Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
:siren: This game is more fun if you don't quickload every time you're spotted. :siren:
Maybe other stealth games have taught you that being spotted = screwing up and screwing up = reload, but in Dishonored, you have magic powers that let you escape. If guards spot you, blink away, preferably out of their line of sight, then run and hide in a dark spot behind something. Or freeze time and escape. Or possess a rat. If you reload every time you screw up, the game is too easy and you won't see awesome emergent gameplay. If you go with the flow and use the options open to you, a stealth playthrough is just as exciting and varied as a "kill everyone" playthrough.

Reviews are pouring in, and the acclaim is, well:

quote:

Dishonored is a work of rare imagination and skill, the sort of thing that can’t simply be copied and repeated. - Rock Paper Shotgun

quote:

Where most games have strict rules and guidelines, Dishonored has suggestions. Suggestions that it encourages you to mess around with at every turn. Blending the do-what-you-want structure of Deus Ex with the masterful world design of BioShock, this game is really something special. - Kotaku

quote:

The benefit of ignoring market-driven thinking shines throughout Dishonored’s asymmetric story of politics and comeuppance. It is aggressively different from anything else you’ll play this year, though old-school PC gamers will feel the threads of familiarity strummed again and again as Dishonored borrows and steals material from a wide variety of influences to make something new. But Dishonored’s clear vision and thoughtful design choices make for an experience that feels different, new, and more importantly, uniquely engaging. - Polygon

quote:

That’s why Dishonored is important right now. It feels like a game from another timeline, one where Thief and System Shock set the bar for what first-person games could be, leading to designs that were built around intelligent use of space and world-building. - Rock Paper Shotgun again

RATS!

Gameplay Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XbQgdSlsd0

Rendered Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlQ0aV_Iw1k

What is Dishonored?
Dishonored is a game by Arkane Studios. Arkane is the developer behind Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Its Co-creative Director is a guy named Harvey Smith. If you've never heard of him, you've definitely heard of some of his games: System Shock, Deus Ex, and Thief* (plus BlackSite: Area 51, which we will never speak of again). This is a wonderful article that goes into the history of the studio and the people behind it. And if you hate reading, here's a video about the studio's heritage!

* It turns out that Wikipedia is wrong. Harvey Smith never worked on Thief.

I asked about Dishonored, not Arkane Studios.
Sorry. Arkane wanted to make another game like all those awesome games I just mentioned. Specifically, they making a game where you play as an assassin with magic powers, set in a Victorian steampunk city inspired by London in the 1940's. The game focuses on many different paths to your objective, huge amounts of choice in how you carry out your assassinations, reactivity to the various choices you make, including the moral ones, and also you can turn into rats. You can use guns and swords and daggers and who knows what else.

Did you say Victorian steampunk London in the 1940's? What the hell does that even mean?
This video will explain everything, but here's the short version: the game is set in Dunwall, a dense, intricate Victorian city with a painterly look and steampunk technology inspired by the design of 1940's London. There are soldiers that walk around on giant metal stilts firing lightning bows. And there's a plague going on.

This game is pretty
The art design in this game is the responsibility of two people: Sebastian Mittion and Viktor Antonov. Viktor Antonov worked on the world and all the crazy machines. Antonov is the guy who designed much of Half-Life 2, particularly all that iconic Combine architecture. The character designs were directed by by Sebastian Mittion, and I don't know who he is but the characters look neat. The game itself is like playing inside of a painting. It's beautiful in a way that's very different from lots of other games.

What is the gameplay like?
Imagine Thief plus Hitman plus System Shock (or BioShock if you're not that old). You explore large, intricate levels, sneaking past or shooting or otherwise dealing with enemies, talking with people, and using your awesome weapons, gadgets, and supernatural powers to accomplish your objective. Your objective is to assassinate people but you can beat the game without killing anyone. There are secrets hidden everywhere and more ways to approach each encounter than there are rats in the sewers.

FAQ
    Q: I want low chaos/ghost/no kills! But don't spoil anything.
    A:
    PC Gamer has you covered.

Q: How do I holster my weapon?
    A: Hold down the "use" button (default F).

Q: I saved Curnow in the first assassination mission but the game says he died!
    A: The game is sort of weird about what counts as saving him. If you knock him unconscious, there is a dumpster you need to dump him in. You'll need to turn on the UI to find the magic dumpster unless you are psychic. If you don't knock him out, like, for instance, if you swap the poisoned drink, sometimes he runs away and is fine.

