Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
What is the general consensus on the MG Aegis? I'm really tossing up between it and the Epyon. What are your recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

TaurusOxford posted:

That reminds me that I have to finish my MG ZZ Gundam. God this is such an archaic MG...

Edit: China Gunpla

-1/144 Deep Striker Ex-S has been announced!

Dear God... I really hope it's "reasonably" priced. It is such a cool design but the rarity of the GFF makes it insanely expensive.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Mecha Gojira posted:

Man, the Deep Striker is based around a robot whose name is literally pronounced "excess." Reasonable is kind of out of the question.

Not that I wouldn't mind more official Sentinel releases. Come on, Bandai. MG Ex-S 2.0. You can even call it a Ver. Ka for all I care.

I meant reasonable in terms of what it is. So over $100 would probably be ok. Not like 2-300 that some of these weird kits end up at

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd have thought they'd start milking 00 for RG suits by now.

But why bother when there are still perfectly good seed kits to remake for the hundredth time.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What would you guys recommend to fix the terrible "gold plastic" in something like an MG strike freedom sans a compressor and paint gun?

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

muike posted:

Spray cans I suppose. You could even spray them on the runner. The best solution is not buying a strike freedom, of course.

Yeah, now I know that... I've had it sitting on my shelf for years. I really want an Aegis/Epyon but won't buy it until I build or sell this one.

edit: Any aussie goons got a burning desire for one?

Vahtooch fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 6, 2013

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

neurotech posted:

I'm an Aussie goon...

What sort of price? Is it one of these?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948083

It is. How does 45 + shipping sound?

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hahahahahaha. For once, just once, Aussies don't get the short end of the stick. There's a few local modelling supply stores where I live that stock gunpla kits, with HG's around the $20/$30 mark, RG's around the $35/40, and MG's around the $50 mark.

Where is this magical place you speak of?

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What's the general consensus on Dragon Momoko stuff? I was looking into getting a Hi-Nu Gundoom and the site also has a MG Epyon which I've wanted for ages. Reviews seem pretty positive overall. Anyone had any experience?

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

It's not Bandai quality, but if you go in expecting everything to be perfect you'll never be satisfied. If you want it, get it.

If you have the option of choosing between a bootleg MG and an actual MG though, you should probably just take the real MG. Unless the bootleg has some really nifty bonuses anyways.

It's a fair bit cheaper considering free postage to Australia. Also comes with a cool see through orange whip.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Yeah, it's really impressive, especially since it isn't a MG. If I could somehow justify the orange one I'd get them both... It's so garish and beautiful and apparently it comes with the wing effect parts as well. I don't think my friends would ever let me live that down, and the funnel display parts on the normal one are really just too cool to pass up.

Vahtooch fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 13, 2014

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Just got a new toy. First Gundam I've bought in like 7 years, so very keen. The wing effect parts are also utterly enormous! Gonna make a great butterfly centrepiece on my shelf.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

I found a really fluffy feather duster lying around home the other day, it worked amazingly.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

That's about right. Mine was 285ish with shipping from HLJ.

My local Hobbyco, notorious for price gouging and death, actually have it for 260 which is insane. I was expecting so so so much more. This is in Australia too.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Mecha Gojira posted:

There's a new Blue Frame variant coming out, though.[/url]

I do really love how with each successive Astray the design process seems to be "Let's give it another sword. No wait, two. No wait... LETS MAKE IT SUPER POINTY!" It makes me so happy. I really need to pick up one of the Red Frame MG's, either the Sengoku or the one where the backpack turns into a huge bow thing.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

signalnoise posted:

I got both, haven't built the Sengoku yet but the giant bowsword jetpack thing is a massive unwieldy pain in the rear end and it's hard to make it look really cool in my opinion

Ah drat that's really sad as I've always been a fan of ridiculous backpacks and weapons and other things.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

So after having recently researched GitS: SAC I really want a tachikoma model but there are so many different ones available. Anyone have any experience or recommendations? Either a model kit or a figure, as long as I can pose it doing silly things I'd be fairly happy.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The 1/35-scale Kotobukiya Tachikoma kit should see you right. I have one sitting on my desk right now, and couldn't be happier with it. Great range of motion, no stickers, and polycap joints in everything so it'll sit stable.

Can you post a picture of it doing something cute? I had a look at them all today and the revoltech ones seem to have the most personality so far. But I spose there weren't any review blogs of either the koto or wave kits.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

is amiami not australia friendly? Is it a tax issue?

I've never tried amiami but I have had zero problems using HLJ to get kits over here. Even with shipping its still usually far cheaper than local.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Zedd posted:

I forgot who was working on a MG version of it, but FA Gundam Unicorn Plan B looks pretty cool in this 1/144 form:

Oh wow this is awesome. I'm just going to assume that it needs an action base to pose even slightly? Is the 144 worth getting compared to the MG, from all the problems the MG's seem to have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

some of the cooler zoids are getting a rerelease

on amiami now

I bought far too many zoids before koto made them 10x more awesome... That gunsniper is just so over the top and ridiculous. I love it. It's utterly obscene what my local Hobbyco want for one

• Locked thread