Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Lab Zero (Skullgirls) just announced their next game - "Indivisible":

The crowdfunding campaign (with playable prototype) won't start for several weeks, no date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgLtNAKTjhw

I'm surprised they are still doing it on Indiegogo after the problems with Paypal last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

a lush soundtrack from legendary Secret of Mana composer Hiroki Kikuta.
I AM SO IN. SoM/SoM2 easily had the best JRPG soundtracks of the SNES era.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Kikuta's PS1 stuff was really good too and is rather underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO7nSb9evnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gceva3eF3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foSu7jxwctA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sevYXfkySSg

Hell if it wasn't for him there would never be Shadow Hearts so he will always have my respect.

I'm gonna back it. I know Lab Zero can deliver, especially now that they are no longer cursed.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 3, 2015

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Combat Cats, which was Kickstarted forever ago, just got released on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350610/

It was kinda fun last time I played it. (Probably over a year ago.)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

The crowdfunding campaign (with playable prototype) won't start for several weeks, no date.

I never played Skullgirls since I'm not much of a fighting game fan (though I've seen it) but I know it's really solid. That looks like a great concept and might be the first thing on IndieGogo I'll ever pledge toward (and I have >120 backed Kickstarters)

I really like good action-RPGs, particularly ones that aren't 3rd person 3D.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm surprised they are still doing it on Indiegogo after the problems with Paypal last time.

Indiegogo is probably offering them some sort of incentive. Skullgirls is still one of the biggest gaming projects IG has had.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well, it is nice to see the old Secret of Mana composer getting work, at least.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

No Gravitas posted:

- ;-* Hi, honey. Can you buy some milk on the way home?

- :unsmith: Yes, of course. I love you! I cannot wait to get home and give you a big loving hug.

- ;-* Great. Also ERROR GET THE gently caress OUT THE HOUSE YOU MOTHERFUCKER I HATE YOU rear end in a top hat gently caress YOU DIE IN A DITCH please get me some more tea from the corner store.

- :smith: Yes, dearest.

Obviously suffering from BPD.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Great, another thing I can judge people for playing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wendell posted:

Superbrothers is seriously one of the worst games I've ever played.

It was seriously one of the worst games I never played because I pressed every button on my keyboard and mouse and the only thing I was able to move was the camera :v:

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

No Gravitas posted:

With every update I'm falling more and more in love with Pathologic. drat.

This is becoming the game I'm most excited for.

I hope Ice-Pick Lodge uses kickstarter for all of their future games so I can continue to read their weird rear end update posts.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

The Shenmue III Kickstarter has been updated with a few new pledge rewards.
Most are silly (have your photo on a pachinko board, have your face on one of the enemies), but we can finally get a disc release for PS4.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

0 rows returned posted:

I hope Ice-Pick Lodge uses kickstarter for all of their future games so I can continue to read their weird rear end update posts.

Agreed.

I want them to make a sequel to Illbleed.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

IPL would absolutely kill it if they made an Illbleed-like game.
The only problem would be the actual nudity instead of covering the protagonist in floor or whatever that powder was.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Another Castle just went bust.

quote:

Unfortunately I’m canceling Another Castle.

Last year I almost went completely broke, and totally burned out on the game. I was able to get a full time job, and had naively thought I would still be able to work on the game on the side. The reality is that the scope of what I wanted to make was too large, and for a lot of reasons I no longer believe in the game. At this point I need to work on something that I have a realistic chance to finish and can make awesome.

If you would like a refund, I would be more than happy to provide you with one. Just send me a message and I can send you the money through paypal or by check. It may take me a few months to refund everyone, however I want to make this right to the extent that I can.

I can’t make any specific promises right now, however I think there is a lot I can take from this project to work on some smaller, more tightly defined games. If at all possible, any games I do end up making I’ll be giving to you for free even if you get a refund.

I’m sorry for letting you down.

At least he's honest. If I were that honest I'd admit that I'd totally forgotten about this one.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Legends of Fire and Steel is a turn-based fantasy strategy game that's kind of like Heroes of Might and Magic meets light territory-control wargames like Risk. They're at 2k/50k with 14 days to go, which is a shame, because it actually looks pretty good.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Megazver posted:

Legends of Fire and Steel is a turn-based fantasy strategy game that's kind of like Heroes of Might and Magic meets light territory-control wargames like Risk. They're at 2k/50k with 14 days to go, which is a shame, because it actually looks pretty good.

They leave out the one game this looks exactly like! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH_fW9aSGx4

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Megazver posted:

quote:

While the game takes its roots from old-school strategy games like Heroes of Might and Magic, Civilization and Warcraft, it is designed differently from the ground up to be fun and enjoyable in hour-long play sessions either in single player or multiplayer mode. The controls are kept purposefully simple, and the player actions have been honed down to make every choice meaningful. This is a game about creating a strategy, and then executing it by making the correct tactical decisions quickly.

