Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
No love yet for Auditorium 2: Duet? It is a sequel to Auditorium, a cool little music game. You control the flow of energy to make music.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/761471459/auditorium-2-duet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

WhiteHowler posted:

Ten days to go, and they're only about halfway to their goal. The original is a really great game, and the co-op play in the new one looks very fun. I hope some goons will jump on this.

It must be really depressing for them to see DoubleFine and Wasteland 2 blow past them a few hours after opening, while they have been at it for I think 50 days and only half way there, and have a very modest budget of 60k

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

theblackw0lf posted:

So this isn't really game related, more kickstarter related, but HOLY CRAP!

Last week a company asked for $100,000 to create a watch that syncs to your iPhone or Android and has a bunch of cool features.

The current total is now $3,244,755

And they still have 32 days to go.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

Holy crap this thing looks awesome, I backed $1 until I can see if the wife will let me drop $115 on something this cool!

I wonder how it will work with the iPhone, I thought it was pretty locked down at least e-mail wise, I know the normal phone stuff is normal bluetooth.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Quarex posted:

Why do people like watches in the year 2012 :smith:

I like keeping my phone in my pocket unless its to answer a call, read a text message, or to check my email.

I like a watch to see what time it is with a quick bend of the wrist and a glance, it is a lot better than reaching into pocket, pulling out phone, click the wake button, reading the time, clicking the sleep button, and putting it back in my pocket.

If I can get a watch that tells; me who is calling, that I have an email, and change change my music I think that is worth $115. I also like that we can change the face and even make our own!

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Brown Moses posted:

In case you missed it Ellwood Barlett has posted a series of videos where he discusses the gameplay mechanics of Your World.

Wow, this dude is really knowledgeable about how hookers work, don't know how we are going to manage server combat balance but hot dang does he know the hooking game will work!

I don't see how this dude even thinks he will be funded for this, I think with kickstarter the first week tell tale sign of how well it is going to do.

A game with a lower funding level might be able to get finding this late in the time but he still has over a million to go, and to me the game doesn't seem promising at all

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
This seems interesting

Android stick with HDMI for you tv, the cool part is the remote. For 55 bucks it seems well worth it, I've seen the idea before but it was cheap Chinese crap with a bad interface this seems to fix the interface problem and the hardware looks a lot better. I can't wait to play all my android apps on my tv :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2028163448/equiso-smart-tv-turn-any-tv-into-a-smart-tv

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

GrandpaPants posted:

Note that the sequel will only be funded if the KS reaches $1m, which is sort of a weird "stretch goal" when it's listed as the name of your KS.

Also, Defense Grid had a story?

I want them to reach the 500,000 mark. Co-op would be a great time with friends!

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
This isn't a game but maybe you could make one with it

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digistump/digispark-the-tiny-arduino-enabled-usb-dev-board

I know nothing about wiring but this makes it seem like it would be easy and cheap. They say you can make a 'blink(1)' out of it.

(Is there any non-gaming Kickstarter thread?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
I came across this cool looking Kickstarter.

It has colored LED in it that they said you can play games with and give you alerts. From the video it also looks like it has touch abilities.

Goal looks big to achieve though $700,000.

It will be interesting to see what people do with it once it gets out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloudlight/light-1