Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha

Travis Pfenning posted:

if you cant respect design, and leave your opinion in your pocket, you shouldn't be here either

this is the first time I've heard the "keep your stupid comments in your pocket" idiom outside of The Room. I don't really know what to make of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
How old are these people again?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Mr Underhill posted:

How old are these people again?
They never left high school.

Also Dreamfall Chapters Episode 1 is out and its really great stuff.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 21, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

I can't believe the picture they went with as the "cover" for that game. I mean, the game itself looks awful too, but holy poo poo that high school binder anime image is something else.

I more dislike the irony pixel artstyle. Making a featureless blob of blocks is "voxel-based" now apparently.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kennel posted:

These are amazing
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135307789&postcount=1612

MM: ill get back to you when im done counting my stacks of money

Mike and Travis are the PA guys.

I guess he should get back to him then because he won't have that much.

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha
What a tweet.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"Pre madonna"

Seriously? "Prima donna" is even the same number of characters!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
GAWD all I said was that I was gonna kill Gabe Newell SHEESH you pre madonnas

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm more of a post-madonna man myself

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Conebra changed everything

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm more of a post-madonna man myself

pre-miley, then?

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I kinda feel bad for his wife, but then the stacks of money comment comes back to mind aaaand gently caress'm.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I didn't know 12 year olds could marry.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I kinda felt bad for the other guy who didn't make the tweet but yeah now, gently caress both of them. Not sending people death threats and then doubling down on them isn't PR wizardry, its basic social skills.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I feel really awful for his team because he just tanked them completely overnight, and they did nothing wrong.

Be careful who you work with or for, I guess.

It`s basically a two person team, and they are both giant assholes, so I wouldn`t worry too much.

Like, "pre-madonna" IS the rest of the team.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

vmdvr posted:

It`s basically a two person team, and they are both giant assholes, so I wouldn`t worry too much.

Like, "pre-madonna" IS the rest of the team.

Yeah, in his 'leaving the company' post, the guy couldn't even decide if 4 or 5 other people worked on the game.

What gets me are all the people rallying to his cause.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

In a world where Fish still has supporters, anyone can.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

The problem is a game like PA can't even be competitive so I don't know why they're trying it apart from the fact every multiplayer game as to be "competitive" (including loving Evolve) even those that make awful spectator games or are balanced like poo poo.

I just meant "any game you play gainst other people", not necessarily PRO TOUR nonsense.

Even if they do.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
In other, more positive news, BEDLAM has been successfully funded! :toot:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skyshinegames/bedlam/posts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

quote:

ill get back to you when im done counting my stacks of money

Mods, thread title please.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Subjunctive posted:

Mods, thread title please.
We really should've done "10/10 would squat again" before.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Cicero posted:

We really should've done "10/10 would squat again" before.

How about "10/10 would squat on my stacks of money again"?

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
That Which Sleeps have less than 13 hours left on the clock, and it has reached all the stretchgoals that I care about, so :toot:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Parenthesis posted:

That Which Sleeps have less than 13 hours left on the clock, and it has reached all the stretchgoals that I care about, so :toot:

It'll probably hit the last one too, maybe. I'm curious to see if that one $3000 pledge goes through.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

They never left high school.

Also Dreamfall Chapters Episode 1 is out and its really great stuff.

I'm about an hour into it and I'm pretty sure it has already been better than the entirety of Dreamfall. The movement/interaction system is a little bit wonky but they could have done a much, much, worse job.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Sorry if this has already been posted - did you guys play the Dog Mendonca demo?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz/posts/1024079#comments

I've been following adventure game kickstarters lately and it's a real shame about this particular one - it looks amazing, apparently based on a successful comic book. Unfortunately, I guess the IP is largely unknown in the US, and as pretty as the game is - and it's REAL pretty, it has things going against it like for example the NAME. It's Dog Mendonca. In the game, he's Dog Mendoza. Every time I searched for it on KS or KT I came up with zero results. It really, really is a shame, it's rare to see and adventure game with so much hard work and awesomeness poured into its art. I'll be backing this as soon as payday's here.

Mr Underhill fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 22, 2014

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mr Underhill posted:

Sorry if this has already been posted - did you guys play the Dog Mendonca demo?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz/posts/1024079#comments

I've been following adventure game kickstarters lately and it's a real shame about this particular one - it looks amazing, apparently based on a successful comic book. Unfortunately, I guess the IP is largely unknown in the US, and as pretty as the game is - and it's REAL pretty, it has things going against it like for example the NAME. It's Dog Mendonca. In the game, he's Dog Mendoza. Every time I searched for it on KS or KT I came up with zero results. It really, really is a shame, it's rare to see and adventure game with so much hard work and awesomeness poured into its art. I'll be backing this as soon as payday's here.

