Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's possible that happened at the exact same moment I broke the shield trying to assemble this loving Phenex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

TaurusOxford posted:

Who wants to see what happens when your action base gives out and your Full Armor Unicorn Gundam falls three feet to the floor:

You have no loving idea who much I just want to say gently caress it and chuck the thing in the trash...

yet another reason why unicorn is a clusterfuck of bad design.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I can't believe the v-fin survived.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EthanSteele posted:

I can't believe the v-fin survived.

The body/weapons broke its fall. :v:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The mg unicorn leads to nothing but tears and anger. At least it looks like you can reassemble it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, my GM Sniper K9 and HG Turn A arrived today. Also got a pair of extra "HG Customize Campaign" weapon sets with them (C which is some kind of beam rifle, it looks like, and E which is some dual-sword looking thing).

I just got my Crossbone Maoh home from the post office, and I got C as well. Which was the only one in the set I didn't want to get :negative:. I think it's meant to be a bullpup sniper rifle, judging by the scope and shape. The two I'd actually like out of the set are D; the bigass Hyper Laser thing, and F; the gatling gun.

edit: Wow, the Crossbone Maoh is tiny. I don't own them so I can't make a direct comparison, but I'm guessing it's on the scale of the F91 and V Gundams.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 16, 2014

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah Crossbone is the followup to F91, it even shares a character!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah Crossbone is the followup to F91, it even shares a character!

Huh, didn't know they were connected. Whooo wants Crossbone pics?

The Cutlass is nice, and the blade's goddamn huge, but the handle's narrow enough that it'll slip. The flintlock pistol's got it's own special hands with a tab in the palm to hold the pistol in place.

The combined rifle's got it's own special hand to hold it (though only one for the right hand), set on an angle to hold it parallel with the wrist and it sits nice and snug. The rifle from the Custom Campaign's alright for a free gun, and it's about the same quality as any other HG weapon.

The bone weapons stay nice and steady, but I wish there was a polycap in the wrist.

:yohoho:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I know I shouldn't have had super high expectations for a high grade, but that seam right along the back of the buster gun seems like something bandai could've avoided, and the big peg that plugs it into the waist is ugly. Oh well, I'll still get the x-1 when it comes out and hope the inevitable x-2's shotlancer looks good

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
Anyone have any input on the red Musha MG set? I'm thinking about grabbing one and doing it up in orange/blue/bronze..

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's a good kit, since it's basically the OYW Gundam. It needs some work to make the samurai armor really look good though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had one of these fall off a shelf while I was at work.

Literally named the Armored Core FRAGILE it certainly lived up to its name. I got it 95% put back together but a few little nibs snapped off and have yet to be glued back on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

homo punching bag posted:

I had one of these fall off a shelf while I was at work.

Literally named the Armored Core FRAGILE it certainly lived up to its name. I got it 95% put back together but a few little nibs snapped off and have yet to be glued back on.

I built one of those a couple of years ago and it has always looked like a snow scraper to me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Speaking of fragile, I got bored so I decided to repair the car crash that was once my FA Unicorn, and here is the results:

Improvements include:

- Putting his feet and lower legs back into Unicorn mode to improve his proportions slightly
- Having him standing with an action base attached so he now has three legs
- Half of the weapons are gone
- Superglued all joints minus the ankles and hip joints, cause gently caress this flimsy thing

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

3 hours of work, and the thing only breaks just as I'm about to finish. :negative:

This was a test sheet so I'm not that torn up (and from this I learned that priority one is to get this sheet trimmed down to a more cuttable size), but drat that's just a slap in the face. Oh well, time to practice detailing with superglue.

EDIT: Wow that didn't work out. Eh, screw the feather effect, I'll just sand and spray glitter everywhere. :effort:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 19, 2014

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

BlitzBlast posted:

3 hours of work, and the thing only breaks just as I'm about to finish. :negative:

This was a test sheet so I'm not that torn up (and from this I learned that priority one is to get this sheet trimmed down to a more cuttable size), but drat that's just a slap in the face. Oh well, time to practice detailing with superglue.

EDIT: Wow that didn't work out. Eh, screw the feather effect, I'll just sand and spray glitter everywhere. :effort:

What is it? Making your own beam wing effects for the back of the V2?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

how thick is that clear blue plastic? it seems really thick for the effect your trying to pull off.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

1/8th of an inch, and like I said priority one is to get it trimmed down to like 1/16th. Both so it'll fit in the V2's thrusters, and so cutting out a piece doesn't take hours of effort.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Skull weapon set's got some new pictures up and it looks badass in its actual colours :black101:.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Skull weapon set's got some new pictures up and it looks badass in its actual colours :black101:.

