cut wire? Because that poo poo was a breeze.

Doesn't change the fact that I have slightly shaky hands and one of them is cut at a pretty hilarious angle as a result. It's not visible but it still bugs me a bit.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Dutch here but close enough:
Hlj, amimai and sometimes even USA amazon and letting an irl friend in NC mail it through to Europe. :v:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i started reading the second line of your post and thought you were speaking dutch until i got to the end

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

muike posted:

i started reading the second line of your post and thought you were speaking dutch until i got to the end
My native tongue is really ugly on the ears of most anglosphere inhabitants, but it isn't pure gibberish sir. :colbert:

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
Finished up the Ginkei's construction.

Somebody was asking about the difficulty of the build - The biggest issues I came across were that the bits of 'wing' on the gray rails coming of the main wing are fiddly as hell and require cementing. Also, the instructions have you build two different versions of that piece without telling you that either step is optional, so. :v: The only other aside I have is that the way the main body fits together is a bit loose, so I really recommend cementing a lot of it, too. The build isn't that bad at all, but we'll see how the waterslide decals go :froggonk:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

signalnoise posted:

Yeah Dickeye, your impulse control sucks

RIP Signoise.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
That picture was given to you in confidence

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

signalnoise posted:

That picture was given to you in confidence

We need to have a serious talk. We think you have a problem with plastic robots.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

eh having a backlog of about fifteen kits isn't so bad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Monaghan posted:

eh having a backlog of about fifteen kits isn't so bad.
Gunpla/Plamo Thread IV - A backlog of fifteen kits isn't so bad.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Poison Mushroom posted:

Gunpla/Plamo Thread IV - A backlog of fifteen kits isn't so bad.

Speaking of thread titles, should we think about getting a new thread going in the near future? Looking back, this one has lasted longer than the previous and with over double the pages to boot. I'd be down for working on it if Mecha Gojira doesn't want to do it again.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of thread titles, should we think about getting a new thread going in the near future? Looking back, this one has lasted longer than the previous and with over double the pages to boot. I'd be down for working on it if Mecha Gojira doesn't want to do it again.

We talked about this last spring, and no one had the time or energy to do so. If you want to write a new thread, by all means go for it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gunpla Thread IV: Playing with Toys because No One Will Play With Our Dicks

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Literally The Worst posted:

I am married with an active sex life I will have you know :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think that's just you...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khisanth Magus posted:

I am married with an active sex life I will have you know :colbert:

Pull the other one (The other one is your neglected dick)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Pull the other one (The other one is your neglected dick)

Gunpla/Plamo Thread IV - High Grade Neglected Dicks

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Strike Impulse

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV - You Can (Not) Escape

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV - my other thread is a web shop exclusive

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gunpla Thread Mk IV: This thread links to the addiction thread in TCC.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gunpla Thread Mk IV: A Kick in the RB-79 Balls.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm late but for every astray you don't buy I'll buy 5 and for every astray you do buy I'll buy 5. I also thought the RD announcement was RG at first and lemme tell ya as excited as I am for a RD Fuunsaiki (very) it pales to the 15 seconds of joy I had thinking of a real grade horsie.

Gunpla Thread Mk IV: Sold my soul to the tamashii store

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Gunpla Thread MK IV: They aren't action figures Dad they are mode

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gunpla Thread Mk IV: Everything Good is Still a No-Grade

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

How's the Bandai The Big O kit

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lessail posted:

Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV - my other thread is a web shop exclusive

We have a winner. :)

The thread is coming along steadily. Once I finish the descriptions for the Gundam "grades" i'll get it posted and work on the Koto/SRC/SOC stuff when I get some extra time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
New thread is up!

• Locked thread