Yeah, I have. It's alright.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
A couple of successful kickstarters have gotten sequels recently.

Boss Fight Books, Season 2:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gabedurham/boss-fight-books-season-2

Video Games Live, Level 4:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1916334303/video-games-live-level-4-lets-do-it-again

I backed both of the originals and was overall satisfied with what came out. Boss Fight was really hit or miss with the books, but the better ones were worth reading.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Original_Z posted:

A couple of successful kickstarters have gotten sequels recently.

Boss Fight Books, Season 2:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gabedurham/boss-fight-books-season-2

How many goons can we get to vote for Bad Rats as the 6th book?

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Mr Underhill posted:

Hey guys, what'd you think of the Charles Dexter Ward kickstarter not making what it should?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agustincordes/h-p-lovecrafts-the-case-of-charles-dexter-ward

quote:

Travel back to vintage Providence

He deserves to fail for such misuse of the word 'vintage'.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…and anyway, Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper is all the Charles Dexter Ward game you'll ever need.

At leas if you like hidden-object games.

It's a bit sad that the Lovecraft theme has really only been able to be properly incorporated in a large number of games in that particular genre.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

pisshead posted:

He deserves to fail for such misuse of the word 'vintage'.

The devs are Argentinian,some slack could be cut.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

Some people just don't deserve their dreams. Dude sounds like a real piece of work.

On another Kickstarter related note, Starcrawlers updated with this:

I'm not sure how I feel about the episodic game updates, but the project is looking really good overall. I like the idea of beta testing and releasing a polished chunk of the game, but I'm worried the chapter based releases will just be too thin to keep my interest though. That said, Wasteland 2's Arizona really benefited from the beta test while the second half needed such a beta test IMO. Maybe it'll work with Startcrawlers!

I was disappointed and prepared to kiss my pledge goodbye when Jack Houston and the Necronauts did it, and I feel the same way this time around. Given the structure of the game, I'm not really convinced that what they have is conducive to being tested on a level-by-level basis. It's a dungeon crawl, not a full-blown CRPG loaded with scripted NPCs.

Too late to withdraw my pledge though, so I'm along for the ride. I'd be cool with being pleasantly surprised. Speaking of...

staplegun posted:

I'm about an hour into it and I'm pretty sure it has already been better than the entirety of Dreamfall. The movement/interaction system is a little bit wonky but they could have done a much, much, worse job.

I enjoyed TLJ, and appreciated that it ended up going off in a completely different direction than I expected, but didn't think it was the second coming of adventure games. Dreamfall was an abysmal disappointment on every level, so much so that I completely wrote Tornquist and Co off afterward.

This intrigues me, because I really wanted to like Dreamfall (and I've got a copy of the 'limited' edition as dubious proof), but it fought me every step of the way. Thank you. :)

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Mr Underhill posted:

The devs are Argentinian,some slack could be cut.

Well then they deserve to fail for invading the Falklands. In all seriousness, Charles Dexter Ward doesn't sound like an Argentine name.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Kickstarter Gamimg - Quit being a pre madonna and take your death threat like a man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He has a point, being a pre madonna is entirely out of line for a big company, only small companies are allowed to flip their poo poo on twitter over administrative errors.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

pisshead posted:

Well then they deserve to fail for invading the Falklands. In all seriousness, Charles Dexter Ward doesn't sound like an Argentine name.

You probably wouldn't know, but hearing people tell you you should stick with stuff related to your culture is jarring as hell, and it encourages stereotyping and lack of diversity. I'd love to see a Lovecraftian game made by innuites, if only just to see what they come up with. E.g. I'm from Transylvania, but I'll flip my poo poo if someone tells me I should make something Dracula related one more time.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Night In The Woods new release estimate: 2015. Sometime. Or a few months later. But not too many later.

I weep. Even with Pathologic and Torment, I want NITW the most.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mr Underhill posted:

You probably wouldn't know, but hearing people tell you you should stick with stuff related to your culture is jarring as hell, and it encourages stereotyping and lack of diversity. I'd love to see a Lovecraftian game made by innuites, if only just to see what they come up with. E.g. I'm from Transylvania, but I'll flip my poo poo if someone tells me I should make something Dracula related one more time.

You should make something Dracula-related. The actual historical Vlad Tepes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

RottenK posted:

You should make something Dracula-related. The actual historical Vlad Tepes.

Calling him Vlad Tepes is like calling our President B-Rock the Islamic Shock.