Q: The FOV is too low.
    A: You must be a PC gamer! Via TheCoon:

quote:

Until someone comes up with something better you can rebind a button to whatever fov you want in DishonoredInput.ini, for example:

BaseBindings=(Name="Backspace",Command="FOV 100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Alternatively, Klyith suggests Flawless Widescreen. Over and over again.

Q: A corpse disappeared :(
    A:
    Via Hank Morgan, a fix that hopefully doesn't break anything - edit your DishonoredAI.ini in [documents]\my games\dishonours\config to look like this:
    code:
    m_bCorpseCleanupInView=False
    m_CorpseAbsoluteMaximumCount=100
    m_CorpseIdealMaximumCount=50
    Q: How do I skip the intro movies?
    A:
    Via Klyith:
    • Go to Documents\My Games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config
    • Open DishonoredEngine.ini in a text editor
    • Scroll way down or crtl+f to [FullScreenMovie]
    • Delete lines for startup movies you don't want to see, or just edit "bForceNoStartupMovies=false" to true for no movies at all. I like to keep the blackscreen & loading movie just for feedback.

Q: What's the code to the safe in the sewers at the start of the game? I've examined every whiskey bottle in the area for 10 minutes!
    A: There's a shelf full of whiskey near the safe. Look at the shelf. Alternatively, do you play a lot of these kinds of games? System Shock, Deus Ex, BioShock, etc.? Just guess the code.

Q: Should I turn the quest markers off?
    A:
    Yes, turn them right the gently caress off! Right now. And squeeze the heart in every new area. That will make sense to you at some point in the game.

Q: Do you think I will get my own squad after what happened last night?
    A:
    Indeed, I believe so.

More stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wW7b0wYD3Y

TychoCelchuuu fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Adam Bowen posted:

edit: What was Harvey Smith's role in Deus Ex and System Shock? That's quite a resume, but I can't find what his actual job was on those.
Looks like he was "Lead Tester" on System Shock (although somehow he wrote part of the manual too?), "Lead Designer" on Deus Ex, and "Creative Director" for Deus Ex 2 Fast 2 Furiously Invisible. Also it turns out he didn't work on Thief, so Wikipedia was lying to me.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Then Arx Fatalis comes home from work early and Thief 2 hurriedly pulls its pants on and tries to leave out the window only to fall on Deus Ex. Then System Shock walks over from the house next door to figure out what the hell is going on, but just then that douchebag Deus Ex Invisible War comes home from college with his boring rear end girlfriend Far Cry 2, and he wants to kick everyone out so he can host a big party and invite his friends like Strife and Ultima Underworld even though they're creepy 28 year old guys who hit on high school girls.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Lotish posted:

Any word on the game's level of difficulty? It seems right in line with my wife's interests thematically, but she's bad at playing 3-D games and couldn't handle typical gamer-difficulty (as in, she plays Skyrim on it's lowest setting and still has trouble). I want to encourage her continued gaming but it's dependent on the games themselves taking it easy on her.

I haven't seen the developers say anywhere "we are going to have a mode for people who suck at games" but I wouldn't hold out hope. Hopefully you can just edit an .ini or use cheat codes or something to bump her health up 500% or whatever.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
You're thinking The Crossing and no, that was canceled and is unrelated to this.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Had me at 'Deus Ex, Thief' lost me at 'Victorian Steampunk.'

As GoldenNugget points out, Thief is one of the most steampunkiest game series. I mean, what's more steampunk than Thief other than Arcanum, Greed Corp, and Bioshock?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Dodoman posted:

Their artist worked on HL2, didn't he?

From the OP:

quote:

The art design is being handled by two people: Viktor Antonov is working on the world and all these crazy machines. Antonov is the guy who designed much of Half-Life 2, particularly all that iconic Combine architecture. The characters are being directed by Sebastian Mittion, and I don't know who he is but the characters look neat.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Something like that, I think. Check out this screengrab from the first video linked in the OP:

Totally a whale. I also should've grabbed an earlier frame because the boat design is even neater when you can see the prow.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
That's super weird that there are two people with the last name Smith. I mean, what are the chances? Probably like one in a zillion. I've learned my lesson about trusting Wikipedia though.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
An interview on the stealth gameplay with two of the people in charge of the game. Choice quote:

quote:

what are your thoughts on stealth gameplay being included as one possible path or playstyle, as opposed to the main focus of the game?

Raf: This is the approach we’re taking with Dishonored: you can chose a stealth approach or attack head on, or in combination. My personal thought on this is that it supports simulation and player choice, which is always a good thing from our standpoint.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I was browsing the official forums for this game (long story) and apparently someone found some screenshots somewhere. They're aliased all to hell and at different resolutions and look unfinished but hey, more screenshots.

