Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Dishonored is all about gameplay freedom, play however the hell you want. (I also quickloaded a lot.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I am in the magic assassin base and I want to steal the key while leaving a note in the guys pants. All while nobody sees me. I think I spent an hour doing it over and over until I realised I am terrible and gave up.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
While it can be fun in and of itself to quick-load your way to the 'perfect' run, one reason (of many) I particularly love Dishonored so much is that when poo poo goes *bad*, you have plenty of options at your disposal to try and save the situation, be it lethally or non-lethally.

Edit: I'd also recommend gimmick runs to people who haven't tried them. E.g. not using talents at all, or restricting talent use to a small subset (ideally ones you don't commonly use). It is one of the most diversely re-playable single-player games I've seen.

magimix fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 30, 2014

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

That is frigging awesome :dance:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

HAmbONE posted:

Picked up this game for sale and it seems great. Unfortunately I didn't read this thread first and started being a horrible quickloader. I really need to break that habit because I shouldn't be going for a "perfect run" on the first try.

Never stop blinkin'

I tend to quickload a lot in games not because I gently caress up a lot but I like to have a "canon" run. If I want to complete an objective in a certain fashion or kill a group of enemies in a short amount of time, whatever, I'll quickload a few times until I'm satisfied.

Yeah, it's weird as hell :downs:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

fennesz posted:

I tend to quickload a lot in games not because I gently caress up a lot but I like to have a "canon" run. If I want to complete an objective in a certain fashion or kill a group of enemies in a short amount of time, whatever, I'll quickload a few times until I'm satisfied.

Yeah, it's weird as hell :downs:

It's not weird. Well, if it is, then I'm weird too. We can be weird together.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's fucken weird.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Jesus Christ, I'm in love all over again. And my heart breaks, because I will never be this good. :smith:

http://youtu.be/R46RoDuJin8

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Holy poo poo the bolt from the sky.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ravenfood posted:

Holy poo poo the bolt from the sky.
Two bolts from the sky.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

Jesus Christ, I'm in love all over again. And my heart breaks, because I will never be this good. :smith:

http://youtu.be/R46RoDuJin8

Stopping time to place a razormine beneath a leaping enemy is just inspired. As is throwing a grenade, stopping time, shooting said grenade with a bolt, and unfreezing time to create some kind of whale punk flak cannon.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

What a scrub, playing with the alertness indicators. :smug:

Still though, that was pretty good.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Accordion Man posted:

Two bolts from the sky.

wait, no wait, no. He shot up into the sky and it managed to hit the dude by the gate? twice? How is that remotely possible. I mean I saw it, but...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sebmojo posted:

wait, no wait, no. He shot up into the sky and it managed to hit the dude by the gate? twice? How is that remotely possible. I mean I saw it, but...

First bolt somehow killed the guy by on the rooftop (he seems to have had to shoot him in the leg once to keep the target in place) second bolt killed the gate guard dead-center. Somehow.

Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know how the hell you can be that accurate AND how that bolt managed to remain in the air for so long.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Also he shot two bolts at about the same time but the second came down quite some time after the first. What? Is there some kind of physics engine fuckery going on here?

How did he even begin to figure that out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
A whole lot of testing. But I'm pretty sure he's keeping the objective markers on so he knows at which point of the sky to aim.

• Locked thread