Looks like something from Einhander or Outlaw Star, which I can definitely get behind. Man I wish Crossbone Maoh had gotten more screen time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well the V2's done so back to making slow but steady progress on this. Too bad the 1/100 DX is coming in today so this build is going to take even longer since i'll be building them at the same time. :shepface:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Look what showed up just in time for my birthday: http://imgur.com/a/jlsif (Too many pictures to directly link)

SRC Genesic GaoGaiGar

I also got my HGs of Wing Zero and 00 Raiser. Project Wing Raiser Zero can finally begin. :)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Guess the Zeta Plus is a thing that's happening. Hopefully it's moderately stabler than the HGUC Zeta. ...Who am I kidding of course it won't be!
EDIT: vvv Hot drat I'm excited for that, guess they really mean it when they say "All Gundam Project!"
EDIT AGAIN: :allears: Bandai, you know the direct route to both my heart and my wallet...

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 23, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Get hype X fans, cause HGAW Gundam Airmaster is coming as well: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgaw-1144-gw-9800-gundam-airmaster.html

Now get SUPER hype! HG Exia Amazing and HG Fenice Rinascita announced! http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgbf-1144-gundam-exia-amazing-hgbf-1144.html

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 23, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

TaurusOxford posted:

Get hype X fans, cause HGAW Gundam Airmaster is coming as well: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgaw-1144-gw-9800-gundam-airmaster.html

Now get SUPER hype! HG Exia Amazing and HG Fenice Rinascita announced! http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgbf-1144-gundam-exia-amazing-hgbf-1144.html

Airmaster makes sense. Its hat is used on the Build MkII, right?

OH poo poo YOUR EDIT

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The best part about Airmaster is that it finally confirms All Gundam will cover the side Gundams too. So loving pumped for a complete HGAW set. :allears:

Also I guess I'll just straight build my Dark Matter instead of converting it then. Guess I'll just pose them together!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The best part about Airmaster is that it finally confirms All Gundam will cover the side Gundams too. So loving pumped for a complete HGAW set. :allears:

I guess that means they might finally make versions of rest of the SEED G-Project Gundams that aren't crap as well.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
And for another kit coming completely out of nowhere, Dolores from the Zone of the Enders Dolores series is getting a kit: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3732&page=top

I'm suprised how little is being said about this one. It's like it came out of thin air!

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 23, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:fap: I think this proves that the HG kits from BF sold drat well, and I can understand because I want so many of them.

Also there is a Gyan Vulcan booster coming :v:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

TARDISman posted:

Guess the Zeta Plus is a thing that's happening. Hopefully it's moderately stabler than the HGUC Zeta. ...Who am I kidding of course it won't be!
EDIT: vvv Hot drat I'm excited for that, guess they really mean it when they say "All Gundam Project!"
EDIT AGAIN: :allears: Bandai, you know the direct route to both my heart and my wallet...

Super hype

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

TaurusOxford posted:

How hard do I have to throw my wallet at my PC to get these released today?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
My progress so far on Wing Raiser Zero:

The V-fin was a pain in the rear end to get put on, but other than that it's going smoothly. I just need to be careful with painting. At least acrylic is easy to scrap off if I mess up any.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

The best part about Airmaster is that it finally confirms All Gundam will cover the side Gundams too.

Please, please, please let this mean we eventually get a HGFC Nether Gundam. :pray:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/04/megahouse-cosmo-fleet-collection.html Not sure what scale it is but I guess we're finally getting a new ship model! Would've been nice to get the Ra Cailum but the Nahel Argama's pretty sweet.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man I'm really glad I chose to get the 1/100 DX instead of the DX + G-Falcon.

Not only do I not even want to imagine trying to make the G-Falcon less of a piece of poo poo without a handy HG to use as reference,

but the fuckton of accessories packed in are awesome and guaranteed to not be on the inevitable actual MG.

Too bad for my MG GX though. It's just gonna stay half completed until the DX catches up to it.

EDIT: By the way, that white piece on the DX's action base? It's supposed to be gray. :v:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 24, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just when you thought you'd seen the last Unicorn Gundam, There's a special-edition 7-11 one coming :regd08:. That said, I actually kinda like it. The transparent pieces make it look like it's full of green slurpee or something.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

What the hell is Bandai's deal with 7-11, anyway? do they share a parent company or something?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just when you thought you'd seen the last Unicorn Gundam, There's a special-edition 7-11 one coming :regd08:. That said, I actually kinda like it. The transparent pieces make it look like it's full of green slurpee or something.

I'm just wondering who the hell goes to a convenience store to buy a plastic model kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

I'm just wondering who the hell goes to a convenience store to buy a plastic model kit.

Sounds rather convenient to me :haw:.

• Locked thread