Links to some of the least ugly ones (warning, some are huuuuuge):

http://s4.noelshack.com/old/up/dishonored20120319034257237-5de0991459.jpg
http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/19991826727389_dishonored20120319031813874.jpg
http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/3939278932710_dishonored20120319032637912.jpg
http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/21097749574044_dishonored20120319032757028.jpg
http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/2153871211338_dishonored20120319034758625.jpg
http://s4.noelshack.com/uploads/images/12450512314251_dishonored20120319035411135.jpg

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Tewratomeh posted:

This is looking better than BioShock: Infinite, both in art direction and some of the gameplay concepts. I'm a little confused though... I don't mean to be pedantic but how was this game "inspired by 1660's London", "inspired by the Victorian Era", and then set in the 1940's?

It's their game, they can do whatever the hell they want, but that's three different eras. I'm just trying to figure out if there's some method to all that anachronistic madness or if it's just a clusterfuck of "hey, let's mash together all these different time periods".

This video explains everything. Short version: the city is inspired by Victorian London, but to keep things fresh they imported visual elements from 1940's London, especially for the steampunk technology. I'm not sure where you got 1660's from but I know London had plenty of old buildings from the seventeenth century that were still around in the Victorian era (check it out).

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
It's true that this game's art style is more than can be summed up with any sort of "____punk" word. It's not as traditionally steampunk (in the sense of "not as many things run on steam") as BioShock or BioShock Infinite, and both of those games also have some dieselpunk elements (whatever the heck that means, because it seems like there's disagreement even about the term), and in any case the stuff in Dishonored is more a product of Victor Antonov's mind than anywhere else, but it definitely is inspired by 1940's London from what they've said, and that sort of aesthetic often gets lumped into steampunk (even if it has little to do with steam) when it's mixed with Victorian era stuff (which Dishonored is doing) so really unless you're one of those people who gets high blood pressure when they see the word "steampunk" because you can't separate crazy people who use hot glue guns to attach watch parts to their vests from the people who think The Difference Engine is a good book, "steampunk" is, I think, a fairly good shorthand to get people to picture a mix of Victorian stylings and modern-yet-not-quite-modern technology (bows and arrows, BUT THEY SHOOT ELECTRICITY, just like BioShock 2 has a shotgun, BUT IT SHOOTS ELECTRICITY, and so on).

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

ZearothK posted:

I'm going to sell this game to people with the claim that it is "Half-Life 2 meets Thief meets Assassin's Creed meets Pathologic meets Steampunk".

You left off Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Farbtoner posted:

I guess actual gameplay was too much to hope for :sigh:
Yes, I think if you expected the pre-rendered trailer that Bethesda releases for their games before they release much gameplay footage to contain any actual gameplay footage, then you were hoping for too much. For example, if I go to a restaurant that always gives everyone a glass of water before they take drink orders, then a Coke is too much to hope for.

If you want gameplay footage you can check out some of the videos in the OP or just chill out a bit and wait for it. I actually like prerendered trailers because I can get an assload of gameplay footage when the game comes out and in the buildup to release, but high quality interpretations of the game's world aren't something we always get. For instance, even if Prey 2 is sadly canceled, at least we got that kickass trailer. Similarly, no matter how awesome or horrible Dishonored is, at least we got a neat trailer set in that world where we got to watch a stilt-guard shoot a napalm arrow at the hoi polloi.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

freeforumuser posted:

Oh, please tell me Bethesda has nothing to do with development other than being the publisher. Skyrim was an abortion of gameplay, plot and sheer bugginess.

From the OP:

What is Dishonored?
Dishonored is the game that Arkane Studios is working on. Arkane is the developer behind Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Its Co-creative Director is a guy named Harvey Smith. If you've never heard of him, you've definitely heard of some of his games: System Shock, Deus Ex, and Thief* (plus BlackSite: Area 51, which we will never speak of again). Here's a video about the studio's heritage!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

second-hand smegma posted:

Here's a 10-point writeup concerning the trailer, contains both speculation and some actual details...

Of note, the mystery whale-oil is called 'Trans', and the stilt-walker cops are called...'Tall Boys'. :D :respek::cheers:

The very first thing on that list (Corvo had a relationship with the Empress) seems entirely unfounded. Just because we hear a female voice before we hear about Corvo being framed for the murder of the Empress doesn't mean that CLEARLY THE FEMALE VOICE MUST BE THE EMPRESS. If I check the last text message John Wilkes Booth got before the assassination, I don't think it's automatically from Abraham Lincoln. Maybe it's just from one of his bros.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

PoisonedV posted:

With every new piece of info about this game I'm starting to get less hopeful for a game with options for a streamlined (and stealth based) experience and more expectant of something bloated and full of slaughter.

