Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I still can't picture anything but the Sinanju's arms frantically working a bunch of 19th-century steampunk levers and pulleys behind those arm covers, just trying to keep the drat thing flying level :allears:.

You say steampunk levers and pulleys and I hear the Getter Robo cockpit from Armageddon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I still can't picture anything but the Sinanju's arms frantically working a bunch of 19th-century steampunk levers and pulleys behind those arm covers, just trying to keep the drat thing flying level :allears:.

Yeah I basically pictured the ridiculous control system from Gurren Lagann with the bigger bots

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DamnGlitch posted:

Wait seriously?

The only HG I have is the unicorn and I thought it would be neat to get the NZ and sinaju at some point and just have those three as a set. What's missing from the NZ sinaju pack-in?

(what's the going price USD for a NZ anyway. My local shop has it for like 270)

That's about right. Mine was 285ish with shipping from HLJ.

Speaking of Neo Zeongs, here's mine after my second sitting working on it (approx 1.5 hours)

No progress on the NZ itself, but I finished the Sinanju's upper body and one leg. The decals are what's slowing me down, really. First time I've ever bothered doing too much in the way of decals, and it's only because it pops so well.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ordered a HG Asshimar, cant wait to build the little orange green fucker. Gonna wait for a alittle before ordering a Messala to complete my zeta gundam - non zeta gundam transforming collection while saving Zeta gundam to get a MG version after I practice more. gently caress, I love the grunt suits.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Literally The Worst posted:

That's about right. Mine was 285ish with shipping from HLJ.

My local Hobbyco, notorious for price gouging and death, actually have it for 260 which is insane. I was expecting so so so much more. This is in Australia too.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I bought a Revell Space Shuttle kit yesterday and I've gotta say it's amazing what Bandai does with anime robot guys. The shuttle kit costs about as much here as a gundam kit does in Japan and what you get for your money is a ton of flash, little detail and awful fitting parts. It's a shame, really.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I finally finished my first gunpla

Not sure which one to do next, probably one that doesn't take like 12 hours

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

signalnoise posted:

One of us, one of us, one of us...

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Ledenko posted:

I bought a Revell Space Shuttle kit yesterday and I've gotta say it's amazing what Bandai does with anime robot guys. The shuttle kit costs about as much here as a gundam kit does in Japan and what you get for your money is a ton of flash, little detail and awful fitting parts. It's a shame, really.

To be fair, that kit is almost 40 years old. Still, if you look at newer American kits of supposedly popular subjects like Star Trek and whatnot you'll find that although the quality is better, the overall paradigm has changed very little. Nobody's doing the sort of stuff Japan is or anything even close to it, and modeling has become such a niche hobby in the west that they likely never will.

(it's really weird that there aren't any good kits of the shuttle… like, really weird)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

signalnoise posted:

Step one is to line those loving panels, boy.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

What model is that?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Master Grade Red Frame Kai from Astray.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Phase 3 of the NZ build:

Sinanju is finished, upper body of the NZ is finished minus arms and thrusters (those come later. Spray paint can for size reference.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh man, that's big. The local store where I live has a single Neo Zeong box, it's being used as basically a table to stack the other new gunpla releases on top of. I don't know what they'd do if someone bought the drat thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Koopa Kid posted:

Oh man, that's big. The local store where I live has a single Neo Zeong box, it's being used as basically a table to stack the other new gunpla releases on top of. I don't know what they'd do if someone bought the drat thing.
I'd assume they'd just buy a table.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd assume they'd just buy a much cheaper table.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Haha, pretty much. I was more alluding to the fact that they'd have to move like 30 other boxes just to get to it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

That sure is a Nu vKa. I'd pose it or fully transform it but :effort:.

This is probably the first time Samuel Decal being a third party decal distributor has bit me in the rear end. His reproduction of the Nu vKa's waterslides were pretty low quality, so the manual's recommended decal setup was out of the question. I don't particularly care for vKa's signature decal overdose though, so this wasn't much of a setback.