We have also looked to card games like Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering for inspiration - integrating the ability to choose armies and heroes to be mixed and matched like trading cards to create complex strategies. These abilities work with the terrain types and map layout to create opportunities for players to create different strategies against their opponents.

Maybe they should have mentioned Skyrim and being a rogue-like.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

Maybe they should have mentioned Skyrim and being a rogue-like.

They mentioned some turn-based strategies for their overworld map, then some card-based games for the combat system? Oh no, such disgraceful keyword stuffing!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Megazver posted:

They mentioned some turn-based strategies for their overworld map, then some card-based games for the combat system? Oh no, such disgraceful keyword stuffing!

Sorry people are criticizing your kickstarter dude, I guess now is a bad time to mention the strange use of women in their promo art in 2015?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Prop Wash posted:

Sorry people are criticizing your kickstarter dude, I guess now is a bad time to mention the strange use of women in their promo art in 2015?

What are you even talking about.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Megazver posted:

Oh wait I'm sorry I did miss the rogue-like reference:

quote:

The goal is to make a game that has the feel of a large, epic strategy game like Civilization, Crusader Kings 2, or Heroes of Might and Magic, but with the shorter playtime and simple controls of a game like Risk, Lux, or FTL

It's like CK2 but with the shorter playing time of FTL. Yes sir no keyword stuffing here. No sirree

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Prop Wash posted:

Yeah, wow, these guys should totally be ashamed that they included women in their promo art for the game. Somebody let them know that it's not 2014 anymore, nobody cares about women.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

monster on a stick posted:

Oh wait I'm sorry I did miss the rogue-like reference:

It's like CK2 but with the shorter playing time of FTL. Yes sir no keyword stuffing here. No sirree

That is the strangest thing to get mad over. I'm not much into strategy or boardgames but I don't see what's wrong with either.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

mycot posted:

What are you even talking about.

I thought it was obvious when their only human-looking Fae was basically just a normal woman but with giant breasts stuffed into a toga, or that their human women are all wearing breast armor and the rightmost one is actually doing the '90s comic book tits-and-rear end pose.

I'd say at least the Undead faction doesn't have a sexy vampire but it's hard to figure out what's up with that half-zombie woman on the right.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

What I want to know is why the bird in this image has a tiny man's face with a green beard on its breast.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Obsurveyor posted:

What I want to know is why the bird in this image has a tiny man's face with a green beard on its breast.

:eyepop:

Can't be unseen.

edit: maybe it isn't really a bird at all, but some sort of small magical fairy type creature who wears a bird costume?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

KiddieGrinder posted:

:eyepop:

Can't be unseen.

edit: maybe it isn't really a bird at all, but some sort of small magical fairy type creature who wears a bird costume?

It's a Kakapo living in a hollowed-out falcon.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sethian just got greenlit, which is awesome.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, what's the advantage of Indiegogo exactly?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

Apparently Indiegogo takes less of a cut and you get the money faster, also as previously stated Indiegogo might be giving them some sort of added incentive because the Skullgirls campaign was one of Indiegogo's biggest ever.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Megazver posted:

Honestly my only issue is they're making a big deal out of what is basically Fantasy Risk.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Kurtofan posted:

Indiegogo has the option to do flexible funding, which gives the money immediately. Usually this is more of a turn off but Skullgirls was possibly the only really successful flexible funding campaign because they really did have everything needed to continue working on the game, they were just broke.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

mycot posted:

Indiegogo has the option to do flexible funding, which gives the money immediately. Usually this is more of a turn off but Skullgirlswas possibly the only really successful flexible funding campaign because they really did have everything needed to continue working on the game, they were just broke.
The Skullgirls campaign was fixed funding like a normal Kickstarter and they said Indivisible will be the same.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Accordion Man posted:

The Skullgirls campaign was fixed funding like a normal Kickstarter and they said Indivisible will be the same.

Really? Well so much for that idea.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The bad part about the Skullgirls kickstarter was leaving the extra characters up to a vote when video game fan voting has been the greatest argument against democracy.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Is anyone still playing Skullgirls? I always thought it kinda fell off the map.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Groovelord Neato posted:

The bad part about the Skullgirls kickstarter was leaving the extra characters up to a vote when video game fan voting has been the greatest argument against democracy.

The best characters won that one though.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Hakkesshu posted:

Is anyone still playing Skullgirls? I always thought it kinda fell off the map.

There's a lobby or two up most of the time on PC. It's dead but not buried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kurtofan posted:

It used to (and in some instances still do) have the advantage that they accepted campaigns from a wider range of locations around the world, whereas Kickstarter was strongly tied into US payment institutions that required a US presence to get the money out at the end.

While this has changed a lot over the last year or two, a number of companies have established themselves on Indiegogo and run a couple of campaigns by now, meaning their backers are already in the system. For both the company and the backer, this creates a fair amount of inertia to move everything and everyone over to a different platform.