The article that the info is from is a really weird article. It says "here's what we learned from watching the trailer" but 80% of it is completely new stuff that appears to be pulled out of their rear end, or some PR info sheet they got long ago and held onto until they needed to write a Dishonored article or something. Like, check out thing #8:

quote:

The Tall Boys have a weak spot

Of course they do. That big glowing tube on their back is most likely a Trans battery powering the Tall Boy rig. Such batteries are volatile so a few good hits with the weapon of your choice will probably be enough to blow the whole arrangement up. The Tall Boys apparently have quite a slow turning circle as well, so getting behind them will be the main tactic if you go up against one.
That's a really weird mix of "here's something we found in the trailer" and "here's some stuff we're guessing" and "here's some information that we've somehow been given but we won't tell you where it's from, we just somehow know they have a slow turning circle."

For my part, these are the guys that made Arx Fatalis, which was kind of the opposite of the sort of game that railroaded you down a certain path. And the way they're clearly going for a Thief vibe suggests that they at least want to try to make the legitimately stealthy thing work.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Tecman posted:

Did the Modeling Morality videos get posted yet?

Dishonored - Modeling Morality Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPdMJsQFVDY
Dishonored - Modeling Morality Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZPGt0Gflg

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/24/harv-and-raph-gabbin-bout-dishonored/

Yeah, they were posted in the OP, but they're pretty nice to watch. I really like when previews for games talk about their goals and their influences rather than just revealing a bunch of stuff that we can figure out for ourselves when we play. I don't need the game spoiled for me and I also don't need the obvious stuff fed to me on a platter. I just want to hear people talking about what they're aiming for.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Bad news guys: My Thief Gold sleeve was empty. :( I don't know where the discs are. Not going to be able to do that hack-and-slash Bafford run. I'll be spring cleaning my garage in a bit and looking for them at that point.

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, even archaic things like your Thief discs can be replaced for the moderate price of $10!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Resource posted:

Some more about Dishonored from RPS. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/26/dishonored-preview-3/

I would say we are less linear that Deus Ex: HR, but I think the key point is that Dishonored a linear progression of overarching objectives with additional side objectives, and not an open world game.

This is sounding pretty great: I wasn't expecting Hitman-esque options where you kill people without even directly stabbing/shooting them. And I really wasn't expecting there to be a non-lethal option for every assassination...

And I love the possession time chart:

quote:

Fish, infinitely.
Rats, a reasonable time.
Humans, not long.
Tallboy, only briefly.

Two more previews:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-26-dishonored-preview-the-ways-of-system-shock-and-thief-return
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/dishonored/831/preview.html

TychoCelchuuu fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 26, 2012

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Resource posted:

Yes, I am :-)
Unfortunately I can't say much of anything that isn't already public information.
But, I can try to make sure the information in the thread is mostly accurate.

You heard it, folks: anything you want to know about the game, phrase it in the form of something you heard, and wait for Resource to confirm it or disconfirm it!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

fookolt posted:

I heard this game is going to have day 1 MMORPGFPS DLC with Facebook integration :smugdog:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

fookolt posted:

Anything other than a complete and utter denial is going to be picked up by Kotaku. The end days are near :ohdear:

And holy poo poo, TychoC, did you make that?

Yes, when I get bored, I make joke Facebook pages about videogames (last one), so when someone cracks a joke about Dishonored being a Facebook game, it's pretty easy to just pop into Photoshop and change a few things.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I have not listened to it yet, but here is a podcast with the developers, apparently the first in a series.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Taffer posted:

I've been replaying Thief this week and I will be very disappointed in you if your promise of Dishonored being similar to it turns out to be false. :colbert:

Seriously though, it looks great, I hope it's not a let-down. I'm a massive fan of Thief and Dark Messiah, and would love to see something along those lines.

E: fan proof in username! :D
I said Thief and Dark Messiah had a baby, I didn't say whether it was stillborn. That's still to be determined.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Massive video blowout over at Gametrailers (not a ton of new gameplay footage from what I can tell):

Steam and Sorcery interview
Debut Trailer analysis
Preview part 1
Preview part 2

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

GAY RETARD posted:

So am I correct in thinking that this game is just E.Y.E. Cyber Hetero-normalcy but with the same turd-polish coating as any big name EA game?? Cause if so I gotta go preorder this poo poo.