Did have fun with the additional decals SD packs in though. They're for the original MG Hi-Nu, but it's easy enough to find spaces to put them on the vKa.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Stage 4

I don't know where to put this

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Wear it as body armour.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Stage 4

drat, old son, you are getting through that at a pace!

ActionZero posted:

Wear it as body armour.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mordja posted:

drat, old son, you are getting through that at a pace!

It's an incredibly simple build, the hardest part is finding the right runners, and I build quickly.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Stage 4

I don't have any suggestions on where to put it, but you should use a Ball instead of the Sinanju and make the Neo Ball.

I really want something like that to show up in Build Fighters...

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BlitzBlast posted:

This is probably the first time Samuel Decal being a third party decal distributor has bit me in the rear end. His reproduction of the Nu vKa's waterslides were pretty low quality

Low quality in what way? Is that typical of his product?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Probably the main issue was the more intricate decals not coming out right.

For example, the decal on the wrists is supposed to be a white box with "text" in it. The SD reproduction was just a plain white box. A lot of similar decals had the same problem; the bigger ones came out okay, so it's probably just an issue of scale. The decals were also supposed to be pre-cut, and I suppose they were but not particularly well; I pretty much had to cut them out myself. I also wanna say the gray decals didn't really come out all that great, and I do recall Samuel warning me about that.

Honestly his stuff is usually a lot better than that, I guess I just got a really bad print.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gentlemen, behold.

The world's finest pussy deflector

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Put the Mellow Yellow in the neck hole and claim it's a cup holder. Plausible deniability, man.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gentlemen, behold.

The world's finest pussy deflector

God you work fast.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's an incredibly simple kit that's really no more complex than ANY HGUC kit and that goes together very easily (and also yeah I'm good with my hands. I can do a regular HG in ~4 hours, RG/MG in ~8).

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It's an incredibly simple kit that's really no more complex than ANY HGUC kit and that goes together very easily (and also yeah I'm good with my hands. I can do a regular HG in ~4 hours, RG/MG in ~8).

Keep in mind I'm probably close to ten hours now on my Miss Sazabi.
I work at the rate of molasses.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Seriously, I'd try to turn it into a Jäger dispenser or something. Bottom line tho, I wouldn't take anything that large into my home unless it was paying rent.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Bimmi posted:

Seriously, I'd try to turn it into a Jäger dispenser or something. Bottom line tho, I wouldn't take anything that large into my home unless it was paying rent.

The box is your home now.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Nondevor posted:

I don't have any suggestions on where to put it, but you should use a Ball instead of the Sinanju and make the Neo Ball.

Holy gently caress, I really like this idea. I may have to do it on my Neo Zong. Especially since I was screwed out of a psycho shard.

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
Day two and 5 hours later:

All that's left to do before I do some cementing is painting. There are a couple of parts that don't fit as well together as they should, namely the inner 'wing' panels, but I'd planned on cementing them in to begin with. This kit has way too many tiny parts that could be lost far too easily not to secure them :shobon: I have a desperate need for the white Ginkei to go along with it now.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Just finished this bad boy right here.

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/tUIMd

Edit: It's a robert.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

peeNamaste posted:

Just finished this bad boy right here.

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/tUIMd

Edit: It's a robert.

Nice weathering work there!

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

John Carstairs posted:

Put the Mellow Yellow in the neck hole and claim it's a cup holder. Plausible deniability, man.

I've seen someone mod the fuel tanks into water bottles that still attach and stuff. Go all the way...!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The G-Self and Fenice Renescita are now out in Japan. Also, looking at The G-Self's instructions, it looks like it's a step back compared to most modern HG's - the thighs have no horizontal rotation.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And here I thought the SBS was sticker heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

It does seem that most of them are for going under the transparent pieces.

• Locked thread