Sounds about right, although it appears that they've dialed way back on the batshit insanity and doubled down on a compellingly realized universe and inspired art direction.

njark posted:

Do you have anymore more of these? these are amazing.

What, 6 isn't enough? I don't even own Mass Effect 3, I only have so much to work with here.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
There are some "new" screenshots up at the Bethesda blog. They're the ones the latest previews have been using, but for your convenience/so that you can view them at max resolution, here are the links I have laboriously culled, manually, from their stupid flickr account which just obscures everything like all stupid flickr accounts. I hate flickr.

I dig the trail effect on the Tallboys

I have no idea why they call this place the Flooded District, maybe the Flood from Halo show up or something

FUS RO DAH

Can't make a videogame without objectifying women!

Dude on the right has a facial expression that suggests... ecstasy of a kind rarely experienced by mortals

Corvo is apparently extremely ambidextrous

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Another preview. Nothing particularly remarkable about it except that it's on this "The Verge" place which is making a big play to become one of the rising stars of game journalism or whatever.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
They majority of their content consists of thoughtful, well-written articles, tasteful comments on interesting news, and so on, rather than the Kotaku standard of "look at this bullshit not-news story" or "this is a purposefully inflammatory argument meant to bring lots of views to our site" or "we did not follow even the basics of journalistic standards and have crammed this article with multiple mistakes."

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Joda posted:

That's not just true for Kotaku. It's endemic to almost every single facet of what is laughably called "gaming journalism" along with incompetence, thinly veiled advertising, gossip, rumour mongering, lovely writing and all the other hallmarks of what would be considered the lowest tabloid standards in any other form of journalism.

I guess RPS is ok, but even they occasionally do rumour lists and poo poo like that. Sometimes I just wish there were websites (or even paper magazines) with at least something that resembled a consistent level of academic writing and analyses and journalistic integrity.
Yes, I called it the "Kotaku standard" rather than just singling out Kotaku. There is good games writing out there (RPS often links to it in the Sunday Papers) but any website that's also looking for views is necessarily going to have some level of crap. RPS and The Verge are two of the very few sites who keep that poo poo to the minimum.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Only 5 months to wait! In unrelated news, check out this gem of a comment on the Bethesda blog in reference to the picture of the box art they used being of the PS3 version:

quote:

Wow! Bethesda doing a headline about a game and using a PS3 box art cover for the image!?!? I thought you usually try to screw us PS3 fans over with your lack of support for your PS3 fans.

Besides that though, I might pick up the game. Need to see more solid gameplay though before I decide.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Zephro posted:

This sounds really cool, and Harvey Smith is awesome, but:

Victorian steampunk city inspired by London in the 1940's

:psyduck: This is rather like "Nazi cyberpunk city inspired by Berlin in the 1980s" or "Great Depression-era city inspired by New York in the 1970s"
Literally right after that part of the OP is a link to a video that explains everything, but to sum it up for you, the city is a Victorian-esque one with steampunk technology inspired by 1940's London.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Steamworks confirmed.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Oberleutnant posted:

If it's going to be your first experience of thief I'd loving skip it and go straight for thief 2 which is pennies on gog.com. Deadly Shadows is a poor inheritor to the first two games.
If it's going to be your first experience of Thief I'd just start with Thief 1 and 2 from gog.com then pick up Thief 3 when it's on sale sometime for like $2.50.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Mzbundifund posted:

While I agree that the first two are superior, one might argue that if you are playing a game for the sixth time that speaks pretty well of it. Deadly Shadows does an awful lot of things right.
Pretty sure he hasn't finished it once. But yes, it's not an awful game. Almost every game ever made is worse than the first two Thief games, so that's no knock against the third.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

zarron posted:

I'm looking for some actual trailers of this game (mostly failing) besides the CG trailer and the commentary trailers. It look interesting but I am not sold on the game. I have never played Deus Ex, Thief or Dark Messiah since I've never owned a PC that could play those games.

If you're posting on the Internet your computer almost certainly has the power necessary to play Thief. Stealth awaits!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Look, a massive Flash animated section of their website where you get to try out one of the traps in the game! Pretty pointless. The rats look like poo poo, which is presumably because in the game they move in massive swarms and the low detail won't be apparent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

3Romeo posted:

Sparing them nets you a screensaver. Nice touch.

Haha whoops. I was far too bloodthirsty/click-happy to wait that long. Good thing I haven't used screensavers since the '90s.

• Locked thread